Greenleaf's 2nd Annual Spring Fling Contest

OMG! All of the entries are fabulous so far!!! I have been quiet about the contest because I wasn't sure if I would finish in time, but I did and I have posted my album. Hope the pics got to Dean o.k.! Not feeling worthy over here, but it was so much fun just to enter. I know DH is glad it is over - I drove him crazy with pictures!

I'm in also. So glad the photos are sent and the entry is finished. Looking forward to seeing all the entries. This contest was so much fun to make. Good luck to all.

hi! Somebody please tell me exactly what time this Spring Fling entry has to be in. I'm exhausted & it's still in pieces. Really doesn't matter because it's been great therapy for me. I got a little ambitious & procrastinated & realized it's been a long time since I've built anything but furniture. So, I'll check back tomorrow & even if it's too late I'll show ya'll what a mess I've made!

I haven't been much of a member; really just lurking around alot when I have time.

My daughter's dollhouse that we built together when she was little was destroyed by hurricane Katrina & I have to replace it for her; she's in college now.....

So, I was waiting 'til I got my real house fixed to start on a new one for her & decided that this contest would be great therapy for me & a respite from fighting with the insurance company.

Thanks to all for putting up with me being a lurker for so long!

Hiya Debbie - my understanding is the entry counts as long as it's received by midnight today Monday, 26th (Memorial Day).... Although, of course, it's probably a good idea not to send it EXACTLY at midnight - give yourself some time for photo retakes, email issues, etc. :flowers:

I've still got a couple things to do. I'm hoping to have mine submitted at noon today so I can take my tyke to the pool. I'm the only person here who wished it had thunderstormed on Memorial Day!! I could have had more mini time!

I'm SO thrilled to see all the beautiful eye candy so far. And a big thanks to all of you who created albums to show more than the three pics you're allowed to submit! Just checking out the details inside and out, I feel your pain at only getting to select 3 three shots to show all your hard work and wonderful detail, and I SO glad you shared!

I'll finish my gallery upload and make it public today!

There are dozens of truly amazing entries... I honestly don't know how the judges are going to pick a winner. I can't wait until next week to share them all with you, so I'm going to post a Sneak Peak Flash Gallery with all the entries and will link to it in tomorrows newsletter.

For those of you who are still working on your entry, as long as I receive the pictures by 8AM EST tomorrow, you'll be good to go. Unfortunately though, late entries might not make it in the Sneak Peak Gallery.

The winners will be announced next Monday, June 2nd and at that time, we'll finally have a name for this cute little kit.

I've really enjoyed this contest and I thank you all for participating.

Thanks everybody and good luck!

Dean

Finally , I got our pictures sent in last night. My family had so much fun with this. This was our first build, It was so much fun the whole family got involved. We are excited to do our first house. Can't wait to get started. We ordered the Orchid. Thank You to everyone and to Greenleaf for bringing this into our lives, such a great family project! Coopers

Phew... just got my photos sent in.

A bit too close to the deadline to my comfort.. but what can you do...

Mine turned into a sushi bar, I posted pics in my gallery.

Lillian I love your workshop! This really was your first build, it is amazing!

Thank You,

Yes, I've always loved woodworking and needed a hobby...so I thought I would try doll houses. I purchased the Orchid house a few months ago and never got it started then I got the news letter about the workshop contest and thought that it would be alot easier as a first project.

Whew! I just sent mine in. I put it off until the last minute, but I'm so happy I got it done! After looking at what everyone else has done, I was a little embarrassed about my simple little shed. You guys are amazing!

Karen

My album is public now.... sorry there are so many photos.. I uploaded as I went along. The last ten or so show the final product and details. And my DD10's is also posted - Snow White and the 7 Dwarves

I had great fun with this kit. The workshop is the first house that I completely finished (I have 2 other houses, but not finished.) Man what people came up with all I can say is awesome job everyone. Give yourselves a pat on the back.
:wave::p:flowers:

well, I abandoned my Spring Fling project today & not a minute too soon. As promised, I will post pics of the mess as soon as i've posted enough to warrant a gallery. I started to put a dad doll in laying on the ground passed out and call it 'dad's first playhouse'. Couldn't use the mom doll (I'm a mom) because she got her head popped off by Shannon & her friend Elizabeth when they were 8 or so. I must've done something to deserve that!

Anyway, I need to go introduce myself properly if I can find the right blog! Tomorrow sounds good right now.....

Congratulations to everyone & I'm so impressed with your talent & creativity!

:flowers:

Deb