Do it yourself projects

Lyn

Sable,I never say I'm 'drooling' over anything mini-just sounds gross to me-but,girl,I just had to wipe my mouth!haha This is so wonderful! I've seen these tiles before...Hobby Lobby? You are doing a fantastic version of that fantastic fireplace! Bravo!

Oh my! That was a wonderful compliment, Kat. I got the tiles from AC Moore. Not sure if they are national, but you can also find the mini mosaic tiles online. They were not the correct color so I found metallic blue and dark navy paint and painted each one with a small flat brush. Thanks again for compliment! I love you guys.

This project will be going into a Walmer Old Town. It's too difficult to take pics of it in the house so its sitting on my work hutch, The curved frames for the seats were made by wetting balsa and slowly bending it against the grain around a spray paint can.

• Like 1

I hadn't seen those! What a terrific idea! You could build a tub surround from scrapwood or foamcore and tile it with paint sample chips, or use E6000 to glue ornamental metal beads to the bottoms for feet. I can't wait to see what you decide and how it turns out!

I installed the wall unit into the living room. I need to paint the door the same color as the woodwork. The wallpaper is a "something I'd never do, but did it anyway"; I bought an entire scrapbook for just two pieces of paper! I need to go back to Micheals and see if I can use a coupon post purchase. If not I spent $20 for two pieces of paper! But it was love at first site! However, now the paper no longer goes with the lounge's fabric which took a month to find (suggestions welcomed). So the seats are cushion-less for the time being.

• Like 2

Ooo, I love the inglenook in place, and I love it with that paper! If it were me, instead of painting the door white I'd stain the floor to match the door. What other fabrics will you use to upholster the other furniture in the room? I would use a solid color for the inglenook cushions. Shades of blue, green and golden yellow would work nicely with that paper.

Do any of the other scrapbook papers have designs that would work as mini wallpaper? Perhaps you cold do a swap with other members here.

havavaholly, thanks for the fabric suggestions. The floor is an intentional departure from my normal dark walnut floors. In Europe blonde oak flooring seems to be the norm. I purchased these wide planked oak floors in England and kind of want to keep them in their traditional form. The inspiration piece also has the blonde oak floors. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Recently found these Flush Oblong Pulls (I think used for handle on sliding doors) at Habitat for Humanity Store. Has anyone used them for the start of a bathtub? The brass one might fit in a half scale Fairfield.

One of the screw holes could be the overflow drain. Great use of your "mini sight"!

I installed the wall unit into the living room. I need to paint the door the same color as the woodwork. The wallpaper is a "something I'd never do, but did it anyway"; I bought an entire scrapbook for just two pieces of paper! I need to go back to Micheals and see if I can use a coupon post purchase. If not I spent $20 for two pieces of paper! But it was love at first site! However, now the paper no longer goes with the lounge's fabric which took a month to find (suggestions welcomed). So the seats are cushion-less for the time being.

LOVE THIS!!

Sable, it looks fantastic! I'm designing a fireplace for my Madison bash and was just scrolling through Google image fireplace pics -- when I saw your inspiration! Wow! It makes me appreciate your work all the more.

• Like 1

Decided to see if I could make some tableware so I would not be tempted to buy too much at the Seattle Miniature Show tomorrow. I took pictures of the RL plate and a RL turkey platter and with my DH's help with the math printed them small enough for the half scale Fairfield. Have to work on the color of the plate, but really like the color of the platter. Also like that our own dishes will be in the Fairfield. Cut off tip of a single use eye drop container for the glass. Also just learned to make the pages of a book using about 1/8" thick soft vinyl (store sample).

Have not figured out how to make fancy cups yet. Have not yet figured out how to make small enough spoons, forks and knives. So I may have to buy some spoons, forks and knives tomorrow.

post-58020-0-70551400-1393624899_thumb.j

• Like 2