Augusta Maine Dollhouse Show

I wish you could go too Wolfie, but at least I know I will get to meet Greg! I just finished my piano, an organ, and a violin for my music room for the show, now I am working on the HOM Chippendale double settee for it. I have a friend who used to be a buyer for the NY fashion district, and she gave me lots of beautiful and exotic cloth. It's fun trying to decide just the right one to upholster the settee and matching chairs with so they compliment the fireplace.

I myself was the receipant of an absolutely stunning fireplace today....electrified with sconces and wired for the logs....but it came with a beautiful brass fire screen, a basket of logs, and a tin of matches ...... I'm thrilled!

Feather Your Nest Miniatures usually goes to the Augusta show and I think she has the green Reutters fireplace. :blink:

Wow, it's a small world! (no pun intended) :blink: Anyway, way back when I was doing my first dollhouse, I used to go to a shop she had in Brimfield, Mass. She closed her shop years ago, and I didn't know that she was still selling miniatures until I looked her shop up just now and found out who she was! I hope she is there, because it will be fun seeing her again.

Here's some more info on the show. B)

Annual Lions Club Model Train and Dollhouse Show

Saturday Feb, 16th, 2008

From 10:00 to 4:00

At the National Guard Armory on Western Avenue in Augusta, Maine

$4 for adult, and kids under twelve are free. The most you will pay for the whole family is $9

Could someone post some additional information, like the location and time? Or perhaps a link? I'm in southern Mass but I could sure use a 'live miniatures' fix right about now! If it isn't blizzarding I might drive up.

Thanks!

I hope you can go! Where in Southern Mass are you? I was born and raised in Sturbridge, but am now in Maine.

I hope you can go! Where in Southern Mass are you? I was born and raised in Sturbridge, but am now in Maine.

Hi Kathi, I live in Marion, which is between Mattapoisett and Wareham; second-to-last stop before you cross the bridge to the Cape. Do you still go to the Sturbridge show? That one's my favorite!

Hi Kathi, I live in Marion, which is between Mattapoisett and Wareham; second-to-last stop before you cross the bridge to the Cape. Do you still go to the Sturbridge show? That one's my favorite!

I haven't been to the Sturbridge show since my father passed away. After he semi retired from his electrical business, he was the electrician at the Host, and used to wire all the shows. I was lucky enough to have helped him wire some of the miniature shows, so I got to see everything both before and during them. They were great shows! I was never a dealer there, the Augusta show will be the first dollhouse show I have done. I'd love to do the Sturbridge show, but it requires a Mass. sales tax number. I don't have a clue about getting sales tax numbers in other states, and I hate paper work. It's bad enough doing the paper work for Maine and the federal government. I really don't want to have to worry about another states revenue services! I really would like to be able to go at least as a customer again though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Greg, why don't you drag my brother along with you to the show?! He doesn't believe that I'm involved in making dolls and miniatures! It might open up his eyes! And oh yes, flash a copy of the AM magazine in front of his nose - the March issue - Page 71 through 75...... He has no computer, my printer is down, I can't send him any pictures!

Wolfie