I finally got an Easy Cutter!

LittleFox

I know.. I know... you experts are thinking... what took her so long!? But I had so many other "tools" that would do the same thing I kept putting it off... even when I knew that I was making it hard on myself. And I got to use my 60% off Coupon at AC Moore. I am so thrilled! :flowers:

• Like 1

I was like you and didn't get one till I've been doing minis for quite awhile. After I got it, I asked myself the same thing. LOL You'll find it super handy for all kinds of things.

Deb

yep i am thinking it will be my next purchase well in with my next purchase from miniatures since I will be starting all the trim on the san fran soon, I am not looking forward to cutting it all with a saw or and exacto knife.

Oh yes I too have the mitre cutting thingy, not an Easy Cutter though another brand and I am soooo lost without it LOL. WIll have to resharpen it soon I think, atleast try and if that fails I will just "have" to replace it with the "real deal" LOL

Hugs

Its actually the only real tool I have for constructing my houses. :o So dont feel bad Cindy, I got mines pretty recent as well.

The only reason I got it was to be able to cut skewers and skinny sticks. It works great for thick trim as well but I hardly ever have to cut that. This tool would have been a blessing though for Duracraft houses since they brought those long uncut thick trim pieces. I remember I had to buy a saw to build the Cainbridge. What a pain.

I know a lot of people use this tool for shingles and thats really what motivated me to buy it but I ended up never using it for that. I still use the good ole scissors on them since I dont cut them one by one.

Anyways congrats on your purchase! Every tool bought will make the work easier.

I didn't know this tool existed! I haven't started my trim yet, and will have to somehow squeeze this out of the budget before I start. Thanks for posting this info - yet another invaluable tip for beginners like me.