What are You Reading? 1/8/08

Have you read any good books recently?? It's Winter time and I love to curl up with a good book. I just read Alice's Tulips by Sandra Dallas (Bought it at the library). It was pretty good.

What about you, have you read anything good recently??

I am reading a book I got for Christmas. I have read it many times before and loaned all my copies out to not have them returned. It is ok, I figure they like it as much as I did. I also recommend it to all my children and anyone else. OH, The title is "Men are from Mars, and women are from Venus"

Melissa

I'm trying to read Martin Pring's Introduction to Technical Analysis. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to read--or energy to understand it. My father wants me to learn more about investments, so he loaned me his copy for a couple of weeks. I have to return, but just ordered myself a copy, so I can really read and learn from it. I also have been reading Wicked, but for some reason have not really gotten into it yet.

Right now I am reading every book that my library has on miniatures. I have about 20 books checked out and have returned about 5. So far, I've only inter-library loaned from libraries in my district. The only problem is that not all of my DIY projects are turning out as well as the books. I'm starting to wonder if my projects are more expensive than their store-bought cousins.

Upstairs I'm reading C Everett Koop's autobiography and long-overdue Allan Paton's Cry the Beloved Country. Downstairs I'm reading Darwinia, a strange little book I picked up at Good Will that I'll probably give to DS#3, my sci-fi reder, when I finish. I also have two books on the origins of human thought processes; this piqued my interest since I'm reading Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors by Carl Sagan out in the camper. (I can't read just one book at a time, it isn't possible; I have at least one book to read on camping trips and another to read while eating, one for the livingrom when I'm resting my hands & fingers from needlework, one or two to read in the "library" and one to read in bed). Oh, and a book by Benjamin Franklin out in DH's truck! Y'all would not believe the stacks of books DH & have still unread.

I just finished Joseph Wambaugh's Hollywood Station & Killer Pancake by Diane Mott Davidson (my favorite mystery author lately)

• 3 weeks later...

i've been reading romance novels by the writer stephanie laurens. i haven't read that type of book in a few years, but suddenly got sucked back in to them....must need some love! lol! :clap:

• 2 months later...

I'm going thru my Patricia Cornwell collection again. I'm on the third book now.

I need to find out where our local library is, i'd like to start going to the library again.

My son has the first 10 book from the Disk World series. I have been reading them after he has finished. Just started the third book today. If you have read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and liked it, you would really enjoy these book. He is buying them used on Amazon. It is sort of weird to get book recommendations from a 12 year old, but I really like the books.