Hi from Cranbrook Ontario

John

Thank you everyone for all the great comments and warm reseption .

I am already learning a few things and i am getting lots of ideas :yes:

Thanks again everyone

Your birdCastles are truly works of art! I have been staring at them in awe! I would be very proud to have one sitting on my property! All of your pictures are really pretty (backgrounds). Welcome and stay warm up there!! :wave:

John...those are some pretty awesome birdhouses !!

You must have a bodacious back-yard.

I expect you'll be using your creative skills to create unique dollhouses for that grand-daughter.

Bill

Hello and welcome. I am in complete agreement with everyone else--those are some awesome bird houses. I was feeling cold today but our low temperature so far has only been 38 so I guess I have no right to complain. BTW, I know about those old farm houses, so I hope you have a nice big fireplace and lots of wood.

Thank you Bill and Peggi for the warm welcome .

I am really looking forward to building a few doll houses , it,s a nice change from birdhouses.

Today was much nicer then it was a few days ago .I took this picture just after Christmas.

294898479.jpg

The second picture is my front yard in the summer. I live on a 100 acre farm so the backyard is much bigger.

301721721.jpg

Thanks again everyone

Havanaholly : I built the sitting area out of 70 year old barn wood. I almost lost it a few days ago , we had a really bad wind storm and a large tree right behind it snapped and fell right on it. Somehow it didn,t do any damage at all .I sure got lucky this time. :whistle:

I am going to cut the remaining piece down a little more then put a 4 ft birdhouse on it.

301804137.jpg

If your old barnwood is anything like the old lighterpine they used to build the old tobacco barns around us, neither wind nor falling tree will hurst it!

Much as I love the Greenleaf kits, my rather prolific imagination is nearly bursting with anticipation for the palatial dollhouse I can "see" you "scratch"-building for your little granddaughter!

Hi John, what beautiful pictures. Your birdhouses are amazing! Being in Ontario as well, I know how bad that wind storm was the other day. We were fortunate not to have any trees destroyed. It's times like that I'm glad to be a city girl.

I can't wait to hear which dollhouse you intend on starting with. That's one lucky granddaughter you have.

Most of the barnwood that i use is hemlock , it looks a bit like cedar and last a very long time .

Hi Wendy and thank you . I love looking at all the kits , they are all beautiful but i will probably design my own dollhouse the first time around. The second one i do will be from one of these kits and it will probably be one of the hardest kits that i can find. :whistle:

Hi John, I'm new too, and a fellow Canuck! Since you have a little experience in minitures, I was wondering if you know of Canadian websites etc. to get supplies from? Is Cranbrook close to Ottawa? I'll be in Ottawa for a few nights later this month, and I'd love to get a little house shopping done........