Help with the Garfield Foundation, newbie here

Olivia

Hello everyone, I am so excited and glad to be a new member of your community....everyone seems so helpful here. I am a first time dollhouse builder that got the Garfield as a christmas present from my boyfriend this year.

We have assembled the foundation, and so far it looks exactly like the first picture shown in the directions. I am now ready for step A3 but I dont understand what they mean when they say "at the step notch in foundation #13, flush with back end of notch, align one square step end square to #13. Glue to #13 and foundation base."

Where exactly am I supposed to glue the square step end to? Piece 13 or the foundation? I think this is probly really simple and if I could just see a photograph or an illustration of how to put these kitchen porch steps in It would all make sense. does anyone have any photos or drawings to show me how they did this part? Thanks so much, any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Olivia

Mine did not have the foundation i made my own, but at the side it should have a space cut out. There is a step on the front also cut in the same way

______l----l______ something like this. there should be 3 peices of wood,about

1"high and about 3 " wide

you need to glue these together

__l < like this to make the step then you glue it to the foundation in that space

l <(side view)

I hope this helps also take a look at the picture of the garfield on the main page of greenleaf that should help a little there is not a lot of pictures of that side if the house.

Donna

Ok I dug out the instruction sheet

your picture looks like the front steps.

<See my avatair (the picture to the left ) this is the side they are talking about you are to glue the steps to the under side of that cut out and the side on the foundation. You should have a picture on the second page labled K. porch ceiling trim it show how the steps look

Keep wrighting we'll figuer this out one way or another

Donna :) :lol:

Hey there, thanks for the help everyone! I figured it out last night. I had a friend come over who has built a dollhouse before and after cracking our heads together and trying to figure out what the pourpose of the two random wood squares was, :) we finally figured it all out! Yay!

So...now Im on to building the staicase in the next step. I'll have to take some pictures to document my progress, I'm so excited about getting into minatures. So far I'm addicted, and getting a copy of Dollhouse Miniatures magazine just got me that much more excited. I find myself looking at the clock at work waiting to get home to get back to my construction.

Thanks again for everyones help and I'm sure I'll be posting more in the coming weeks to show everyone my progress!

Sincerely,

Olivia

I find myself looking at the clock at work waiting to get home to get back to my construction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Olivia it sounds like y ou are making great progress and having fun while doing it! Good going and welcome to the addiction errrhhh, I mean the wonderful world of miniatures as a hobby :lol:

Hugs

We just found the instructions to the Odie, I mean Garfield, and underwhelmed would not quite describe my feelings. In comparison: The Real Good Toys Queen Anne has a 22 page manual for constructing the carcass (okay shell, the real carpentry term is carcass-hey I didn't invent it) and a 29 page manual for the trim work. And the Dollshouse Emporium Grosvenor Hall manual makes the RGT manual look lacking. The 'manual' it's really a sheet, for the Garf is possibly the worst instruction set I've ever seen. And I've bought garage kits, so I know bad instructions.

It's a shame, because the Garf is a great kit, takes some work, lickapaint here and there, but man, the instructions might as well be in Esperanto. Step 1: Open the box. Step 2: Put the kit together. Step 3: Enjoy! :mellow:

for the Garf is possibly the worst instruction set I've ever seen. And I've bought garage kits, so I know bad instructions.

but yet I have seen some Beautiful Garfields built with these "bad" directions.

nutti :mellow:

but yet I have seen some Beautiful Garfields built with these "bad" directions.

nutti :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all! I'm so sorry I didnt see the topic sooner! I am currently building the garfield as well! I am now on the roof. But I Definitly feel your pain about the instructions! They are def. not the best! And I had to do some "bashing" of my own to make it to my standards. Anyways if you are stuck feel free to see my pictures in my gallery or my webshots link below. Good luck! :lol:

Dean can correct me, but the instructions appear to have been written by the person who built the original house just after it was finished, so OF COURSE this is how it goes together, never mind how or why... On the other hand, once you get the general idea of what goes where & a sort of order, you're free to do it however works for you!