Tax Rebate

heidiiiii

This rebate is not going to really help regular people. In my neighborhood alone there was a house that was given back to the bank and now two others in foreclosures. The paltry amount will not help those people. The two families in foreclosure have adjustable rate mortgages and now they cant make their monthly payments.

The state has this new program to try and help people with the sub prime mortgages not lose their homes. I think it said 400 applications so far and not ONE has been accepted. They expect them to only be late on their mortgage payments. If any other bills have been late in the last 6 months, they are not eligible! If you are trying your hardest to pay a ballooning mortgage payment, you are going to steal from Peter to pay Paul. You will let your gas and electric bills go just to play catch up.

I said to Fred (in a nice way) *Arent you GLAD I never re-financed the house?* If we did, we would be in the same situation. We have been here 10 yrs. The price of the house was cheap CHEAP! Then it`s value kept creepy up up up. He wanted to sell. I said NO. What..so we can have a larger mortgage payment..no thank you. Our payments are lower then a 1 bedroom apt in our area.

I complain (like everyone else) about our recession but I can say I am still fortunate that I have a roof over my head and no white sign in the yard. It makes me wish I was a gazillionare. I like the families that will probably lose their homes.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out about this information on the IRS website...Tax Rebate.

If you click on Economic Stimulus calculator it will tell you exactly how much you are expected to get.

If you click on Economic Stimulus payment schedule it will tell you exactly when you will get it.

We are going to use a portion to pay off our loan then get another loan (same payments so we wont be missing any money every month) and use that to replace the computer, replace the roof, gutters, and if any left paint the exterior of the house.

Plus I will have money left over from the rebate (all is not needed to pay off the loan) to go have fun in Sturbridge!

Wow thanks Heidi!!! That's cool, so far it looks like a rebate for me and my kiddos!! We will use it for our trip to Washington D.C in August. Their are a few miniature things there I will check out. The Smithsonian has a miniature area I am told. I will also vist the textile museam, they have all kinds of information on textiles and you can make an appointment to use the database. I hope to go for a full week, I love it there.

Thanks for the info on the tax rebate thingy! The government wants us to spend the money and things like that. This checxk for me will stsy in the bank until I really need it for emergencies and things like that. Even the company I work for corporate even said that we are in a recession and that people arent buying things in retail all that much anymore until they go clearence. I know this seeing the past 3 weeks I have been getting over 40 hours a week but starting in may they cut my hours along with everyone elses down to 22 hours a week I know I could use the down time a bit but then again my bills wont like the pay cut at all.

I will spend it to help stimulate the economy...gotta do my part...lol :D It's just a matter of what i will spend it on...I keep changing my mind...new washing machine, garage door opener, region free dvd player, vacuum, curbing for the yard, changing the oil in my differentials, a tiller for the yard, a new pair of sneakers....i need too many things right now....it will be hard to decide :)

Marg, we were having a hard time deciding what to do with it also. It really isnt alot of money in this day in age.

So that is why we are going to pay off our loan to be able to get another one so we can do more damage..LOL so to speak.

$1500 can go so fast..think about it. You could kill a couple hundred just filling your freezer and cabinets (which we plan on doing), Change oil and tune up on the car, vet bills for all the animals, a couple trips to Evilbay, a nice dinner out...How much is left after that? LOL

We need a lawn mower..($100-200 depending), resurface the walkway out front ($350)..etc etc. I could go on and on.

Did you hear about Kmart and Sears? Click here.

We are going to be smart. No willy nilly spending. We are going to sit down and write out what we are going to do with the money from the loan plus the extra that is left from the rebate after paying it off. I already earmarked money for Dawn and my trip to Sturbridge next month.

although I am a true sceptic ...if and when we get this money

I have many ideas for it...

new washer is top....than Deans truck finished and road ready

and my new bike/trike. any extra will be put twords bills and what have yous!

Prom is in 2 weeks...kid has decided to wear her birthday dress so all I have to buy is shoes and pay for her to get her hair done.

she is very excited.

nutti :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you hear on the news that they are already sending out the electronic transfers of the rebates?

That is at least 5 days earlier then was first posted on the IRS site. Transfers went out yesterday, some today and then on Friday.

I will be keeping an eye out for ours.

Here is a revised schedule of when the money will come to you...MSN Money Central. Go half way down the page and you will see the table.

I may be getting a new computer sooner than later.. WooHoo!

Chelsea is like a rabid Apple dog. When are we gonna get it? How are we gonna get it? etc etc etc. LOL

Anybody get theirs yet?

Not I said the cat...

We all want to go out to dinner and the movies with a bit. That will be the only real splurge among the four of us. Hope it comes tomorrow or Friday so we can go out on the weekend.

I have the direct deposit but im still unsure how this works. Im 19, does this apply to me?

God I hope it does. Between the fact that I got fired and totaled my car within the past 3 weeks this will be a nice way to end an otherwise miserable april. I have like $75 dollars to my name. :)

Nope, haven't received mine yet. hope it arrives tomorrow, i was naughty today and bought my region free dvd player. kind of prespent that money. The rest of it will go into my bank account to help with food, gas and this next set of bills.

Jeffrey,

I put a link on one of these posts to the IRS calculator. Grab your tax papers and fill out the fields and it will tell you if you are entitled to any.

Get your rebate status here.

It didnt work for me but maybe for you. It said it didnt have any information for me..I hope that is a fluke!

(the site says that if it isnt your time for payment, the status thingy will not show anything) Bummer!

Nothing in the bank today.

If your ss# ends in 00-20 it was put into the bank accounts on 5/2 and this Monday if your ss# ends in 21-75, then the following monday will be the next installment and so on

Thanks for the info Bea, i wonder how come it says that all electronic file people will have theirs deposited by 5/2??? that is clearly not the case. thanks for the info :p

I just checked that thingy again today. When I used Fred`s ss it said it didnt have any info. So I used my ss to see if it made a difference.

It did. Says it will be direct deposited on Friday. (Yippee!)

You get it by the first ss listed on your tax papers but you can type in either one (yours or your spouse`s) and it can give you info.