From Atlanta!

AmandaSD

Hey there! I'm Amanda.

I recently bought a doll house kit off an online store. It's called the Primrose cottage. I've never put one together, so I need to learn abit more about doll houses before I try.

I'm really excited! I bought it to house a doll from one of my other hobbies. She's only 11.2 cm ( or 4.4 inches ) tall. Barbie's Kelly doll size. Hopefully she'll be perfect for the house kit scale. Built size is : 15 1/2"H x 11 1/2"W x 10"D for the cottage.

Anyway, the best way to learn is to see what other people have done. I hope to learn a lot before my cottage arrives so I'll be ready to build it with little fear of doing something wrong. :whistle: Oh yeah, I just realized this cottage kit had a link to this forum.

Hello Amanda, and welcome to the forum! :whistle:

The Primrose is a darling little kit - the reason there was a link to this forum is because it's made by Greenleaf!

http://www.corona-concepts.com/doll-house-...-house-kit.html

You certainly did come to the right place to learn about building this sweetie and many other dollhouses, too! We love to help each other here - sharing and learning together is a lot of fun. Please have a good browse through the members galleries, blogs, and all the interesting topic threads. This place is brimming over with information, ideas, advice and friendship.

Thank you! :whistle: I'm a greenhorn in the doll house hobby. My hubby is an excellent carpenter/finish carpenter. So I have access to a lot of tools. He says he can help with gluing and such - but the real work is all on me.

Since I'm not too familiar with dimensions, maybe someone here will have a pic of a 5 inch doll inside one of these cute little cottages? I can't wait to get some free time and browse the galleries.

I'd like to turn the primrose into a rustic bakery. I have a lot of re-ment items to display.

Hello, and welcome to the community!

I built the Primrose for L'il Miss Rabbit, who is about the same size as your doll. The attic is a bit short on head room, so L'il Miss Rabbit's niece, who is shorter, lives up there. :whistle:

Welcome Amanda, You'll find lots of help here! Many of us have built the Primrose, I just wish there was an easier way of searching the galleries for photos of particular houses. I did one as a school house, and am working on another now. This one is going to be a library.

They are very fast and easy to build. Great for a first project. I think you made a good choice for a bakery!

KathieB - Your cottage is adorable!! I'm sure the primrose is the best choice for the plans I have for it. <3

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! From what I have seen of the gallery, you guys build really amazing houses!

There's a Hobby Town store a few exits up the interstate from the home, but it seems like they don't carry much for houses.

My main source for anything is ebay.

My hubby thinks I am insane, I told him my house will have lights and an old style oven ( like the one from hansel & gretel fairy tale ).