I've Been Lurking for a while...

terah

I finally decided to dive in.

My name is Terah, from the brrrrry-cold Midwest. I ordered a Beacon Hill kit with my Yule gift money, so I'm starting on my first big build. I absolutely love this house, and I have enough ideas to fill 3 or 4 of them! (someday...)

I am currently finishing up the Orchid, which was my "practice house" to see if I had the patience to work on a large house. It's been a great time, so off I go with the Beacon Hill!

I've spent a lot of time looking at the pictures in the gallery and have gotten so many great ideas. There are some goregous, drool-worthy houses on there!

(makes a curtsy) Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Terah, and WELCOME! :D

I'm pretty new too and spend most of my time lurking -- which is truly time well spent. I'm sure there's not a question these great folks can't answer.

Where in the frigid Midwest are you? I'm in Florida now, but was born & raised in Chicago, so know something about frigid first-hand.

I'd love to hear about your Beacon Hill ideas.

Kathleen

Another hearty welcome from the frozen Midwest (Missouri), although we're due for a burst of spring (62 F) over the weekend. Go figure.

I, too, am looking forward to eye candy. Do share your progress with us!

Hi and :D to the group Terah!

The BH is one of the forums favs and most certainly one of mine! I'm still waiting to do mine B)

I can't wait to hear what you have planned for yours! It has a number of gorgeous possibilities and, you can't go wrong with a design vision for it. Show us pics as soon as you can! :wtg:

Namaste

Monica

Thanks everyone for the warm and cheery welcome! Although we too will be warm this weekend, like Kathie B...from 4 on Monday to 52 on Saturday. :)

I am in Central Illinois, a little south of Champaign-Urbana.

I don't plan to have a kitchen at all...in the "visible" part of the house! This house belongs to a weird old professor who is a traveller/collector/amateur archaeologist...so there will be a library, an Egyptian room, a medieval room/armory, and an occult artifacts room. I picture him having a grandmotherly housekeeper who keeps him fed (because he doesn't cook!) but who refuses to dust the creepy stuff.

By the way, I am sooo glad I am not the only one who finds the house "talking to me" as I build, telling me what it wants to be and who lives there!

Thanks everyone for the warm and cheery welcome! Although we too will be warm this weekend, like Kathie B...from 4 on Monday to 52 on Saturday. :)

I am in Central Illinois, a little south of Champaign-Urbana.

I don't plan to have a kitchen at all...in the "visible" part of the house! This house belongs to a weird old professor who is a traveller/collector/amateur archaeologist...so there will be a library, an Egyptian room, a medieval room/armory, and an occult artifacts room. I picture him having a grandmotherly housekeeper who keeps him fed (because he doesn't cook!) but who refuses to dust the creepy stuff.

By the way, I am sooo glad I am not the only one who finds the house "talking to me" as I build, telling me what it wants to be and who lives there!

The only problem is that the houses I build expect me to make all this stuff, including the people who live there!lol

Hello Terah, and welcome "home"! You will have realised how well you fit in here as you looked around at the different galleries, blogs and topics. I love the ideas you have for the BH. What did your Orchid become? I hope you have lots of pics to share with us!

Welcome to the forum!

you certainly have some interesting ideas for your house!

do you have any colors picked out yet?

I to wonder how your Orchid came out? that is such a sweet little house.

I do hope you will share your progress with us!

Happy Building!

nutti :)

Hello and Welcome

I've just finished the Beacon Hill...I had a ball building this house. So many possiblities. Looking forward to seeing your version of it. :photo: