Making a living

Anya

post-9-1138168004_thumb.jpgpost-9-1138168171_thumb.jpgpost-9-1138168251_thumb.jpg

this is our Milo.

he is very spoiled boy. He enjoys traveling and gets very mad at us when we are packing untill he sees his food going in a bag and his leash brought out..than he is Happy coz he knows he is going!

Italian Greyhound=very smart

if ya like I can make him pose for me tomorrow.

nutti :angry:

Jenn, I do make things to order, but I also swap my animals if people have anything I need. Lets say if I want a bag of coconut fibres or some furniture, I'll swap an animal for something else. I might put a chicken on ebay and put the link on here so we can all see how it goes hehe.

I make animals as a hobby and I doubt if I could ever make a living out of what I do because it is very tedious work and it can be difficult for me to part with my animals. I kind of grow fond of them. :angry: I do make, paint and distress the furniture in the cottage but I get the furniture in kit form from Jane Harrop.

I charge the following prices for my work.

Cockerels $21.49. I only just worked this one out because of the feathers and the time it takes putting them on.B)

Hens $14.32

Geese $14.32

Those are the animals I am concentrating on at the moment. The cockerel feathers are hard to get in the UK so I have to get them imported. No other feather seems to work out as well and I had the one I used by chance.

Dogs vary from $53.73 for x large dogs like a great dane to small ones like Pugs starting from $8.95. It all depends on what position they are wanted in. Standing dogs are the hardest to do so therefor they are most expensive. I have a set list for x large, large, medium and small dogs (and cats). If someone asks me to make a dog or cat and they are not bothered on the position, I make the least expensive pose which is lying down. I'd never make anyone buy my animals, if they weren't happy with the result I'd either keep them (gladly) or sell them on so there is no obligation to buy. And if I cannot make something I will let the customer know, but that has not happened as yet so I am always up for a challenge.:)

Lisa, I'm looking forward to the pics. I'll have a go at making an Italian greyhound, I know the type of dog you are talking about. Whippets are lovely too, mind you I love all dogs except pit bulls. :)

Sunnyray,

Just wondering if those ar Uk prices or Us. I really would love to see you try one of your birds on ebay. I think you will be suprised, i think you would make alot more than you were expecting. I love the background that you have photographed them in too.

You put so much work into your creations, i think you would see results. People selling those felted animals make a killing. Dont mean to push, i just think your work is amazing.

But who am i to talk i have lots of things i want to sell and i cant seem to get them up either.

Jenn

Sunnyray,

Just wondering if those ar Uk prices or Us. I really would love to see you try one of your birds on ebay. I think you will be suprised, i think you would make alot more than you were expecting. I love the background that you have photographed them in too.

You put so much work into your creations, i think you would see results. People selling those felted animals make a killing. Dont mean to push, i just think your work is amazing.

But who am i to talk i have lots of things i want to sell and i cant seem to get them up either.

Jenn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jenn, thanks for the encouragement. And will you please hurry up and put your creations on your gallery. B) Well I'll be making 1/24 scale chickens later so please spare a thought for my eyesight tonight. Hehe :)

Those prices are in US dollars.

I will put them in UK pounds too.

Cockerels $21.49 = £12.00

Hens $14.32 = 8.00

Geese $14.32 = 8.00

Then on top of that price is shipping which would be recorded delivery.

You can go onto universal currency converter if you want to find out more about exchange rates.

Lisa and nutti. The best pics for me would be profile, front and back if you want replicas of your own dogs, not to mention height. If you don't mind whether or not the 1/12 scale dog is of your own, I can find some pics of an italian greyhound in a book. I'm a bit of a dog enthusiast myself. :angry:

wenlaine, I'm glad you like the photos. I am going to add my heron soon. I made him ages ago but I never got round to giving him legs, poor thing so I'll be giving him a pair this week.

Jenn. What do you think my starting bid for the cockerel shoudl be on ebay?

I was thinking that if I put down a low starting bid it might have a better chance.

I might put one on there tomorrow. I'll pm you and give you a link.

Sunnyray,

I like the idea of starting low it always gets people bidding, you can always put a reserve on if you like. Im very excited for you, hope all goes well and you get a great price.

Ive been working on my diorama today, 1/6 scale, and painting in the house. Im working on taking some better pics of my stuff. My problem is that i have alot of projects started but not finished. Im trying my best to keep moviated and get this stuff up for sale.

Ahhhh,

Jenn O

Sunnyray, Jenn is right. Start the bidding out low and you will be surprised. I was amazed at how much my little spider stalking prey' book went--and there was a fierce bidding between two co-horts of mine! :angry: The more detail goes into your work, just add a couple of bucks to the original bid. You can always re-list it if it doesn't sell.

I haven't had time this evening to look for the photos, but I will. I might just take some new pics of Dee Dee to send you, especially the profile. And laying down is her usual post anyhow--- B) she's really just a big 65 lb. lapdog! She has her own toddler bed with matching blankets..... :) Bea was smaller--she was 55 lbs and I really spoiled her--she had little bee patches on her color. I will hunt for those photos, maybe put them in my avatar here.

Prices are pretty reasonable. If you let me know what brand of feathers you use--I can buy some here and send them to you if you wish, if they are hard to get ahold of. I have a supplier of ant sized feathers, in orange, yellow, black, white, etc. and also a little larger. you can email or pm if you are interested.

Sunny, here are some pics of DeeDee in her poses, I had forgotten you could post pics here in the forum. She is what is termed a 'fawn' brindle. These were taken at Christmas with the family, I will get some better ones that show her coloring better. :angry:

post-83-1138242070_thumb.jpg

post-83-1138242108.jpg

post-83-1138242150_thumb.jpg

Please ignore the US price list I posted for the animals that I make.

I did not realise that the exchange rates vary (I am new at this ) everyday, so I could end up overcharging or undercharging. I can only give prices in UK pounds from now on, but if you ever need to check out the exchange rate from USD to UK pounds you can go to http://www.xe.com/ucc/.

Sorry about that.