Do it yourself projects

Lyn

Well, I build it from a kit made by an spanish manufacturer, but I changed a lot of things; for instance: the wiring. I have only two comercial lamps (with bulbs), the rest are made out of scratch, using LEDs as the light source. For the floor paviment and the wall papers, some are bought and some others are printed in glossy paper from an downloaded image. The wall and ceiling sockets (all the lamps are pluged), are made out of the type of conectors often used in electronics, that are 1/10" spaced, and I surounded each conector of two pins, by a metal washer M5 size (sorry, we are metric). The results are very similar to real life; the sockets that are sold for dollhouses are too big and they don't seem real. To enbed the wiring in the walls and ceilings, I made two thin slots with a saw for each point of light and fit the conductors inside. Finally, all the conections are accessed on the back, where I placed the self-made electronic circuit I use for RC tele-command the switching of the lights and to program the automatic switching on and off of the lights so the house seems to be inhabited.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm finishing up my first floor of my first dollhouse. I used the vinyl flooring from lowes and cut to size and glued in place. However some of the planks seem to not be even and dont create a smooth finish. Is there anything I can do to make things more even? I know its a rather small detail but I'd like the furniture to not get caught up on the floor. 

If pressure alone doesn't do the trick, I'd place a piece of heavy paper (like a brown paper shopping bag) on it and iron with a not-too-hot iron. That may  soften the vinyl enough that the raised bits can be pressed down and will stay down when cooled.

I'm assuming the raised bits are edges. If they are in the middle of planks, is it possible a build-up of glue is causing the irregularity?