Garfield- New builder! First house! need advise!

Ms. Mini

and by the way Happy Birthday on wedensday

mahalo, mahalo nui; domo arigato, muchas gracias. I'll be 64

Let us know how the sealing/ priming/ whatever turns out! I'm trying to unwarp a countertop sample chip I made into a mini table top & I think it has warped worse since I glued on legs, I may end up having to go back & make stringers (mumble, mumble, mumble, *magic* words).

mahalo, mahalo nui; domo arigato, muchas gracias.  I'll be 64

I'm trying to unwarp a countertop sample chip I made into a mini table top & I think it has warped worse since I glued on legs, I may end up having to go back & make stringers (mumble, mumble, mumble, *magic* words).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are stringers? I have a small nursery table that I'd ordered on ebay. It arrived with a warped top, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thanks.

Susanne

What are stringers?

Stringers are the pieces of wood that in 1:1 scale tables help support the top & attach the legs to the table top. I hope it won't come to that because I'll have to pop the legs off both tables, space the stringers & legs in a dry-fit, glue & clamp the stringers to take out the warp & then glue the legs back on so they attach to both the ends of the stringers & the table top, all this so that the tables look more or less the same...

ITS HERE ITS HERE! MY DOLL HOUSE IS HERE! THE GARFIELD FOUNDATION IS BEING PUT TOGETHER AS WE SPEAK!!. Now I have one questions. may be silly but im going to ask anyways...

what type of glue to use? i have the takey glue and hot glue gun? which is better?

Tacky glue!

If two foundation edges are absolutely failing to behave with tacky glue, though, spread tacky glue where you WANT them to stick, put them in place, then hit 'em with hot glue on the inside-bottom corner of the join (the part that will be invisible inside the foundation). The hot glue, which hardens fast, will help hold the join steady until the slower tacky glue takes hold. This will work when blue tape is getting you into one long session of wobblies.

Thanks so much for all the quick advise. im happy to say the foundation is almost done!! my goal is to have the structure built by tuesday. since thats when I go back to work. And then do the shingles, etc slower. im so excited! I should be posting some pics soon!!! :(

You can electrify any house before decorating and there are some ways to do it after decorating, too, I've ead, I think Carol from SP Miniatures has mentioned it. You might want to check the archives at www.smallstuff-digest.com to read some of the suggestions. One way is to make paper patterns of your walls & floors and use the patterns to make templates from acidfree lightweight card and adhere the floor & wall treatments to them. That way you can remove them to "troubleshoot" wiring on down the line (so to speak :( )

You can use doublesided tape to attach the walls & floors.