12/28/05 Resolutions

Minis On The Edge

Are you making New Years Resolutions  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you making New Years Resolutions

• Yes
    • No

I intend to make some more "me" time next year, that is to allow myself some time to relax and not feel guilty about mini-ing, I don't have to work 24/7 do I? I mean teaching is only a job and not a calling is it :D so yes, my resolution would be allowing myself to indulge in minis ;)

Hugs

:D Have never been much of a new year's resolution person--mainly because they never get done. But I'm definitely on a goal list this year, which is to:

Plant flowers in pots on the deck, that is something I never get around to, and like to do.....

Redo the living room, and the den.

Get rid of those items that aren't used and take up space.

take time to get outside and enjoy nature....that's something that I rarely have time for.... :D

And definitely mini!!! ;)

My New Year's resolutions are the same every year, and I've been able to keep them all so far:

Stay on the diet the doctor put us on for our cholesterol & weight.

Do at least an hour's strenuous physical activity (riding, walking, hiking, boating) at least three times a week or oftener.

Learn how to do at least one new thing, preferably more; this past year I learned how to use a scrollsaw, year before last was paddling a kayak.

Try to make at least one new friend (piece of cake on this forum! :D ).

Of course the dreaded "lose those extra ____ pounds" and exercise more!

Get some cabinets and drawers cleaned out! Generally get more organized!

Practice, practice, practice my piano!

Mine is the weight too, and clearing some things out! I have entirely too much stuff and need to get rid of it--not my mini stuff. Jimmy likes to bring me stuff home, whether I need it or not. One of his favorite things to bring home is almost dead plants because he likes to watch me bring them back to life ...

I envy you Teresa! I always wanted to learn how to play the piano!

:D yeah, mine is to lose some weight also.

and i have a goal, ( June), because in June i will be getting a new daughter in law, i just found out tonight that my youngest son, Kelly ( 33) is getting married.

she is the sweetest girl, but anyway to get back to the weight , i have to lose some pounds to get a new dress for the wedding. ;)

;) Josie, you and I have the same problem with exercise. I get so bored when I exercise, because I usually have time to think of all I could get accomplished in the time it takes to stretch, walk, get on the bicycle, or the treadmill. :D So hence, since I get bored so quickly exercising, I usually end up getting those things done instead........when I really should exercise. That is one of the hardest things to condition myself to....to take time out and just take a walk, etc. I guess my problem is I love to multitask, and exercising seems to be something you can do by itself, or watching the t.v., which isn't too appealing to me. :D

The dreaded exercise... Actually I like riding the bikes with my husbands, we can hardly wait in the spring time to get out the bikes and are having a hard time when we put them back in the garage over the winter (but that is when the mountainbikes get to come out for the snow rides LOL) but as for excersise a very good thing is to start up with regular walks everyday, give it half an hour everyday and you will see a drastic result as for the wight.

Oh my, sorry about the teacher's finger here, will go and sit in the play corner instead with my paint and brushes and be silent...

Hugs

Congratulations Brenda! How exciting!! You're bringing in the New Year with a bang!! ;)

My goal is June/July because we may be going back to England in August! I'm so excited!! I think I can . . . I think I can . . .

Linda, it's something I've always wanted to do. My DH bought me a piano last year, so I have to be sure to make good use of it!! It looks pretty in my living room . . . sometimes I just like to look at it! :D

I like riding the bikes with my husbands

I always knew Sweden was more progressive! Having more than one husband in the US is still frowned upon :D:D ;)

Actually my husband doesn't like to bike/ hike/ paddle/ walk/ run by himself, and I really enjoy getting outside in the fresh air & sunshine, so exercise is easy for us.

We both have family histories of cardiovascular problems, so it's doubly important that we make time for it.

Now I'll take my retired school nurse finger & go join Anna in the corner & play minis the rest of the day (after DH & my 2-mile walk).

I always make the usual loose wight in the new year resolution but not this yr

this yr I am having a gastric bypas(no horror stories plz)

I have thought about it alot over the last 2 yrs. and I am ready.

since being diagnosed with sleep apnea and a metabolic disorder. and being treated for both I feel better all the time. I also have lost weight but not enough to allow me to excersize and get back the part of my life I have been missing for the last few years.

I do resolve to build at least one house for charitable donation this yr.

so far all I have built have gone to loved ones or friends.

I also plan to learn more mini making techniques. maybe even try some power tools which scare the bajeebies outa me.

Happy New Year!!

nutti :D

I've never made a New Years resolution in my life (well, except for the year someone insisted that I had to, so I resolved not to hunt any polar bears that year), but this year I've actually got one or two. I made them while Bruce was in the hospital and we realized we'd have to make some major life changes for his health.

One is to change the diet to "heart healthy" and the other is to quit smoking. I've been smoking for 30 years so this is not easy, but I know Bruce can't quit if I don't and I'd rather have my husband than a cigarette. So I'm patched and down from a pack a day to only 4 or 5. The diet part is easy to do. The smoking is a lot harder. After all these years, it's not a habit, it's a part of my personality. But we'll get there!

Hey Debbie! If we mini more, maybe it'll keep our hands busy and distract us. And I'll remind you of how much more money there will be for minis if you keep reminding me. :D

Deb

and i have a goal, ( June), because in June i will be getting a new daughter in law, i just found out tonight that my youngest son, Kelly ( 33)  is getting married.

Yay!! Congratulations on getting a new daughter! That's wonderful news to start your new year!

Deb

;) yes Deb it is good news, my son is not getting any younger,LOL, and he needs a life, he has been dating Sarah for about 5 yrs, so they should know what they are doing.

although, i'm not going to try to kid any Mother on this board, i have mixed emotions, i'm loseing my baby. :D

but so happy for him.

I always knew Sweden was more progressive!  Having more than one husband in the US is still frowned upon  :(  :D  :D

Actually my husband doesn't like to bike/ hike/ paddle/ walk/ run by himself, and I really enjoy getting outside in the fresh air & sunshine, so exercise is easy for us.

We both have family histories of cardiovascular problems, so it's doubly important that we make time for it.

Now I'll take my retired school nurse finger & go join Anna in the corner & play minis the rest of the day (after DH & my 2-mile walk).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooops, husbands minus the "s" then but at times I wonder, that man has energy for two LOL, might be the viking blood in him I suppose LOL

Hugs

As the New Year approaches, may I suggest two resolutions for those of you who haven't made any?

If you're female, please resolve to do your monthly breast self-exams, and either your doctor or your local health department will have pamphlets showing you how to do this.

If you're male, please resolve to do monthly testicular exams.

This is most especially important the older you get.

Can't remember when you last had a good physical exam by a doctor? Then it's probably time to get one :(

Resolve to take care of yourself, good health is not a guarantee.

• 2 months later...

So far this year we have been gone on bike rides & paddling trips almost as many days as we've been home, which really works a hardship on my mini-ing time :angry: , but yesterday was so much fun I want to share. We couldn't have done it without the unseasonably warm weather we're having.

Some of the folks in our canoe & kayak club wanted to do a weekend paddle & campout. DH & I aren't quite ready for the campout part (it still gets below 40s overnight), but we convoyed over 90 miles from Tallahassee to Indian pass west of Apalachicola and paddled out to St Vincent Island. We beached the boats and either changed shoes or put on hiking socks with our water sandals and hiked around the hunt club through some swamp (where a very young 'gator watched us pass) to the bay side of the island, along a rough stretch of coast (over tree stumps and rocks) to a spit of beach between sandbars, where we stopped for lunch. A few hundred feet further on we came to the two-mile road (roads cross the island at 0ne-mile intervals, it's a Federal wildlife preserve) and crossed over to the Gulf-side beach, where the shelling was terrific. I made the mistake of removing my socks but putting my sandals back on, and the sand that got under some of the strapsneatly removed skin from parts of my feet, but the shelling was fabulous! and the salt wter helped keep the abraded/ excoriated place squeaky clean. We walked along the beach back to where we'd left the boats and paddled back to where we left the cars/ trucks. The campers headed on to Cape San Blas and we who weren't headed home, sore but happy.

Jeanie, we'll be in Valdosta Saturday to ride the Azalea Festival Century (probably do 20-3- miles of it, depending on how bad the wind is).