12/24/05 Holidays

Minis On The Edge

I am especially thankful this year for our very own forum Santa, Dean, for giving us a nice, safe, cozy web-place to hang out & play minis together with so many wonderful people. Happy holidays & have a new year full of blessings.

For our family it has always been a "home" holiday where we eat enough to feed a Third World village and exchange a gift & recall all the previous wild & wooly holidays.

Hugs to all those families out there that are gathering, and even more hugs for those whose families can't :)

Last night, I was listening to some Gene Autry Christmas tunes and I thought about what the holiday means to me. It is a connection to the past, memories of people and pets who are no longer here, memories of youth, reflections on where we've been and where we're going. This time of year allows me the time to reflect upon the past, time that I seldom have during the rest of the year.

Since my family won't be together this Christmas it means running up the phone bill!! :) Even though we're not together we all talk on the phone wishing each other a Merry Christmas and laughing and sharing stories over the phone lines. We still feel connected and just knowing that the other is safe, happy, healthy and full of Christmas baking brings a warmth to the heart.

Brian loves to bake so he's busy making cinnamon rolls and he's planned a special dinner for us that we're sharing with friends on Monday night. We're opening our stockings tonight (stocking stuffers are a BIG thing with us :lol: ) and will probably play Scrabble and wait for Santa to come! :lol: Oh ya, I have to go find 'A Christmas Carol'. We watch that every Christmas!!

From all us birds, dogs and people here we wish all of you out there a happy and joyous holiday season! :D

:) well it's Christmas eve, and i know all the children are getting excited.i am so thankful to be able to be with my family, and i'm praying for the ones who can't be together, especially our troops on foreign soil, fighting for our freedom.

God bless all of you, and i wish all of you a very " Merry Christmas"!

i love christmas eve, even though we don't get together with family till tomorrow, but there is something so peaceful about Christmas eve.

Everyone have a great Christmas, and don't eat too much! :lol:

My Children are very excited so we have been bakeing up a storm started last night and still going.Christmas is my favorite time of the year and its the ONLY time that the whole family gets together. We talk about the times when we were little and past Christmas stories. Comming from a BIG family it means alot to me. I also have been keeping a SPECIAL family in my heart too this time of the year seeeing they lost there SON to a car accident this summer and it happend in my yard :) . I hope you all have a wonderful HOLIDAY and Safe New Year!!

So far the girls and I have baked:

Cut out cookies 2 dozen

2 dozen frosted sugar cookies

Choclate chip peanut butter cookies

Choclate chip cookie bar with melted Choclate morsales on the top with white choclate Santas

Deep dish Apple pie

I also made a nice roast with carrots and potatoes for Christmas Eve Supper!!

Hugs,

Lyn

• 10 months later...

Christmas is a time for giving from the heart.

When I was a child we never had much money, therefore my mother made most of what I had and when Christmas came it was wonderful to see what my mother could do with little or nothing. I in turn had the same problem, short of money. Well, like my mother I made many gifts for Christmas. One Christmas I made my daughter a child size stove, sink, and fridge, which she loved and it was played with by my 2 sons, also. I hope I have given my children what my mother gave me. The gift of giving from the heart. I'm 61 now and I still make many Christmas gifts. Christmas is a time when I feel I can give to someone like God gave his Son to us, no questions asked.

Beth

I am very thankful for many things this holiday season. I am thankful that my family is healthy and happy. I am thankful that we have a full cupboard. I am thankful that we all love each other. I am also thankful for finding Greenleaf in my hour of need and have been able to become a part of this community. As much of a chatterbox as I can be, I am glad there are ppl here who have the same ideas, ppl who bring new ideas, and everyone is able to come together in a friendly and cohesive circle. For those things, I am truly greatful.

I am so happy that we have the Greenleaf forum here too Heidi! To meet and be with wonderful people like I have met here really makes my heart swell with happiness. Even more so when I am having a bad day in my every day life.

Linda, if you did not win that lottery last year, I hope it is something you get THIS year and please don't forget about me :yikes:

I am also thankful for having found this forum! I found it when I really needed it and am amazed at how wonderful people are and how I feel like I know so many of you even though we haven't met. Thank you for all your kindness and support!

I am also thankful for having found this forum! I found it when I really needed it and am amazed at how wonderful people are and how I feel like I know so many of you even though we haven't met. Thank you for all your kindness and support!

I feel like Carrie.....a wonderful friend talked me into joining the forum and for that I want to thank him also......Thanks to all on the forum....you have made a difference in my life.....my mom enjoys watching me work on the dollhouses....now I'm working on the village......

I love everything about this site.If I am having a down day I just log on to get re-inspired.The talent is amazing and everyone is so willing to share -from the Greenleaf staff to the entire community.Joining this forum was one of the best things that happened to me in 2006.I am also grateful for my family,friends and just to be on this green earth.We are all truly blessed!

Christmas is a very sad time for me as I lost my only sibling during this time period (suicide). My parents have never recovered from the shock so Christmas doesn't really exist for them anymore and this means that I won't be able to speak to them on the phone, expect them to come visit me, or that I am allowed to visit them.

However, I do try to make the best of it and spoil my furry friends. I love spending time with them especially since I work fulltime. I know that they appreciate me being at home with them and how much they truly love me. This is good enough for me. I wish things were different but you cannot change or live in the past.

Katharina