Greetings from Scotland!!!

craft-a-holic

Hi Everyone :w00t:

I've been lurking around this website for weeks and you're drawing me in deeper and deeper and ....

After reading a post from a fellow Scot I just had to register so I could add my reply to encourage her not to give up, so here I am!

I live just north of Glasgow, am married and have two sons (aged 14 and 11) and three guinea pigs (all boys too, aged 19 months and soooo cute!)

As my user name suggests I'm a craft-a-holic. I love all types of crafts but especially dolls houses and needlework, spending all my spare time on these.

I only started dolls houses about one year ago and have only completed a Dolls House Emporium kit (Springwood Cottage) which I recently sold as I have another three dolls houses plus a miniature village to make room for.

I love to make 'stuff' for the dolls houses using whatever's to hand and have picked up some great techniques from you guys - so please keep the ideas coming.

I'm sure I'm going to love this forum - it's certainly a meeting of (like-minded) minds!

All the best to everyone at Christmas and for 2008! :p

Allison

Hello & Welcome to the neighborhood!! I Love a lot of the Dolls House Emporium kits but so far have only bought there small kits because shipping is so much to ship here. I'd love to see pictures and all. It's Great to meet another person who loves this wonderful hobby too!!

After reading a post from a fellow Scot I just had to register so I could add my reply to encourage her not to give up, so here I am!

I live just north of Glasgow, am married and have two sons (aged 14 and 11) and three guinea pigs (all boys too, aged 19 months and soooo cute!)

Well thank goodness you joined, because thanks to you and the rest of the members I am still here, not discouraged, and the proud owner of my first dolls house (see my last post in my ranting and raving thread ;) ) and I also own two guinea pigs (both girls) but thats beside the point!

I'm really surprised how close to each other us scots actually are, maybe its a takeover :groucho:

we shud organize a meet up and go mini hunting for bargans

Now thats a good idea, but it may have to wait a while, cause I've just opened the first box and panicked at all the bits that have come out! :groucho: Might take me a while to get round to the furniture bit, still got to paint it, build it, light it,and decorate it (and thats only the basement) ;)

Welcome, Allison.

GREAT SCOT!!!!!!! ANOTHER SCOT!!!!!!!
Wolfie can't help herself, she may have fleas & I think she forgot to get all her shots this year!lol (scratching the top of Wolfie's furry head) But she's a love!

As I scrolled down so many Scottish flags I had to scroll back up to make sure none of you changed your flags as a joke!

There are other dollhouse sites, but none compare with this one. What I love best is everyone is so willing to share what they know. Sometimes a streak of competitiveness can make artists secretive. THAT is NEVER a problem here!

Welcome!

Hello and welcome. I have fond memories of Scotland - in the early 1980s I worked for a consulting company and went many times to Glascow and around the country for the Scottish Development Agency on a special project. I hope to go back some day and see more, since it is hard to sightsee when one is working!

Please post pictures of your projects - I always learn something or get ideas from everyone - master or new dollhouse person.