Plastic Bags 3/11/08

Geeeee and when they also ban paper bags because of the tree issue, will we be going back to daily shopping and carrying baskets over our arms like our great grandmothers did, or growing and raising our own food to make it affordable??????????????????

Yes.

I don't use plastic bags at all, and don't let them pack "wet" stuff in plastic (my store has paper bags but insist on putting meat and some produce in plastic bags). I'd rather they "double bag" in paper than use the plastic. I reuse the paper bags too --take them back to the store with me and have them fill them up. There are two groceries in town; while I generally shop at one, the other one doesn't seem to mind it's competitors bags. I'd like to switch to the canvas bags (I've dropped stuff from a too-many-times-used paper sack!) but I'm sure I'd forget and leave them at home! :unsure: I also use the paper sacks for waste cans around the house.