New Garfield for my wife

MrJeeper55

So welcome Wendy, and you did it without the Easy Cutter.... Wow double time!

Glad you too enjoyed Angie's book. I think it is such a good start for anyone wanting to try their hands on fimo. GIves good result as well as the "want" of trying out other things.

Hugs

re flooring- I used square end coffee stirrers (bought a box of 1,000 5 1/2" long squared end coffee stirrers from Cash and carry grocers for about $3), stained them, cut mitred corners with scissors easily and then glued to posterboard template of kitchen floor, sprayed with polyacrylic, laid down and glued quarter round to hold it in place. I used two different color stains to simulate a typical Craftsman floor pattern. i have enough sticks to last the rest of my life.

I think the scale is better than that given by popsicle sticks and you don't have to cut off round ends. The sticks themselves are often not perfect, but you can make the floor look good enough for mother-in-law inspection.

I would look very carefully at the house and paper any spaces that will be almost impossible to get to after assembly (e.g. the kitchen entranceway and the breakfast nook).

I am a repository of wisdom for which errors not to make- for example, DO NOT paint all the trim before punching out ( a brilliant idea to save time and make it easy), because you will be calling Greenleaf (and they are very very nice!) for replacement sheets as the pieces will swell and you will not be able to remove them from the sheets without shredding and destroying them.

people at this site have been very helpful on fixing errors and I thank them!

I am a repository of wisdom for which errors not to make

Boy, and don't we learn a lot that way?! As someone once said, "Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them", so y'all listen up when we tell you what not to do (like using wallpaperpaste buckets to weigh down miniatures smaller than the bucket)