Marquim Hill Mansion

Monica, I believe the MHM is MDF. Several years ago when Hobby Lobby stocked it that house weighted a ton!

I have the San Franciscan kit 557which is MDF,unfortunately, and it weighs 50 pounds!

I don't know how difficult the MHMis to put together but Heidii,Lynette or somebody else that's built it can tell you.

Hi, the MHM is indeed made out of MDF, and weighs about 75 lbs. Putting together the shell isn't too hard, but (and I understand this is the norm with Duracraft dollhouses) the trim all has to be cut to size, and of course some pieces are on plywood sheets (window trim, doors, chimney, etc.). The finished house is really big--bigger than I thought it would be! The siding is milled directly onto the MDF, the instructions aren't too bad, and I've had to do a minimum of sanding to make pieces fit. It's my first *real* dh build, but I think it's gone pretty smoothly so far :p Just a lot slower than I'd like...@^#&%$ job...:banana:

Melissa

Hi,

Well I'll have to agree with Melissa on that one, the MHM is big, much larger than I had expected from the pics, but I don't regret it in the least.

This house is my first, and it's not difficult at all. Just possibly a tad overwhelming when you first open the box, but it'll pass as soon as you're familiar with everything. I spent a day or so reading the instruction booklet and tagging the pieces. The most sanding was on the window frames, but other than that everything fit together quite nicely. :p

~Sandy~

The kit weighs 75 lbs and you need two people to move it (easily). It is approx. 33 inch long and approx 20 inches wide (i cant find my tape measure).

It isnt VERY hard to put together..and I was a very green newbie when I did it. It is MDF so if you plan on electrifying it you are going to have to be creative to make holes for tapewire or just hardwire it.

I love mine. Chelsea had the nerve to ask me yesterday if I was keeping it!!! I think because I have given a couple houses away that she assumed this one was eventually going to go too. Nope Nada Never.

You better start pumping iron Monica! You are such a delicate little thing! This is one huge dollhouse weight wize!

Wolfie

From your mouth to gods ears!

And it's monsterously large! I have space all over the house carved out for all the houses...well that's what I tell hubby anyway :p

• 9 years later...