Another Newbie!

Tako

I've been interested in dolls and doll houses my whole life. I had a wonderful hand-me-down barbie house when I was younger, that was made out of an old cabinet, and loved making new furniture and bedding for it on rainy afternoons. I was hard pressed to part with it, even at the age of 13. Now I'm 20, in college studying graphic design, and haven't ever lost that love for tiny houses and the dolls that inhabit them.

I've just recently been plunged back into active interest in the hobby, however, by my discovery of the world of Asian ball jointed dolls. Particularly a certain company's "tinies". The little darlings are only 4 and half inches tall and just the perfect size for looking ever-so-slightly undersized for 1:12 scale doll houses, which is perfect for the impish, fairy-like characters they seem to look like. However, they have quite a high price tag because they are hand made, resin cast dolls. So, while I decide whether or not I'm actually laying down that much for such a cute little doll (she can be found here), I've decided that slowly adding to a doll house the right size for her, would be just the distraction I need.

I'm currently planning my first doll house, and plan to use a Buttercup kit to make the perfect little fairytale cottage for my tiny girl. I'm hoping all my accumulated art and crafting skills come in as handy as I think they will!

Hi there Jessika,

Welcome and I had to tell you,I love your Carroll quote,it really put me in the mood to start working today. The buttercup kit is so cute, keep us posted on your project with lots of pictures!

Welcome, Jessika. We have quite a few fans of the BJDs, I think Arda has several. Tilly, another BJA, is also getting a Buttercup, I believe. I've built that kit (a time or so) and it's very bashable, should you want to add to or otherwise modify it later on.

Thanks again everyone! I'm very happy to be getting back into this. I can't wait until my kit gets here!

It's a Valentine's gift, and my fiance still hasn't gotten a shipping email, so he's all bummed that it probably won't get here by Thursday! I'm just happy enough to know it's ordered though!

Also, apparently my link to the potential occupant fell apart and I just now realized it thanks to nuttiwebgal

Here is the page for the little darling!

Thanks again, everybody!

And yes, the dolls are expensive, but there's so much work that goes into them, that they are well worth it. Plus...they pose amazingly well, I can link to photos if anyone is interested!