Hello Everyone!!!

Kat C

I got so excited and just jumped right in without introducing myself.

I live in Central Oregon, have been here for over 15 years now. I have an 11 year old daughter, and also live with my boyfriend and his 13 year old son. We own two Boston Terriers, who I am just in love with.

I had a dollhouse kit when I was about 12 or 13. My dad helped me with some of it but most of it I put together myself. I painted it and bought some furniture, but never really finished it. I don't know what happened to it. I've always loved miniatures. Anyone ever been to Miniature World in Victoria, BC? I can spend so much time in there studying all the details of all the little houses they have.

So now I'm ready for a real hobby. I've been thinking about a dollhouse for a while now and think I'm finally ready. Unfortunately there aren't any stores in my area, so I'll do the vast majority of my shopping online. I'm mostly researching my options now and trying to figure out what will be best for me to start with. I'm so excited!!!

Welcome again, Katherine, Peggi's Boston terrier is George, and he's a real sweetheart! Have you picked a first kit to build yet? One of the attractions of traveling for me is to scout out dh miniature shops; and second is thrift shops; I've found both the wrecks I rehabbed in thrift shops, as well as all sorts of nifty stuff to make into mini accessories, etc.

the larger houses are kinda intimidating, IMO.

Only until you build one. I sort of worked backwards, I started out with a San Franciscan and then a Cambridge, both all-wood (pre-MDF) kits by Dura-Craft, before I discovered Crorna Concept's Butercup and Greenleaf's Sugarplum.

I already welcomed you in your other thread, but I'll say it again here...

Hello and Welcome Katherine! It's lovely to have you with us!!

Only until you build one. I sort of worked backwards, I started out with a San Franciscan and then a Cambridge, both all-wood (pre-MDF) kits by Dura-Craft, before I discovered Crorna Concept's Butercup and Greenleaf's Sugarplum.

Yeah I went backwards too. Started with the Rutherford, now a Pierce rehab, and I'm pining away for the Beacon Hill. :blink:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome.

And I certainly have jumped in and everyone has been so helpful. I knew there were lots of choices out there but didn't realize exactly how many. I had this idea that I would have a one and only house that I would work on and add to for years. But after browsing through the galleries and seeing some of the wonderful work you have done I am inspired to do more.

I ordered my first house this morning. I'm going with the Orchid and then I think I will move on to the Glencroft. And then after practicing on those I will begin my search for my dreamhouse. I am so excited to get started!

Welcome to the forum!

you made some good first choices!

the Orchid is such a vesitile kit with endless possibilities!

I look forward to watching and hearing about your progress!

nutti :D

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome.

And I certainly have jumped in and everyone has been so helpful. I knew there were lots of choices out there but didn't realize exactly how many. I had this idea that I would have a one and only house that I would work on and add to for years. But after browsing through the galleries and seeing some of the wonderful work you have done I am inspired to do more.

I ordered my first house this morning. I'm going with the Orchid and then I think I will move on to the Glencroft. And then after practicing on those I will begin my search for my dreamhouse. I am so excited to get started!

Big {{{HUGS}}} You are already becoming seriousy addicted & haven't even pulled your first splinter yet!

Hello and welcome. You are a woman after my own heart, as Holly mentioned we have a boston terrier named George that rules this family.

I've built 5 houses and will build a couple of more before I start on my dreamhouse--the Beaumont, which is a discontinued kit, but one I hope I can do justice to, so practice makes perfect, I hope. LOL