BH Stairscase

jditter

Does anyone know if the staircase will come back out if I already put it in. I can't get the staircase painted without ripping it out. I can't get the walls wallpapered either. I was wondering if there was something I could do without ripping it out. What can I do?-Jen

Oh, Jen, this is an ongoing problem for all us Beacon Hiller's! :)

Unfortunately, if you want to paint the "other side" of the stairs, you're going to have to take them out. Unless you can paint through the front door! Yikes! You'll need a very long handled brush, a mirror and tons of patience! Might just be easier to bite the bullet and remove them.

As for wallpapering . . . I papered mine after the stairs were already installed. I just made a template, cut the paper to size and glued it in. It worked well doing it this way, but if I had my choice I'd have done it before the stairs went in.

Good Luck!!

Thanks MiniMadWoman. Off I go....out with the staircase....Oh, by the way, I am in Waukesha, Wisconsin. I think you're about an hour and half away from me, small world, eah? Did you see my photos I have up so far of at least the wiring? Talk to you and all soon.-Jen

How far did you get? When I first got here that was my first question, what to do about those walls near the stairs.

It might be easier to remove the front wall rather than the stairs. Or do what minimadwoman said.....

I was just starting to take the staircases out but I think it's all going to break. (panic).lol I think I better try what MiniMadWoman said and that's to get a mirror and have lots of patience. Let's see how that turns out. I'll keep you posted.-Jen

Hi Jen! You're in Waukesha, eh?!! ;) I have to travel to Brookfield to Rose's Doll House store. Have you been there yet? It has the greatest selection of mini-stuff.

Yikes about your stairs!! It's amazing how much patience we will endure to have our dollhouses looking great!! :D Are they going to "break" as in half or are they breaking at the glue joints? If it's the glue joints you can always glue it back together. If it's in half though, you may just want to leave well enough alone.

Good luck!!