Printies how to save, copy, edit, and print

Rhonda

I orginally posted this in another thread but thought I would repeat it out here.

Step one

First make a new folder on your desk top named Printies, I have folders inside that one that are for different categories. ( right click any blank spot on your desktop and choose the make new folder option from that menu)

Step 2

Then go to the website where you are getting your prinites and right click on the printie, from the window that pops up choose 'save picture as" save to the appropriate folder that you made on your desktop. check then name of the picture before you save it you may want to rename it as some of them are just numbers, so rename it post cereal box or something like that.

this is how I proceed from there, others may have their own method.

Step 3

I open the picture with paint, (right click the picure and select open with paint) from file I do a print preview if it looks too big on there I then resize the picture but rarely do you have to do that most are the size you need. if you are not sure print one out they use like .000009 ink for the tiny things lol

ok if you want to make a whole page of printies of different types or even of the same type it gets a little harder.

Step 4

Open a new project with paint

under file find page set up

I do letter size borderless

set the margins to 0

check the box under scaling called fit to and make sure it is 1 to 1

uncheck the horizonal and vertical boxes

use which ever Orientation you want I tend to use vertical the most.

then go back to file and save as (whatever name you want)

Step 5

ok now open your printy from your Printy folder on your desktop, right click the picture you want and select the open with paint optiononce you have it open from edit tab choose "select all"

then "copy" from edit tab

Step 6

open up your first paint window that you made in step 4 from edit choose "paste"

rinse and repeat to fill up your page. as each new one is pasted in it will be in the upper right just drag it to where you want it on your page.

To use all different pictures on the same page just keep repeating step 5 until the page is filled up.

Sometimes there is writing or what have you around the printy you want to copy over, that you dont want to print, in that case select the little square thing next to the star in your tool bar on the left of your screen. drag that around the parts of the picture you want to print out, from edit instead of copy choose cut. Then proceed to step 6. When you close the window make sure you do not save changes to the one you cut or you will have a hole cut out of the middle of your picture

check your print preview from time to time to make sure your alignments are looking ok

Print and enjoy

I use glossy paper for magazine fronts, picture etc anything I want a glossy look to.

card stock for boxes

reg paper for wallpaper, labels, bags and borders

I hope this is clear enough if not let me know

its easier to save a bunch then begin printing rather than going back and forth

Printies are addicting! I have so many I sometimes cannot choose which one I want to use lol!

For those of you who have Paint Shop Pro, it is even easier. Once you've downloaded your printies, open everything you want to print. Go to File/Print multiple images. A window will open, and all of the printies you had opened in PSP will be in a column on the left. just double click on the first one, and it will appear on the "paper" on the right, in the upper left hand corner. Double click on each printie in turn, and move them to where you want them. You can rearrange them to your heart's content when they are on the "paper". You can also set your printer up for better print quality from the file menu on the same page.

Other programs have an option to print a contact sheet. That's even easier. With those programs, some use the entire content of a folder if you want, and they arrange everything on the sheet for you. With others, you open everything you want to print on one sheet, and then choose the contact sheet option.