The blizzard is ON!!!!!!!!!

UVsaturated

For the 2nd time in a week we have had clear and sunny skies. I feel for you. Yesterday and the day before we got blizzards too. I'm getting very depressed! The days have been so dark.

It is still snowing here... We have at least 18 inches int he back yard and that is NOT a snow drift.!!!

The kids are loving it I got pics but I have to download them....

kellee

Nothing but rain here. Lots of rain. Rivers are flooding all over the place, but so far it's not *too* bad. (Of course, I'm not in a flood plain...but I think I could go swimming in my celler :))

We have about 8 to 10 inches here in southwest Ohio and it is still snowing

Weather forecasters here are calling this the worst blizzard since 1978. In 1978 the National Guard was send out to help with the roads

here. I don't think that will happen this time.LOL

This picture was taken Thurs. in my backyard in Ft. Worth. We loved it! No shoveling cause it was all gone by Friday. This is my idea of winter! :bigwink:

.........and just how often does it snow in and around Dallas? Isn't that unusual?

Snow is fairly rare in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area. That is one reason we consider it such a treat. Doesn't hang out long. Our biggest problem is we usually have 1 or 2 days of ice here. Since it is rare, we don't have the snow/ice removal equipment for our highways that the north and east would have so the area pretty much shuts down. Darn.......no school and most businesses shut down. Good thing since the average Texan doesn't have a clue on how to drive in weather like that. Texas is about as far north as I would ever care to live since I am not much into shoveling snow. But I usually like to rethink my stand on that in August when we have entered into our 30th straight day of 100 degree weather! :bigwink:

So far all we have had is rain and I mean torrents of it. What snow we got earlier in the week is pretty much all gone. Tonight the iceman cometh and I suspect we will have cars off the road. We live on a hill that overlooks a major north south connector and there is one bend around a barn we can see that always has a car slide off into the ditch when there is bad weather. Already had one this evening with all the accompanying emergency flashing lights and backed up traffic. Lots of visuals from our windows. :bigwink: Luckily the accidents are seldom serious, just embarrassing for the drivers. :banana:

Here are a few pics from Columbus.!!!

That is Zach laying in the snow..... and Timmy helping to shovel...

We got roughly 20 inches or soo......

The roads are looking great today.. but I hear we are getting one more round tomorrow... so since we are all pooped from shoveling it all we are going to go sledding tomorrow.!!!

and no school tomorrow!!!

Kellee