Still working on The Garfield

MrJeeper55

Hey, those are great ideas... I checked out the miniatures site plus a few others from the links. There is a TON of stuff....For now I just ordered a wallpapering book and an electrical wiring book.

I've nearly completed the foundation, only a few more pieces to glue up to finish it. I'm planning to paint it grey, like concrete, before moving on to the first floor. I didn't want to get too involved with applying a brick finish to the foundation anyway...so the grey will be fine.

I've also started assembling the staircases. The sanding business is giving me a bit of trouble. The wood that the pieces are pressed out of splinters off a bit when punched out, especially the really small detailed pieces, link the stair ballisters... I've been using wood filler to fill in the splintered pieces with a stainable filler since I'll be staining the staircases...

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate them...

Thanks... MrJeeper55 :D

The wood that the pieces are pressed out of splinters off a bit when punched out, especially the really small detailed pieces

I feel your pain!!! If you read my Westville blog, I had the devil's own time fighting the shattered trim demon :p Usually the sanding sealer helps hold the wood together, but not on that particular kit.

Let us know how the stainable wood filler works, I wasn't particularly thrilled with it & I keep an individual portion of yogurt tub full of clean sawdust from the lathe that I measure out by the tea- or tablespoonful and mix with just enough wood glue & stain to make matching wood

filler.

If you decide to brick your foundation I have a much larger recycled yogurt container with enough variegated colors of sandpaper "bricks" to do your Garfield's foundation ;) :D:D