Christmas Eve

heidiiiii

What are your plans for today?

Fred has the day off (Yay!) so it will be another lazy day. My kitchen is a disaster from cooking yesterday so I have to clean the entire kitchen.

The ham is defrosted so i will be scoring and dotting cloves on it for tommorrow. I have to make the spaghetti sauce today for the stuffed shells (vegan).

Tonight I am making two versions of dinner. Shrimp scampi for Nat and Fred...Eggplant scampi for Chelsea and I.

1 more day and I get to play Wii! WooHoo! LOL

Plans for today include finishing up some last minute food shopping and then going to SIL this afternoon for family gift exchange. We are getting together early this year so the families have time for Christmas Eve at their own homes. Then, tomorrow it is off to the In-laws.

Maybe I'll start my Christmas shopping today for the wife. But then , maybe I'll wait until Wednesday & get a big discount. However, I was thinking , she has me....what more could she want ?? (lol)

Have a happy & safe holiday , all.

Steve in PA

I work till noon today.

Then my brother and I will be having movie day. You know the movies you been meaning to watch but never seem to have time lol. Seems like this is the perfect time JR is out of school for the holidays and we will both be home at the same time.

Tomorrow we will open the presents and just hang out.

Bec

Greg has to work today, I'm not really sure what time he'll be home. If it's going to be a normal day he'll be home around 6 or if they're going to let let off earlier, we'll just have to wait and see. They gave him an option to have either christmas eve or new year's eve off, he took new year's eve because he took the 2nd off to take me to the doctors and plus it gave him a 5 day weekend. :p

Every christmas eve we go to my brother's for dinner, a nice easy walk across the yard :) . And basically that's it.

Pie baking and more cookie baking for me. And in between cutting the stone out of egg cartons for my castle walls. 1" x 3/4" - should be fun!

Tomorrow we were supposed to go to Missoula for dinner with friends, but we are having a virtual blizzard here today so Doug says "no way!" We will have our ham at home after all! Thank you Heidi! I can taste that crunchy glaze now! You-All!

Wolfie

So far today:

Baked banana bread for breakfast

Have 2 mincemeat pies in oven

Cooked 3 Lbs sausage for sausage/egg bread baking tonite

Have to do yet:

Cook the 3 dz eggs for bread

Clean and set dining room

Shower

Cook our Prime Rib and stuff for dinner around 2ish

Put bread dough out to rise before church

4pm to 8pm at church for Christmas mass and pagent (I do costumes etc with kids, 2 services)

Go to friends party after church

Home by 10ish to cook bread for morning

stuff stockings

Tomorrow:

Bake Apple pie to take to brother in laws for 1pm

Hopefully we will be baking cookies and watching tv today. My son woke up early this morning and got sick...vommiting...He fell asleep and seems okay. I am hoping I don't have to spend the day with him at th ER. Poor little monkey he is so sweet. After I cleaned him up he said" thanks mommy, you really are the best mommy ever" awwww...poor little punmpkin :congrats:

Darrell was called in to work early today. His new boss called in sick. We are having many of the kids up for Christmas dinner, but delayed it a day so we will be celebrating on the 26th. Tomorrow is the only day The store Darrell works at is closed. We will probably watch dvd's while I start cooking the Ham for Wednesday's diner. I wanted to make sure I had enough for everyone and bought a 22 pound ham that will require pre-cooked carving to fit in my biggest pan. I did not calculate the cooking time and once home, realized it will take 14 hours to cook this baby. Today I plan on doing some more baking, work on a dh,baking 2 apple pies making rum balls and making chicken noodle soup. This soup has been a traditional Christmas Eve meal since I can remember, and the sight of noodles laying out drying always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Melissa

Well, I was planning on doing some cooking prep, a little house cleaning and then working on a new tatched-roof-woodlands-cottage primrose, but after reading this, I believe I'd rather make the rounds at all your houses and taste what everyone else is making! Where's a teleporter when you need one!!

Deb

We had the last of our Solstice parties yesterday -- I cooked a ham, sweet potatoes (thanks for the special ham sauce, you-know-who-you-are!! :congrats: ) mashed potatoes, corn, beer batter bread... The guests (only 2) brought a cake. A couple of bottles of wine later, they went off home. So I'm cleaning up today, putting away all the dishes and pots and pans. We've got "a ton" of leftovers, so won't have to cook anything for the next couple of days (thank heavens for the microwave! Zap leftovers really easily! :wave: )

So I'm doing some final work on a consulting job I did last week, and once that's done, maybe I'll be able to get back to my little library that I've been working on ... one of the Houseworks shops. I've got the interior papered, the exterior painted, windows glued in place, door "hung". About all I have to do is some touch up, and then I can glue it together, I think! :wub:

I finished prepping the ham, I made the filling for the stuffed shells, sauce is bubbling on the stove, deconstructed the pineapple (it was only $2!), defrosting strawberries for dessert (angel food cake), and I just finished making a substitute for Fred (he cant eat the baked mac and cheese)..a arborio, shrimp, cucumber salad with lemon, dijon mustard vinagrette. That has to sit overnight.

Next I have to work on the cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow.

I am pooped!

Oh! I also made guacamole with tofutti sour cream...no dairy in this baby. Tastes good.

A few things on my to-do list: scrub the linoleum (already scrubbed the kids yesterday-- they are NOT waterdogs!), make a spinach-bacon quiche that I found a nice recipe for, finish stoning the Pierce base and at least get started on shingling the tower, and maybe get around to vacuuming...

Tomorrow I'll tackle that pork roast recipe that I found-- we'll see how that goes! Campbell's green bean casserole shouldn't be too hard though...!

I have had a month from you know where... First it was hives.... then it was extreme hives..After doctors visits it is now hives and flu or cold not sure which lol

Today though we are working on no hives just a bad cold and cough and at WORK lol

I will be glad when this holiday season is over LOL

started cooking last night

2 loaves of pumpkin bread

girls made sugar cookies iced this morning

I started my day with a cherry and apple pie

now baking 2 more pumpkin bread

2 pumpkin pies

1 batch of rice crispie treats

1 batch of oreo truffles

have the eggs cooked for deviled eggs

getting ready to prep my ham with brown sugar/pineapple rings/cherries

put it in as soon as my pies are done.

while ham baking

will make cheeseball

and the eggs

just finger foods for us tonight and desserts!

I will make a sit down dinner for tomorrow.

well time for me to get back to it!

huggggzzzz yall!

nutti :congrats:

Jeninky,

I hope Santa brings you some better health! Goodness! I had a few months like that, which started last Christmas. I thought I would never get better! But, I was so grateful when I finally did! Speedy recovery wishes to you!

As for our preparations, let's see, we just finished a batch of decorated sugar cookies. Made backwards chocolate chip cookies last night. Marinara sauce is cooking right now for lasagna tonight. We don't do a "Christmas dinner", so it will be great left over tomorrow. We do have a nice small brunch for when my dad comes over in the morning. Probably egg and turkey sausage casserole with biscuits.

DH just got home, early! which is nice. And the kids finished his photoshopped joke present just before he pulled into the driveway. (a picture of them at Busch Gardens, with Papa Smurf's head on his body and goofy caption! - he'll love it!) And it was perfect timing!

Still need to vacuum, finish laundry and wrap a few last gifts.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

I posted elsewhere we went out for breakfast and then to the doctor's office to start the follow-up for the pacemaker placement; one of the issues that has already shown up is that I was developing high blood pressure, so that's the next thing to fix. We did a little personal wardrobe shopping and then went by DH's old workplace to wish Merry Christmas to all the former coworkers who had to come in today to work; it was nearly all our friends with whom we either hike or paddle, and we had a wonderful visit.

Then we finished errands and went out to supper before coming home. It was my first day dressed, out of bed & up running around since getting home from the hospital Wednesday and I feel SO good!

We went to my parents today (that was fun) and opened presents, we ate out, then we went to a historic Fort. It is decorated all over for Christmas. The kids loved it and didn't want to see any more after that. So we came home.

Just got back from a lovely time at my brothers. It was snowing heavily and kind of scary on the roads, but as soon as we arrived, the snow stopped. A white, beautiful christmas! My brother has a gorgeous home and it was decorated so nicely for christmas. It was so nice to see everyone!!!! Yummy food and a great time visiting. :congrats:

Check list:

Pulled pork---slow cooked and ready to pull

potato salad--in the fridge

baked beans--prepped and ready to go in the crock pot tomorrow morning

deviled eggs--waiting for Bruce to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work and bring eggs coz I forgot to put them on the grocery list yesterday. But I'll devil and torment them tomorrow morning.

Stockings hung by the chimney with care---added one for Joe, filled it with toys and fun things and even found a lump of coal to go in it. <cackle>

Cookies out for Santa--both chocolate chip and peanut butter.....and a beer.

Not a creature stirring, not even a mouse-----Hmmmm. This is a tough one. Napoleon has one of his furry mice out and is flinging it around in the air. Maybe it doesn't count if the mouse isn't stirring voluntarily.

I think we're ready.

Deb

Just went outside with the dog a bit ago. It's a beautiful snowy night here in Seeley Lake. Can't see the lights down in the town because of the snow, but it is swirling around as we walked around the driveway. The snow is up to my knees and Princess was leaping and bounding along the way. It's lovely out there, even though by morning I'm gonna hate getting the shovel out for the deck! LOL

Peace to all of you on this most blessed of nights!

Wolfie