Newbie here - working on Glencroft

Blesdmomx4

:D Happy New Year's EVE! Wow, I just realized it's New Year's Eve lol I've been so involved with the house ....

My very first house, it's the Glencroft. I'm stuck on section B step 5. Now reading old posts about this house, I've noticed some of you did your own thing and improptu with the directions. <bowing to the dollhouse gods> I hope to be there someday ... :(

But, I'm new, and I'm following the directions to a "T" ... so I'm confused about this one.

5. R&B Beam Sections 2A and 2B (16). Match together so slots and notches are evenly aligned (6), ***"Ok, I don't understand WHY it's referring to board 6? Is this a typo?"*** with smaller of the two lying face up on a flat surface. Glue the larger on top. ***"Ok this I get, no prob."*** With 2B on the outside fit end notch of Beam into second slot on Wal Section E, fitting into slots in Staircase Railing 3 & 4. ***"I'm confused on what direction to 'fit' it? There's a couple of different ways to 'fit' the beam?"*** Only glue to Staircase Railing 3 & 4 and Wall Section E.

Ok, that's all....any input would be GREATLY appreciated :D

Cheers!

Danielle

Ah, THAT beam! Bless Tracy, she took one look at my blog photo & informed me I had glued it in wrong, so I got to dissolve wood glue & pry it off & do it OVER again with a lot of mumbling & *magic* words (which can all be spelled with four letters or less :D:( )

I seem to recall I did a lot of 'creative carpentery", but the rascal went together, thank God for spackling compund & trim! it even looks OK. I definitely learned some things for if I ever build another one. This one is becoming a neighborhood pub, as it requested.