Hello Everyone

captain tiny

HI - I am just begining my first house ever and this seemed to be a great resource for tips and tricks, so I thought I would register and not just take advantage of everyone elses posts. I had always wanted a really nice dollhouse as a child, so my dad got me the pierce kit for christmas. THANK GOD FOR ROTARY TOOLS. I dont think any of the peices of the foudation, except for one or two, fit together without having to be altered. Thats as far as I have gotten, needless to say. Anyways, thats my rant - lol. It is nice to be here, and I look forward to taking advantage of everyone elses first time mistakes so that I don't make them myself.

taking advantage of everyone elses first time mistakes so that I don't make them myself.
Welcome, we look forward to your sharing your own first-time mistakes. First off, there's no such thing as dumb or stupid questions (unless you have them & don't ask them). Secondly, mistakes are opportunities to learn new ways of doing things and ought to be embraced and enjoyed (once you get over the self-embarassment); plus they inure you to the agony & discomfort of second-, third-, etc. time mistakes! There is no law that says you have to show pictures of anything that is not your absolutely perfect, outstanding best work; but it's certainly OK to share your mistakes so others can avoid them, too.

We're glad you're here to share in the general fun. The Pierce is a gorgeous house.

Welcome to the Greenleaf forum!!

You've come to the right place for help and inspiration building your Pierce. Browse thru member's galleries, you'll see lots of beautiful work.

You'll have lots of questions.. just keep posting and asking for guidance. The folks here are awesome, and will help you any way they can.

After 5 posts.. you can start a gallery and upload pics of your progress!!

and also... Tip # 1.. Forget the hot glue gun!!!! Most all of us here use wood glue.. Like Elmers. Carpenter wood glue.

Welcome to our mini world!!

Michelle