Danbury, CT Spring Fair

Dawn and I are going!!! Yippee!!

I wanted to go so badly but with my equilibrium issues, I knew that I couldnt possibly drive there myself. Dawn is going to be getting a major goodie from me for offering to take me!

Show Information

Is anyone in the Northeast planning on going?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They added more vendors with websites!

This is going to be fun. I need to make a list of what I want to get so I do not go absolutely overboard. I want to go overboard but only on certain pieces. I have to sit and stare at the MHM to decide what she NEEDS.

More oriental and maybe some art deco..

Has anyone else decided if they are going or not?

I checked the ones they had up the other day. I still have to google directions and plan time. I think if we want to be in those first 10 we would have to sleep overnight in the parking lot. LOL.

Yikes! Or leave really really really early and camp out in front.

• 2 weeks later...

Trader Joe's is a great place. I did not know there were any located on the east coast. I know them from the west coast. They carry a lot of specialty food stuffs from all over the world but reasonably priced. It is worth a stop!!!!!

Just got directions, should take us about 1hr 45 min to get there. What time do you want to leave? Should we be really early and camp in parking lot?

Dawn, I am an early bird by nature so you pick the time and I will be waiting in the wings. I do not know if Fred has to work that day so we will have to figure out if he will drop me off at your place or you can pick me up.

If you do not mind it, Trader Joes is only a mile from the show..I want to see what all the fuss is about. We also have to find out about food. I know the Danbury Fair Mall is close by but I do not know anything about restaurants in the area.

Goody!

I typed in food in the area.. We have:

Barbarie`s (steak place)

Bertucci`s (pizza)

Sesame Seed

Rosy Tomorrows

Olive Garden

Ondine (if we want to go extra dh fancy and eat a french sunday brunch..LOL)

There are a whole bunch more..

yes, gotta eat. Will be needing to carb up after all the excitement from the day!

Anyone else planning to go? We could meet up someplace to have a IRL.

Hi, my name is Melissa and I just joined this miniature community yesterday. I saw your post regarding the miniature show at the Ethan Allen Inn. I live about 1/2 hour from Danbury, and am familiar with restaurants, etc. in the area. The Olive Garden and The Red Lobster are next to each other and are about a mile away from the mini show. The Danbury Fair Mall is basically across the street from the Olive Garden and and offers the usual mall (food court) food and includes Ruby Tuesday. On the same street as the Ethan Allen Inn, is Rosie Tomorrow's, Duchess, and a couple of pizza places. By the way, Trader Joe's is just past Rosie Tomorrow's in a shopping center with Staples. It is one of my favorite stores. It has lots of unique foods, snacks, and very fine desserts. Some of the Trader Joe's locations (like Boston) have a large selection of wine. However, this location does not. I hope is info is helpful. There aren't many "mini" shows in Connecticut, so I do look forward to this show. It is not big, but offers lots of stuff and is nicely done.

Thank you so much Melissa for the information!

This will be my first show and I cannot wait.

Gotta remember to print out the ad so that we can get money off the entry into the show.

Yes, Dawn, I will be going to the Danbury, CT mini show and I'd love to meet you too! I have been there two or three times before and enjoyed it. Once it was not crowded, and another time it was, making it difficult to get close enough to the tables to see what each vendor had displayed. Looking forward to meeting you.

Melissa

Sounds like a plan!

We will need to tell you what we will be wearing or something so we can spot each other.

The show starts at 10am but Dawn wants us to be there before the rooster wakes...LOL Want to be one of the first 10 in line to get a prize!

Got to remember to bring a sturdy bag to carry all my goodies.

This is going to be soooo much fun...have I said that already? Dawn is great ya`ll. She and I talk talk talk talk talk..there is never a quiet moment.

I am already thinking about the Sturbridge MA show in May-June..LOL