Beacon Hill - how bashable?

shannonc60

Has anyone attempted to make the Beacon Hill deeper? I love the Beacon Hill and wanted one ever since day one. I have an idea for it, but want more rooms, and was thinking, could I make the front deepest section (the one with the bay window out front) deeper and have two rooms instead of one, and then have it open along the side for access to the front room.

Perhaps someone could please tell me how deep that front room is? Thanks!

Kathy, your BH is stunning! Very Victorian. I was thinking about extending the kitchen a little. The reason I want to make the deepest part deeper is because I love dimensional dollhouses, rather than just one room deep ones. And I want (actually need) more bedrooms to use up some of the beds that I seem to have accumulated!

Hi Shannon,

you could build the house with a closed backside, and use what is officially the front with the door and bay-windows

as an opening front-side, than you can make the house as deep as you wish, quite some operation but do-able,

Wilma, I had a similar idea. If I cut off the front wing (with the bay window) and shunted it forward a couple of inches, then used some strips of wood to fill in the gap, and then added a couple of inches on at the back of the same wing, I'd retain the appearance but gain the extra depth. If it was sitting on a solid base, it should be fine without additional structural support.

Yes, that sounds great, you can do it, I had about the same problem with my Emerson Row, but than I decided to add an stairwell-house to it, as I did with my Pierce. Goode look and keep us up- dated will you??