12/30/05 New Years

Minis On The Edge

New Year's Eve: HOME. If it stops raining, we can walk to Chinatown or something like that.

New Year's Day: My parents' house, as we haven't "done" Xmas with them yet. But we're not doing the big ham/turkey production number. I'm hoping my mother votes for getting takeout.

Hiking, if the weather's pretty, staying home with the minis if it's not, trying to finish pub things so I can clean the shop & start the McKinley :(

There's a statewide health initiative called Step Up Florida we're sort of getting involved in, http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Family/chronicd...walk_index.html .

We almost always stay at home NEw Year's Eve & try to stay up until midnight to toast each other & the New Year with a little wine.

we have always stayed home with the kids and did things like puzzles and board games till a few minutes before midnight we all head outside and Hubby does fountains and a big roll of Black cats.

this yr we have 1 kid home so I have let her invite 6 of her friends for the same.

oh and we set up the blacklights and fog machine and strobe light in the room where the music is. we usually stay up all night but I dont know if we will this yr

New Years day is spent in Jammies nursing hangovers or just resting and watching movies.

and BTW

!!!HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

nutti :(

My husband and I will watch the festivities on TV and toast the new year in with a glass of champagne. Not very exciting either but then I get to relax with the rug I'm cross stitching and I always look forward to that.

Happy New Year to you all.

Wendy

H and I are staying in tonight, just enjoying the quiet of our own home with a fancy meal (which I am supposedly about to start with or it might be a very late dinner LOL) and some light candles etc enjoying some time to just relax and talk.

I have been doing some progress with the Aster chimney today so I am hoping to sneak in some spakling time on that when the glue is dry but I think I ought to set the table and start with the cooking as well.

Hmm, I must remember to scrub my hands very well before getting back to the cooking LOL or we might find out how spakle affects the taste of it :(

Hugs for now

Since it's raining here today I'll be staying close to home - which is what I wanted to do anyway :D We'll probably get together with my sister and her family tonight to play some board games and have some fun and then tomorrow morning I'll wake up nice and groggy and watch the Rose Parade. ... I wonder if it's gonna rain in Pasadena tomorrow.

:( - David

we might find out how spakle affects the taste of it

It depends on the delicacy of the seasonings you use, lots of fresh potherbs & garlic & lemon will "cover" the flavor of spackle nicely (guess how I know?) :D:(

It depends on the delicacy of the seasonings you use, lots of fresh potherbs & garlic & lemon will "cover" the flavor of spackle nicely (guess how I know?)  :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, could it be hidden in your nickname perhaps???? :( And so far so good, atleast I haven't noticed any white flakes in the sherryzabaione yet...

Hugs

I live in Havana, FL, not Cuba, the most exotic we get is collards & cornbread :(

Just so you aren't in mid-spackle when you suddenly remember by the smell that you already started supper, you oughta be OK; I don't make a practice of putting wall putty in my food :D

New Year's Eve~Well hubby just took the two grands to cheyenne to give me a little break (they live with us full time ages 3 and 5)...I will run to the grocery store, this evening we are going across the street for prime rib then home early.

Where we live we can see the fireworks from several little towns that will be going off at midnight. If I can stay awake that long that is what I will do..............

Have a SAFE, FUN New Year's Eve Everyone!

It depends on the delicacy of the seasonings you use, lots of fresh potherbs & garlic & lemon will "cover" the flavor of spackle nicely (guess how I know?)  B)  ;)

<cackle> So what is the sodium content in spackling anyway? :D

I spent the evening at work. It's always interesting to see what drunk people will to to their computers. Tomorrow I'll be sleeping in and then friends are coming over to just hang out. So I'm off to bake some banana bread tonight and then try to get a little bit done on the Lily. (and I think I'll do it in that order because no one will believe that bits of spackling are fancy walnuts)

Happy New Year's everyone!

Deb

I hope everyone have had a great New Year Eve we enjoyed the meal (no noticeable flakes of spackle there, could have used the rock salt as an excuse but didn't have to ;) ) and the fact that we had the whole evening for ourselves, have been a lot of family gatherings as it usually is this time a year so it was reall y nice to just sit back and relax at home. At migdnight we went outsiide to watch the fireworks and the sky was light up by so many pretty ones and after a nice cup of tea we hit the pillows so today we are up and about to do some crafting, DH is working on that DVD player something happened to and I am about to check the fireplace if it needs touching up some palce or if it is ready to have the first coat of paint then it is the kitchen calling for a while to get it back in order again. But after that I am gong to use the day to mini!!!!

Hugs

I am gong to use the day to mini!!

Looking at what a gray, foggy day it is outside, I'd like to do that, too; but if it clears after brunch I think we'll go find somewhere pretty to stomp around in & then come home to traditional ham, greens & black-eyed peas.