Greenleaf's 2nd Annual Spring Fling Contest

OK, I took the bait and bit :)

Maybe it will be a garden shed to add to the Heart Arbor potting bench I built last year........hmmmm....

I think this will not be a super spectacular contest entry but, a just for me, little project.....but........I am so interested to see what some of our creative folks will build with this little kit :wave:

Ack, tried to place my order and it went OK until the confrimation of it and using paypal... Got a confirmation mail though but total was around 108 dollars or so...

Hugs

Edited: Well, everything is OK now, got a paypal invoice, paid it and will now start the waiting game.... I have an idea on how to incorporate it for my show display.... OK, good excuse huhu?!? :( I just wanted it....

Hugs again and thank you thank you for this!!!!

I just ordered mine and it was $108 also! Hopefully they'll sort it out and send me an invoice for the right amount!

I was grappling for ideas, and although it's not a great one, it will incorporate some things I've been wanting to do for ages. Hopefully I will have something done by end of May (not that long really!!).

Good luck all!

Oh my, allready got a confirmation that it is shipped allready :p can't wait!!!!! :( And yes, I got a Paypal invoice sent to me that worked wonders!!!!

Hugs

l ordered mine 2 weeks ago amd ppl who ordered after me have already received their kits while mine hasn't evn shipped.\I don't understand that.

asherah

l ordered mine 2 weeks ago amd ppl who ordered after me have already received their kits while mine hasn't evn shipped.\I don't understand that.

asherah

Amanda,

Give them a call today, or drop an email. Greenleaf has fantastic customer service. I was worried about my order because I had used a Visa gift card, and my order was pending when I checked my account in the Greenleaf store (luckily, I was really eager and checked it the second day :) ) I made a quick call and it was all taken care of in minutes. Good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

I received mine yesterday. I still had no idea what I was going to do with it. I did a dry fitting and after just a few minutes, it popped into my head what this little cutie wanted to be. Now, time to get back to work!

I got mine yesterday..... and I was just told by my boss, to take some "me" time this weekend..... :o Guess that gives me permission to play now!!

Indeed, gotta' love such a boss, right?!? Can't wait to see and hear what you will do with this little gem, I am looking forward to receving mine shortly!

Hugs

I have a qoestion that relates to the house. I started working on it and have an idea but i need to paper mache' something.......but i have never paper mached. Is there a way to make the stuff they use as a arm or leg cast, it needs to be harder then paper LOL

Have you tried plaster of paris? It comes in a gauze-like roll. You just cut the strips to the size you want, dip them in water and it can be laid out on a surface and shaped. It will harden much better than paper mache.... and adding more than one layer gives it even more strength.

Also, people around here, including myself, love paperclay. A non-baking clay that is more friendly shaping and molding than plaster of paris... Depends how strong you need this surface to be.

• 2 weeks later...

So we are alowed three pictures, what if we attach say three pictures to make one picture and send 3 of those? Like instead of

a=1

b=2

c=3

We can use

a+b+c=1

d+e+f=2

g+h+i=3

I really hope this make sense.

Ok thought i could ask.I just thought if we did a few pictures like a collage and sent three of those, it might work. Ah well. . . . . . .

It might seem like it would make the judges' jobs easier, to submit more pictures to show off all the details of your hard work, but with all the members submitting entries, three pictures per entry sounds like an overwhelming number of pictures to be gone through in a timely manner to select a winner (and IMO everyone on this forum does winner-quality work).

I think picking the three pictures was harder then decorating the house. I snapped so many and then just kept looking at them, hoping I would catch every little nook and cranny. I know the dh is small but I crammed alot of stuff in there! LOL