1/13/06 Friday the Thirteenth

LPCullen

today is my oldest sons Birthday...he is 21!

he was actually born on a sunday.

no superstitions here. but we have always let the kids rent scary movies and have friends over on any friday the 13th.

but not this time Im tired of other peoples kids at the moment!

Have a Great day!

nutti :lol:

Nope, I am not Superstitiuos either (Did not even notice todays was friday the 13th :(.

For 4 years straight I hated the date May 13th (The first one started on a Friday) because multiple bad things seemed to happen in my life and those that were close to me (This was when I was a teenager LOL). It stopped when I was 20 years old :lol: .

I wasn't superstitious, but things just seemed to go wrong that day every year till I turned 20 . :p The day stuck out in my mind because they were "major things" . :D Now "major things" happen anytime, no special dates required B)

Nutti, are there any good ones out? The last one I saw was War of the Worlds. That was scarey to me :(

well I tell you I really dont like scarey movies but the rest around here do.

the last one thet we watched was "The Cave" it was scarey enough for me!

my mode of watching these things with the family is big pillow to stick my face in till I get an "all clear"

mostly I try to be on the computer when they put one on.

I liked war of the worlds...not a bad movie.

nutti :lol:

I was born on a 13th too but I think it wasn't a friday. Naturally I sometimes have birthday on a Friday the Thirteenth so I don't have a problem with this day! :D And 13 is even my lucky number. :lol:

Well I definitely Am supersitions about Friday the 13th - it's my Lucky Day :p .. now watch me go out shopping today and wreck the car LOL - Murphy's Law :D

Seriously I always look forward to Friday the 13th - I also think petting black cats is good luck.. Yep "One of us is crazy - And I aint you!" B) :lol: :( (that's a quote from Larry of the 3 Stooges by the way ) :(

-David

Anne, that was a great movie! I was blown away at the end! The other one I really liked along the same veins is "The Sixth Sense". Haley Joel Osment is just soooooo adorable!

I'm "aware" of Friday the 13th but I'm not really superstitious about it. :lol:

Well Iam not USUALLY superstious but after the morning I have had I think I will become superstious.This morning my son decided to get Bart(dog) riled up to play before the bus came well Bart jumped on Bradley and scratched him in the eye I figured he would be ok seeing it was close to the bus to come. Well I got a call from school so went and got him and then took him to the drs who then sent up upstairs to the eye dr. Well it turns out that he has a abrasion on his cornea so he put a patch on it and gave him some antibiotic drops.

Lyn

I'm not at all superstitious because I'm a Christian. We also don't believe in blind luck, but do believe in blessings. We believe that everything good comes from the Lord. That said, I do believe in demons. They are a reality, but as a Christian I'm protected from demonic influences because of my affiliation with Jesus Christ. Christianity is definitely a belief in the supernatural. I do believe that numbers are important to God. Forty is one of the numbers that is often used in the bible.

I guess that's why I can sit home alone late at night and watch any horror flick without being afraid. I haven't yet seen War of the Worlds ... I'm looking forward to renting it on dvd and watching it home alone late at night!!

And on the subject of horror movies, I do believe in ghosts ... but not that they are the dead who have not left this world. I believe that when you've died, that's it for this world. You always move on to either eternal life with God or Hell. The ghosts are actually demons who masquerade as lost loved ones, or evil.

I hope that none of you think that I'm preaching ... I just wanted to share how I feel about superstition, and ghosts, and other things that go bump in the night LOL!

Susanne

Anne, that was a great movie!  I was blown away at the end!  The other one I really liked along the same veins is "The Sixth Sense".  Haley Joel Osment is just soooooo adorable!

I'm "aware" of Friday the 13th but I'm not really superstitious about it.  :lol:

I loved the Sixth Sense! I related to the little boy coz some of my best friends have been ghosts. :D

Friday the 13th has always been one of my lucky days and 13 is my lucky number. Its even the number on my race car.

I agree with Tracy that some days seem to have their own unique patterns tho. For me, it's April 19th. It's not neccessarily a bad day, but if there is going to be a cosmic explosion of any kind, that's when it will occur.

Deb