Greenleaf's 2nd Annual Spring Fling Contest

It's not the quantity, but quality of the photos that you want to focus on... pardon the pun.

I think that saved me on the gingerbread house contest. I found a web site on how to make a simple pvc piping photo box and it has made the quality of my mini photos 100% better... I'm using a Canon Power Shot digital camera. The photos of the gingerbread houses are taken in the photobox (see gallery).

Light Box tutorial

gggrrraaaaarrrrrgggggggggggg. i cant seem to do anything with the doors ive tried hingeing them but it dont work. ive tried gluing them on it dont work.

what have u done with them and can u give me any advice as how to deal with them other than throwing them in the bin

Dawn, I don't need to have the doors open and close. I glued one of them closed and the other ajar. For the one that's ajar, I ran a bead of glue along the bottom and glued it to the floor, then ran a bead of glue in the joint between the door and the doorframe.

I did the same with my doors also. One is closed and the other is ajar. With the closed door, you add square footage inside for MORE goodies!

I did the same with my doors also. One is closed and the other is ajar. With the closed door, you add square footage inside for MORE goodies!

Yup. I need room for one large-ish but essential piece of furniture, and having the doors swing out is not an option in this scenario.

I made my doors open and close. After putting the four hinges on, I closed the doors and taped them shut so they wouldn't flop around while I was moving the house about. I needed a workshop that welcomed people and then gave them privacy. ( B) )

I am so excited... This is my first house and my first contest...I'm hoping to have it done in time, It is a slow process. Thank you to everyone I have learned so much from reading all the posts on this site. Lillian

Okay today is May 1st...I guess I should start my _______! I took it out of the box the other day....I need a push huh? Have the idea and got some stuff for it just have to get my MOJO back.

I think I can get finished up in a day .. I just have to find the day. Today will be a rare one without rain, with more storms coming tonight. I guess I'll do yard work today and mini tomorrow. :kicking:

Or ... I could mini today and figure Mother Nature doesn't mind a shaggy lawn. (Although calling this scraggly turf a lawn is elevating it to a status it really doesn't deserve.) :)

What will the woman do? Tune in later to find out! :)

Edit, 5 hours later: the grass is mowed, the patio & sidewalks swept, had lunch out with my hubby, picked up groceries and prescription at Wal-Mart, brought it home and put it all away. And it's not even 3 pm. Still lots of time for minis before the new shows come on after supper. What a busy day!

Final edit, 11 hours later: Worked with fabric today, made curtains and have almost finished a piece of clothing vital to the scene. Also glued some of the accessories in place. No new shows, though ... instead of Survivor and CSI: Las Vegas and Without a Trace, we got nonstop weather information. The really heavy storms are west of here, flowing right over Kansas City. Lots of hail. So far no rain here, but it is expected before morning. I'm so glad we got the yard work finished!

• 2 weeks later...

Im just like you lillian its my first attempt to and its been such fun I love reading all the neat things on this site. I love the bus it looks so cool just makes me want to be more creative and do more miniatures.

I have a question...Has anyone received a confirmation email once they submitted thier entry pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com???? I sent my entry in about a week ago and I never received a confirmation email. I know reading the instructions on this forum it did not say you were to get one, but in the letter I received with my Spring Fling winner's workshop kit- it said they would email you a confirmation when they receieve the images usually within 24 hours???? I'm starting to panic and wanted to see if anyone else got a confirmation email..... :popcorn:

My pictures are taken and sent in. Mine isn't a workshop by any means of the imagination. I had a great time working on this one. Also is my first contest. Anyone else doing the HBS one in December?

I sent my pics in today. I hope they are not too large. Will I get a notice they were received, or notice they need to be resent in smaller size? I had a hard time getting the lighting right, but sent the 3 best I had.

Melissa

I have a question...Has anyone received a confirmation email once they submitted thier entry pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com???? I sent my entry in about a week ago and I never received a confirmation email. I know reading the instructions on this forum it did not say you were to get one, but in the letter I received with my Spring Fling winner's workshop kit- it said they would email you a confirmation when they receieve the images usually within 24 hours???? I'm starting to panic and wanted to see if anyone else got a confirmation email..... :popcorn:

I didn't get a confirmation either, at first, so contacted Dean. He said they've been busy getting the bus rolling to Ernie. I think if you submitted your entry and didn't get a message saying it had bounced or the delivery had failed, you can be sure they received it.

hrrrmmmm!!!!i would love to take part is this but some how even if i were to order one today i dont think i would receive it even by closing date :popcorn: GUTTED !..guess i have to just sit back and enjoy your entries.....GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE...MAY THE BEST MAN OR WOMAN WIN!!

The pics and the winners will be announced the first week of June! Goody. Some of will be back from our trip to Sturbridge and then we get more eyecandy!