Beacon Hill

LizB

I am 2/3's done with my Beacon Hill and I was wondering if any manufactured doors fit any of the rooms. Usually the doors advertise as being 3/8" in width and all of the wood is 1/8", of course, in the Beacon Hill. But I have seen pictures of finished houses with manufactured doors and I wondered, how did they do that? Does it just hang over into the next room?

Thank you,

LizB

Liz,

Im sure you will get some great replys to your question. I have not yet built my beacon hill and cant wait to start. I cant remember who on the forum suggested to me, im doing the same thing different house, that you put a spacer in the next room under your trim. I think that's what was said, hopefully someone will be a little more exact.

Welcome to the forum, and take some pics we would love to see your house.

http://community.webshots.com/album/307369036IZUZtK

Jenn o

Thanks Jenn,

I don't know about the spacers, it is hard to tell by looking at other's pictures. Hopefully someone will come forward and tell how it's done. This is my first house so I am learning very much! (How to sand without splinters into my fingers, and cracking edges off the very thin wood, how to do the lighting without breaking the fine wires, etc...) I will post some pictures when I get closer to being finished.

-L