getting to know you

nuttiwebgal

we all know that we have this weird addiction to miniatures....

what I want to know is...what other things do you collect or enjoy?

I will start us off by listing some of my favorite things.

favorite color is blue(didnt know that one did ya?)

I love to read...I own all of Dean Koontz books but Ill read most anything.

I love to swim.

I love photography

old quilts draw my imagination to the past.

I have a small but nice collection of Vaseline glass....I am very partial to this type of glass.

I like embrodery.

I use to sew all of my boys clothes and all of Catriona' dance and twirl costumes

though I rarely sew now.

I like to sing but only around family because its not so pretty!

I enjoy learning new things but will panic easily!

my family is the most important part of my life

Im both exited and scared witless about my pending gastric bypass(no horror stories plzz)

oh and when Im in stress Im very excitable and "freak out"

ok that is somethings about me

YOUR turn!

nutti :)

• Like 1

Nutti, I hope your gastric bypass goes very, very well for you!! You'll have to let us know when so we can send prayers out to the universe for you!! :D

Okay, some of my favorite things other than mini's . . . hmmmm . . .

I love the piano even though I'm a beginner (but getting better)! :D My favorite artist is Lori Line.

I love to swim more than any other exercise.

I enjoy spending time with my birds.

I love collecting Precious Moments figurines.

I love to scrapbook.

I like watching movies with my hubby. I really enjoy old black and white movies!

I love gardening (I can't wait for summer).

I like to eat chocolate in large quantities! :p

I love to shop!!!!!!!!!!

I recently discovered that I like to read! I'm reading the Mitford series right now and am really enjoying it!

I love dolls, my favorite is my Mrs. Beasley (okay don't laugh at me . . . I see you!! :)

Before mini's took over my life :) I enjoyed folk art painting and before we moved down here I owned and operated my own studio named "Lavendar Lane".

I'm very impatient but can be patient (I know that doesn't make any sense at all), I love my family even though they drive me crazy at times, I love to dance and I love the sunshine!!

Any more than that and I'd have to kill you!! :D :lol:

Nutti I too hope all goes well with your surgery. I too also like reading Dean Knootz right now Iam reading Dragon tears.

My favorite color is greens but I also like tans too.

I like to crochet(not that good)

I have tried knitting not sos ure if I like it or not

I love to do cross stitch

Mini's are on the brain every where I go I look for mini things :) .

I love my kids and hubbyspending time with them :)

I also LOVE my beagles there something else :D

I like to read but dont have alot of time to do it.

I also love warm weather

I am very easy going I seem to have alot of patience.

Lyn

I love collecting Precious Moments figurines
yanno the town I live in is home to Sam Butcher and his Precious moments Chapel

love dolls, my favorite is my Mrs. Beasley

Im not LOl I wish I still had mine!

Mini's are on the brain every where I go I look for mini things

and who's isnt??

and I thank you on the well wishes...in my head I know I will be fine and much better after but surgery is scary no matter what kind it is!

and yes Im a big person so this makes me a BIG wuss :):):D

Speaking as someone who Doesn't Cope Well with doctors and dentists, focus on the outcome, not on the operation. The ouchie bits of the operation will happen whether you think about them or not.

what other things do you collect or enjoy?

Dollhouses are my ONLY collection. When we decided to downsize so we could move from a cheap region (upstate NY) to a pricey region (San Francisco Bay Area, I thought hard and decided that this was the single hobby I valued most. It wasn't supposed to get quite this out of hand... but I'm obsessed with decorating books, so it all could be worse. I could be trying to rehab an entire house again.

I've been known to buy 1920s furniture, art pottery, and dishes, but it's not like I have space to stock up, so this doesn't happen often. And I'm either poor or cheap (you make the call), so it's not like we're buying the ultra-hip restored treasures in the Deco Ghetto. (They're gorgeous. I'd slash my wrists if the cat dug in claws while falling off one.)

My favorite color is beige. (I am not making this up.)

I cook in spurts of inspiration. Cheap, reasonably healthful ethnic takeaway costs less here than cooking ingredients, so I really have to be inspired to bother. This year, I am going to tackle pie crust.

Being a city girl, my only outdoor activity is walking, which is necessary to get anywhere.

The two cats want to know which one of them is my favorite, but I'm not telling. The husband is fairly sure that he's my favorite husband, though I'd hate for him to get complacent.

I have no patience whatsoever, though I do have bouts of self-disciplined activity.

I do a bunch of internet stuff. Used to eBay but ran out of stored stuff to sell. Since my first novel is being received by agents with a stunningly uniform lack of interest, I am working on a second one meant to be more commercial. You can read about that process here, though you shouldn't feel that you have to. :)

Hmmm, a little about me:

I love to read and when I get started on a book I have a real hard tim to let it go before it is finished, that is why I have stopped reading when I go to bed, or I would end up turning of the light whenever the book was "done",

my favourite colours are greem, black and blue,

I like to doodle in drawing as well as take out the paint brushes on a canvas now and then,

I wizzle a lot and at times I find my self humming to a song LOL,

I like to do the cooking and DH helps out with doing the dishes afterwards,

I find the mini book making fascinating and have done quiet a few by now,

I like my work most of the days, and find being a teacher a challenge,

I have a hard time saying no but I am slowly learning :) ,

I am a night owl :) but "knows" better,

I sew a lot of my clothes as well as some other odd things as for the school's theaters etc,

I like my garden, and am looking forward to springtime,

another thing I really like are the long bike rides with DH which is another thing that makes me want spring to arrive,

Now there were some little odd bits about me, I am enjoying reading your postings about yourself!

Hugs

Nutti - wishing you all the best in your surgery!!

Let's see now...

I've only been into minatures for a couple years (though I've always love them)

I play the piano and used to play mandolin, violin and flute, but it's been a while.

I'm an avid collector of junk - my favorite dreams (and I'm not making this up) are of me rummaging through a junk shop and finding ultra cheap treasures!

I love antiques and enjoy collecting them as useful home furnishings

I paint in oils, acrylics and watercolor, write (2 novels finished but too cowardly to submit them further), did photography (before I got lazy with digital) and sing.. but only in the car or the shower - if you heard me you'd know why (heehaw) braying mules sound better. :)

I love to garden but hate to be seen gardening.

I sew - but only for Halloween (costumes).

I love african violets, roses and orchids

And my biggest problem item collecting.. is books - I'm a certifiable bibliophile and no matter how many bookshelves I get.. I don't have enough to hold the books which are 99% non fiction refference materials. Yes, I'm one of those sorts of boring people :) Love ancient history and failed my Latin class but still want to learn.

I love the 3 Stooges, Monster movies, and my DVD player :D, going to the movies and living near the Ocean - my favorite place to be.

-David

I'm enjoying reading the getting to know you thread.

When I first registered on this site, and looked through the gallery and albums that had been created; I noticed many similarities. All had built or renovated a dollhouse and collected and/or created miniatures. I noticed that many had pets in their pictures .... usually cats or birds. I guess that they fit into the houses easier than most dogs.

As for me,

I love my husband (we were unable to have children- probably my deepest disappointment).

My cats (I have three - Dudley (age 15), Missymew (age 7), Trinity (age 6).

Books - I love mysteries, and Dean Koonz. I also read books written for Christian growth by authors such as Phillip Yancey, C.S. Lewis, and Elisabeth Elliot.

I love horror movies .... scary (not slasher types).

I have a very interesting job, terrific boss, and lots of perks. When I do volunteer it can be a little difficult for me working without the power and perks that I'm used to. When I volunteer at the church, for example, I'm amazed at the jobs that the staff perform without much assistance. Where I work we have staff that look after our administrative needs. We have staff that pay our bills, order our supplies, phone the caterers, water our plants, make our coffee, and clean our kitchen.

My husband has been a shift worker (12 hour shifts) for 25 years. When I'm home I spent a lot of time alone. Books, my cats, and miniature dollhouse mostly occupy my spare time. For the last 3 years I worked so many volunteer hours, in addition to my job, that I became very run down and ill. So I've severely tapered off in this area of my life.

Favourite colours: deep burgundy and pale pink

I don't cook a lot as there's only the two of us.

I have two adoptive granddaughters, but have a very "unique" relationship with their mother. She can phone me 20 times a day, or I can be ignored for months at a time. I'm still waiting to give Shalean and Renee the Christmas roomboxes that I made for them. This relationship gives me my greatest joy in life, but also my deepest pain.

My parents are 79 years of age. My dad is the one that built my Beacon Hill. Their health is quite good and we live in the same city, but don't see each other that often. We love each other dearly, but our relationship is complicated.

I have three brothers and a sister. I'm in the middle, and my sister is the youngest ... quite a bit younger actually ... my brothers and I often refer to her as "Whoops".

I love our backyard in the summertime! I'm the idea person and my husband does the work. He's an angel. Ray enjoys excellent health although he's seven years older than I. We even have 2 gardens for the cats. One garden has catmint, and is shaded by a carigana bush. The other garden has catnip plants and is just outside the back door.

I have done embroidery, hooked several rugs, and crocheted.

I also really enjoy the friendships, support, information, and stories on this site.

Susanne

Good luck with your surgery, Nutti!

A little about me:

Favorite color/s: reds and oranges although my favorite can change with my mood.

I really like computers and gadgets, anything techie although I don't have to be the first to have something. I'm still waiting for the iPods to drop in price for instance. In the same vein, I love animation and video games, and movies with great special effects.

I collect pottery. I am an intaglio printmaker, a painter, and I like to draw too. My first love was 35mm photography and while I have gotten away from it a bit, I am hoping to invest in an SLR digital someday.

I am fascinated by ancient art as well as art history ancient through modern.

I love animals and I have 2 cats, a dog, and a rabbit.

I am very good with houseplants and I enjoy gardening both indoors and out. My dream is to have both a studio and a greenhouse someday.

I hate the cold, especially ice storms. I love trees, especially oaks and hollies. I love to give and receive flowers.

That about covers it.

Some people consider my life to be either the most boring or the most stable they've known LOL. I live only a 100 yards from where I was raised. I've been married to my soul mate for 35 1/2 years, I've worked at the same place for 29 years.

In the past I've collected dolls--mainly porcelain baby dolls

I know how to crochet,knit and cross-stitch--but haven't done much in the last couple of years due to carpel tunnel (cts) which was made worse by surgery.

I love to read--I could probably open a small library with the books I have. I love a good mystery--lately favorite authors are Patricia Cornwall, Jonathan Kellerman and John Sandford. But I will read anything, we keep a magazine/book rack in the bathroom.

My family is the most important thing in my life, we've raised two daughters and are in the process of spoiling 4 grandchildren (3 girls and 1 boy) just to help drive the dd crazy LOL

I'm a very patient person most of the time but can quickly show temper if I feel a family member or dear friend is being mistreated. Then everyone takes cover.

I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, one of which is my fraternal twin--Polly. Polly is only 15 minutes older than me. The oldest sister is 12 yrs older and the brothers are 10 & 8 years older and had a big hand in raising "the twins" since my father died when we were only 15 months old.

My greatest vices are overeating and smoking, both of which I've given up a dozen times but always seem to take back up.

I don't have a favorite color or flower, cause I try to find the beauty in all things and people. I have no musical talent whatsoever, but my ddsand I will sing together and make the dh run for cover with our bad voices.

New to dollhouse making (I know I hear your groans for my bugging you for almost a year) so this site has been a life saver in the process. When my back gets better I want to start our log cabin.

More than you wanted to know

Peggi

Oh Nutti Good Luck on Sugery

I know what your going throu I had a gallbladder removed this year ,my teeth pulled out and a melanoma taken off my face. I have had enough with Hospitals.This has to be a better year for all.

I like to paint murals almost all my walls have a picture on them. If it dosn't move it gets painted.

I dabble in woodworking I have as many tools as DH has.

I sew & cook

I inherreted my family home so its full of antiques and my biggest collection is Tea Cups.

And a lot of q'unk I can not part with.

Donna

This is an excellent topic Nutti! I love hearing about the interests of other people. It's fascinating to know people and then find out something new about them. (and I'm joining everyone here in sending you positive energy about your surgery....I know several people who have had it done and say it's the greatest thing they ever did for themselves)

My turn? Here goes:

Most of me is kept inside my head and I'm not good at sharing with others. I tend to keep people at a distance until I get to know them well. Okay, so I'm really a cat cleverly disguised as a human.

I taught myself to read when I was three because I found out that no one had enough time to read to me as much as I wanted. (that would have been 24/7). By the time I was five, I was working my way thru my parent's bookcases and there's never been a time in my life when there wasn't at least three or four open books around. I'll read a toothpaste tube if I can't find anything else. Given a choice, I'll stick with mysteries, macabre, ghost stories, poetry and the old masters.

I'm a textile artist but I think that's more of a symptom than a diagnosis. For me, creating is as vital as breathing. I've won a few art shows and sold some pieces, but mainly I do it for the sheer joy of watching things come to life under my hands.

No children of my own, but I've had thousands of other people's kids. I was a teacher for 18 years and ran a private pre-k/kdg school, enrolling around 125 kids a year. I worked a lot with special needs and abused kids, including offering scholarships for families in crisis. I liked teaching, but when I reached the burn out point, I was happy to move on to something else. I love working with computers now and will deliberately break one just so I can fix it.

I like collecting things. I collect jade sculptures, oriental cork carvings, tiffany lamps, artifacts from Tibetan monastaries, anything made of brass, and frogs. Oh, and weird people. I don't really intend to collect them, but it just kinda happens that way.

I love racing and even tho my driver retired and we don't race anymore, I own a stock car. I also love guns and cooking. (but not at the same time) And rocks. I like the sparkly ones that I can wear, and the ordinary pretty ones all polished up, and even the ones out by the river. I just like rocks!

I have a temper altho it takes a lot to make me mad. I'm blunt and a bit too honest about a lot of things. I tend to just say what's on my mind. Oh, and I have a sense of humor. Sometimes it's a bit more spontaneous than it should be in polite company (and occasionally it's dark or sarcastic) and I've been told I'm a bit of a smart <ahem>.

And my favorite color is green because it's the color of life in progress.

Deb

• Like 1

Okay, so I'm really a cat cleverly disguised as a human. 

I like you already!!

I taught myself to read when I was three because I found out that no one had enough time to read to me as much as I wanted.  (that would have been 24/7).  By the time I was five, I was working my way thru my parent's bookcases and there's never been a time in my life when there wasn't at least three or four open books around.  I'll read a toothpaste tube if I can't find anything else.  Given a choice, I'll stick with mysteries, macabre, ghost stories, poetry and the old masters.

My mother taught me to read when I was 3!!  When I entered Grade 1, I couldn't define a coordinating conjunction, but I could recognize one in a sentence and knew that a comma preceded it.  My mother was a strict teacher.  I, too, will read anything...cereal boxes, labels.  If a day goes through that I haven't taken some time to read, I feel like I'm going through withdrawal pains

Oh, and weird people.  I don't really intend to collect them, but it just kinda happens that way. 

My brother defined me as a collector of "strays" a few years back.  I was sharing a story that had been related by one of my friends, and he said to me "Are you still seeing her, I thought that she was just another one of your strays".  I love my brother, but his attitude towards my friends stung a little.  I believe people are "unique", not "strange".  Anyways, I like unique.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, so I'm really a cat cleverly disguised as a human.
Ah! This would be along the lines of my black cat, who sits just out of touching range, looking perfect. As opposed to the gray-and-white cat, who plumps down on a lap and gives washies.

I taught myself to read when I was three because I found out that no one had enough time to read to me as much as I wanted.

My mother swears I insisted on being taught to read at that age because it annoyed me that grown-ups could read and I couldn't. This logic is a recurring theme throughout my childhood. Despite my toys, I really, really wanted to be a grown-up.

Oh, and I have a sense of humor. Sometimes it's a bit more spontaneous than it should be in polite company (and occasionally it's dark or sarcastic) and I've been told I'm a bit of a smart <ahem>.

If you can't think of anything nice to say, slide over here and talk to me.

A little about me.

I'm a stamp collector specializing in Canadian stamps and I collect puzzle rings and anklets. I've done painting, sewing, knitting and cross stitching which I still enjoy doing. My most enjoyable times are bike riding with my hubby in the early mornings (5 - 6 am) for an hour or so before work.

I'm a very organized person. I cook once a year at Christmas. We eat dinner out every evening. My interests are making flowers arrangements, playing chess or scrabble, reading, shopping and computers.

I cry very easily (maybe that's an age issue) and can sometimes be quite timid. Although I've been known to speak up when it's warranted.

I've been with the same company for over 30 years and I married the boss. I'm now able to work from home which I truly enjoy. This is a second marriage for me and I have a child from each and I have 3 grandkids. My hubby didn't have any kids of his own and he adopted my son from my first marriage.

I've always had pets mainly dogs and have an Australian Shepherd named Sydney. I've never known an animal who knows my every thought but I swear he reads my mind. Too smart!!

I'm also an Avon Rep and I love meeting people for coffee and a chat.

I recently found out that I have a sister who is 5 years younger than I am and we've talked on the phone. I was thrilled and I can't wait to meet her in person.

Maybe this isn't a little about me at all, sorry!

Good question, Nutti. I have enjoyed the responses.

Good luck with the surgery. My aunt had it done and has done very well with it.

About me: I am usually the odd ball in the group. I don't have much to say or I don't know how to say it. I am shy too. So that makes it difficult for me sometimes. I know I am an introvert. I like to work more on my own but I work well with a team also.

I enjoy spending time with my family. Michael and I have been together for 11 years will be 12 this year. We have three girls (Alysia, 11, Sheridan 4 & Ella 3) together. He and I also share my oldest daughter, Mabyn, 14) and his son, Joe, 13. We also have two dogs, Spock who is 11 and Rudy who is one. Our cat Luna is 3 and her son Fatboy is two years.

Besides miniatures I sew, scrapbook and paint when I have the time. Minis have taken over for the moment. Although all the skills I have aquired from my other hobbies have really helped out with building doll houses. Michael and I have a large collection of dragons. I am going to do my aster as a wizards cottage with a dragon looking throught the window if we can find a dragon with its neck sticking out. I like to read, also. I prefer sci-fi fantasy. I like Anne McCaffery, Todd Williams, Chris P-something (he wrote Eragon) and Elizabeth Ann Scarbarough. My favorite T.V. shows are Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica (the new series), Family Guy (I Love Stewie) and Futurama. I listen to rock and alternitive rock like Bowling for Soup, Metallica, Green Day. I also like classical music. My favorite color is green. My hair is black and red (it's a dye job). I dress like a teenager, too. Mabyn and I wear the same size so I just borrow her clothes.

I have a degree in Graphic Design. I love the trade, but I live in a repressed area and there are not many jobs in that field here. I have the programs at home so I can keep up with the new tricks of the trade. I got my degree before web design was really popular so I don't know much about it. But I have been learning here and there. Mainly, I worked in the print area. I would like to work for a magazine or do CD covers. I worked for an ad agency before I moved back home and I loved that. Now, I do contract work for a company that makes compound bow sights and accessories. I also work part time at a hospital as a housekeeper because work usually slows down during the winter (not this winter I am so busy).

I'm a retired public health nurse, I waited until I was 50 to attend nursing school. I have also been an offset print pasteup artist & a social worker & a bookseller; I've done some bindery work and retail sales of various kinds, worked in two state hospitals & one correctional institution.

I'm at least the fourth generation needlewoman in my family. We all drew & painted to make our own designs for stitching. I also made dolls & toys, so minis were a "natural". My father was a physician & a carpenter. Mother was a nurse for a while.

I love to read, one of my best friends from elementary school is an author I enjoy, but between how slowly she writes (historic fiction as accurate as her librarian background can get) and her publisher I tease Lucia she ought to write faster :)

I used to sing until I got nodes on my vocal chords; cats sound better.

I believe I've posted elsewhere I like to hike, walk, kayak, and cycle. I used to like the water, but with osteoarthritis I no longer enjoy swimming.

Our dog lives outdoors, we have to drag her in when the temp drops.

DH was an engineer and a correctional officer, briefly, and even more briefly, a probation officer.

We have three sons, one adopted.

We love to travel. We also collect people, although at present none of them are children.

We also collect people, although at present none of them are children
alot of you said this same thing! I dont put myself out in the world and my children are grown(1 to go) we used to collect Children.

we never went to hang at the mall just me and my 3 we always had a couple extra. we actually feel very parental to about 8 extra kids.

This has been a very enlightning thread! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Chris P-something (he wrote Eragon)

oooo oooo I just read that book last month! cant wait for the next one to come out in paperback.

I also had too many books. one of my BGF helped me clean out this room last spring. it is a dinning room but our kitchen is so large we have never used it as such. but the last few years it has been our PILE. :lol: and all of you have one somewhere. she made me get rid of over 3/4 of my books. and it was good...(hangs head in shame)

I try to always show positive attitude....on the internet it is easy to do.

but I am less than tactful in real life. terrible burden to have to watch ones words as they come flying out of my mouth at a hundred miles a minute...oh? did I not tell you Im a talker?

I taught myself to read when I was three because I found out that no one had enough time to read to me as much as I wanted.

I read Black Beauty at 4 when my mum started the book with us and than dropped it mid story! :D:D:)

so whats a kid to do. I come from a huge reading family.

the oldest has a book collection from his childhood of all the goosebumps of that time. Im sure he has more now. he reads as much as he breathes.

it sure has been good gettin to know you! :p

nutti/Lynette :)

Michael and I have a large collection of dragons. I am going to do my aster as a wizards cottage with a dragon looking throught the window if we can find a dragon with its neck sticking out. I like to read, also. I prefer sci-fi fantasy. I like Anne McCaffery,

I looooooove Anne McCaffery. I started reading the Pern books when I was in high school and have grabbed each new one that came along. Her characters seem like old friends. I was devestated when she announced her retirement and I was dubious about her son taking over, but so far, he's done pretty well.

I like Terry Goodkind too. His Sword of Truth epic got me hooked. He's up to what, 7 or 8 books now? And still not even close to finishing the story.

I can't wait to see the Aster as a wizards house complete with dragons! What a great idea!

Deb

Good luck on your nurgery,Nutti!!!

I am student but I can't wait to get my study over and done! :D I love to paint and to be "creative"! I play tennis and I love playing the piano since I'm 4 or 5 and mostly I was my own piano teacher. I love to play the music from movies (Amélie, Forrest Gump, etc.) but I also like to play classical music. But I don't really like to listen to classical music, I prefer to play it on the piano! :p I love to spend my time with my friends and to go to concerts. I love to listen to Indie, Alternative and Punk Rock. My favorite film is "Life Is Beautiful" and my favorite computer game is McGee's Alice (My favorite book as a child was "Alice in Wonderland" =) ). Generally I too have a dark and sarcastic humor! :) I love antiques, the architecture of the early 20th century, Art Nouveau furniture and accessoires and I love decorating my home. I have a weakness for antique iron beds, tiffany lamps, cushions and candles. I love flowers and my garden but hate gardening! :lol: My favorite animals are dogs and I love butterflies. I have a male-cat. I love to travel, my coolest journey was a two-week trip to the US! :D But I went with three guys and they didn't let me see the Titanic exhibition in Philadelphia and the Thorne Rooms in Chicago! :)

I larned to read sitting with my grandpa in his BIG chair while he read to me from his old McGuffey Eclectic Readers & the Bible. I think I was 3 when I started reading them for myself. All three of our boys could read long before they entered kindergarten.

I'm impatiently waiting for HP & the Half-Blood Prince to go into paperback, and on the next installment of Jean Auel's "Children of Earth" series. I have three books going right now, two of them nonfiction. Once a year or so we pack up several cartons of books and take them to our friend Ron's used bookstore in Jacksonville and sell them. Usually we come home with a few less books than we took, but between the thrift stores and the outlet bookstores we manage to fill the shelves again & have stacks of unread books in some designated areas and the read ones go into another stack. Lately we pass them on to DS#3 & he sells back the ones he's read for cigarette & coffee money.

We both love to listen to music & like it all! One trip to SF we attended a jazz concert in the Tenderloin one night and a symphony concert the next and a cabaret in North Beach two nights later :)

they didn't let me see the Titanic exhibition in Philadelphia and the Thorne Rooms in Chicago!

You'll have to come back, Anne. DH took me there first thing when we went to Chicago this past summer.

You'll have to come back, Anne.  DH took me there first thing when we went to Chicago this past summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have to come back! :D There are so many things I haven't seen yet... :) And where did you find such a great DH? :)

Nutti, my thoughts will be with you during your surgery. Just think, you'll be the same wonderful person, only smaller!

My favorite color is purple. I love to read, I have all the Dean Koontz books as well as Stephen King, but will read anything. At one time I knitted, crocheted and did <a href="counted%20cross%20stitch" onmouseover="window.status='counted cross stitch'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">counted cross stitch</a>, although not so much now. I love all animals and will bring home just about anything left sitting on the side of the road! I have loved minis and dollhouses since I was a small child. I just love elderly people -- they have so much to share! I have found that grandchildren help you look at the world in a new and wonderful way. I have a job working with mentall ill people that I find very fulfilling and rewarding. The older I get the more I enjoy life for what it has to offer, instead of what I'd like to get out of it. I get so much enjoyment from this site and all of the wonderful people I've met!!! Oh, almost forgot, I also collect Victorian porcelain dolls and have a passion for anything Victorian!

Debbie

where did you find such a great DH?
In 1962 at the University of Florida. We married in 1963.

I have a job working with mentall ill people

I was working at the state mental hospital when DH & I decided it was time I went to nursing school. I went back there to work for a few years, but the Health Dept called me back to work as a school nurse again (I was good at it). Since one of my DSs has severe bipolar disorder, I had lots of psych experience.

BTW, I am also a smart ***, but it's better than being a dumb **** :)