Arthur siding question

robedsaul

I've begun my first dollhouse ever, the Arthur, which I receive as a Christmas present, so I'm sure this will be the first of many questions!

I didn't receive siding for the house, but it does say in the directions that siding can be put on it. So I purchased 3/4" wood veneer in a roll at the hardware store for this purpose. This siding is made so that it could be ironed on flat. I know I don't need to apply it like that -- wood glue, right? Now...do I put it on first, then the window and door trim, or vice-versa? Do I paint it first and then put it on, or vice-versa? I'm clueless, and want to do it the best way to save myself aggrevation later. I've looked over the directions and they don't seem to provide any guidance in this area, I guess because the siding material wasn't included in the first place.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

Heather

I used shingles on the Arthur's second floor, my first foray into siding was the Westville. I put on the siding, then I painted it, then I applied the trim. Apparently the kit is made to put the trim on first and then butt the siding up to it, but I'm not that tidy :D ; I had to trim some of the trim to compensate for the bulk where my measurements failed.

You may have better luck painting your veneer first, but the siding strips I used on the Westville were cut from the same very thin (balsa?) as the shingles and curled like gangbusters until dry, I used over half a roll of masking tape trying to control the curl from the wood glue, and then go back & do it again from the paint. There are faster setting glues that people use; I use what I've got.