Help with 1st floor staircase (BH)

BrookeinBe

Ummmmm . . . not quite sure what you're having trouble with Brooke? Is it just that it won't fit into place? Maybe try a little bit of wax on the edges and see if that will help it slide into place.

If that's not what the trouble is . . . maybe more details would help! ;)

It just seems that the staircase is too big to fit. I tip the top back, but I can't get it to slide into place. It hits the ceiling and I'm afraid I'm going to break the 2nd floor, or the staircase if I force it. I'll try to take a picture of what I'm trying to do! LOL

Brooke

Brooke, I know the frustration you're feeling. That was the worst part of building that house for me. I had a really hard time fitting it in as well and thought it was going to break but if you wiggle and twist it will go in properly and I hate to say it but try to be patient and gentle with it. Actually I felt like pitching it, so all I can say is work on something else for a bit and then go back to it. Trust me, it will go in.

Wendy

does it have tabs on it to go into the floor or ceiling?

in the westville I had cut mine off so I could get it to fit right.

and wiggling is always good!

oh and make sure your tounge is held just right!

nutti ;)

Horray for Brooke! ;)

I mark off each step on the instruction sheet as I go along. It sure helps, especially if you walk away for awhile and come back and don't know where you left off. This way, it's easy to come back to and you don't miss steps!

Just my two-cents worth!! :D

I mark off each step on the instruction sheet as I go along

I had to start doing that with the Westville because there were many parts I wanted to do in a different order, so this way I didn't get "lost" :):huh:

Horray for Brooke!  :)

I mark off each step on the instruction sheet as I go along.  It sure helps, especially if you walk away for awhile and come back and don't know where you left off.  This way, it's easy to come back to and you don't miss steps!

Just my two-cents worth!!  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually make a copy of the instructions sheet (yes I know, why not of the Aster???) and make notes on it, ie in my case sometimes needs to make specific translations since at times the English can be a teeny bit confusing, that way I can highlight the pieces I am about to take ou t of the sheets as well as cross over/higlight the isntructions.

And yes, I am a list-a-holic as well...

Hugs

I mark off each step on the instruction sheet as I go along.  It sure helps, especially if you walk away for awhile and come back and don't know where you left off.  This way, it's easy to come back to and you don't miss steps!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey- I like that suggestion- I'll do that when building my BH (as soon as the slow thing arrives!) since I have so many projects going at once and I'll be stepping away often. And I will also try :) try, try to build it in the proper order...good luck Brooke, I can't wait to join you. :huh:

I usually make a copy of the instructions sheet (yes I know, why not of the Aster???) and make notes on it, ie in my case sometimes needs to make specific translations since at times the English can be a teeny bit confusing, that way I can highlight the pieces I am about to take ou t of the sheets as well as cross over/higlight the isntructions.

And yes, I am a list-a-holic as well...

Hugs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anna, You are not alone I too make several notes on my instructions and highlight the parts that I find confuseing.

Lyn