getting ready

nuttiwebgal

yesterday I got up at 8:30 and had a full day of shopping for food and things for work...like the shoes I am taking back today....I have not worn real shoes in about 3 yrs...not since my friend turned me onto crocks/airwalks....but for the job I thought a good pair of closed heel support shoes....although they did say I could wear what I have.

the problem??? cannot stand the way they feel on my foot and cannot remember what real shoes feel like..and I do know the shoe and the foot have to grow into each other...BUT cant wear what I bought. money being an issue(hince the job) I went with some nice Dr Scholls from wally world

I wore thick socks...not the kind I would wear normally with real shoes. my feet would melt.

but with the thinner socks I bought the felt like yuckky so they are going back sometime today.

probably when the rest of the family gets up. I tried on a lot of shoes....HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO FIT?

I do not need grow room. its all so confusing really!

side note...Ashly and her DH Ryan(guy who helped me get said job) were parking at the hospital and when she got out of the car there was a brand new pair of work crocks with tags laying on the ground...guess who they fit???

yup but not as comfy as mine...LOL!

I also bought food to take for snacks and lunch. I know the lunchroom is set up nice with microwaves and fridges and a vendo so Im set for eating...was told nothing but clear liquids at station....I found clear strawberry water! :blink::blink:

I do have to worry about dehydration. but I forgot protien bars. so I have to go to the drn store anyways. not sure what to carry my food in...I have settled on a plastic bag for tomorrow...

but when I worked at the paper my co worker and I used fancy gift bags for our food.

and I got a great one to use. I love gift bags.

I have all of my laundry done and I did get those clothes sorted through and all the work clothes are in the basket on top of the dressor for easy finding so EARLY in the am...although I will probably lay my things out tonight. can anyone tell Im nervous? but Im also excited!

well I got to check my stove and get around and go to wally world and try on more shoes!

UUUUUUGGGGGGG

have a good day!

nutti :blink:

I have a really hard time finding shoes that are comfortable so I wish you good luck in that area. Even if your new shoes feel comfy when you try them, bring along something that you know you can wear, cause new shoes need a break in period before they can be worn for long periods of time.

Don't be nervous, you'll be great!!

Ohhhh, so excited for you Nutti, and shoes are such pain finding!!! I have small feet, and most of the time I have to look around in the kid's aisles when searching :blink: which at times can be a fun experience, "Oh hi Mz, you like these you too????" ... Do bring a couple of band aids though so that you can put on your heels of you start getting sore!

Can't wait to hear your report after your first day there!

Lots of hugs and postive energy coming your way!

i miss my heels :blink: i can only wear flat shoes that have good grip so that on the odd ocasion that i can hobble around i dont slip as i have enough problems walking without slippy shoes. and trying to find boots and shoes that look good and dont have heels is sooo hard they either r ugly or they have that little nobble of a heel in the middle of the back of the shoe which makes u wobble.

OOhh...you're starting a new job tomorrow? I must have missed something. Congrats!

I second the advice to make sure ya have band-aids in your purse. New shoes can destroy heels in a matter of a few hours. Even if a pair feels great in the store, you never know how they'll work out during a day of wear.

That's why I enjoy finding my favorite Talbots shoes in consignment stores....I can find pairs that look great and are all broken in.

Don't worry about being nervous...it's a great new step you're taking...you'll be just fine.

well I took back the shoes and did not get another pair.

I am going to wear the crocs/airwalks and see how I do with those.

its not all standing so it should be ok.

I got some more socks and shampoo for everyone...yes we all get our own bottles...

I looked at some MP3 players for later....we get to listen to our own music while working...I figure I wont need it for at least a week.

my van is all gassed up my clothes are layed out and Im as ready as Im gonna get.

nutti :blink:

It's sort of like the first day of high school. You sort of know what you're getting into but there will be so many little things to absorb on the job before you feel like one of the gang. And with a greatly reduced stomach, you've got hardly any room for those butterflies to flap around ...

But it will all sort out ... every single one of us survived the first day of school, and you'll come through this just fine. :blink:

Good luck Lynette, just think of all the new friends you'll make. You'll be an asset to the company and they're lucky to have you. We'll miss you but we know you're doing what you have to do. I'll say a prayer for you in the morning.

Money may be an issue, but if your feet aren't comfy and supported you'll be miserable come the end of the day. Unless I'm hiking or out walking or cycing on a super cold day I do not wear closed shoes. I have Birkenstock sandals for most things, a pair of Keens for hiking and a pair of Shimano cycling sandals; and of course the Tevas I wear paddling the kayak. I wear the Birkie footbeds with every pair of closed shoes except the cycling shoes (which are too narrow, sine they're for pedaling, not walking). I don't care for the Crocs.

Nutti, your crocs may be fine. I believe that is what a lot of the nurses around here are starting to wear. You could try some good tennis shoes.

Wishing you lots of luck, making of new friends, and feet that don't hurt.

You're probably exhausted from the first day on the job - nerves, a long day, meeting all those new people, learning all that the job requires - I hope it went well! I think it takes at least a week to feel comfortable in a new job.

Please post as soon as you can, Nutti - we're dying to hear how it went. :wave:

How Bizarrre I posted and its gone.....

The Job is GREAT!!! :wave:

I love it! its clean and friendly and alot to learn!

the crocks worked great! and I saw others wearing them too so its all good!

it was alot of fun!

thanks yall for your continued support! it means so much!

I did alot of walking but not so much that I couldnt walk out of the place and to my car which is much better than I thought I would feel!

now Im taking a tylenol and shower and going to BED!

so nervous I woke up at 3am and dint go back to sleep till 4:30am and than got up at 5:30

I tired!

nutti :yes: :dog:

Oh Nutti I'm so glad the first day went well. So tonight you can sleep, the nervousness should start to abate and you can enjoy your job. Glad the crocs worked well on the feet.