What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I just yelled at my husband. He says I never get anything done because I'm not organized. I should do house work from such and such an hour, store work from the next such and such hours, work on the cottage at such and such a time, make dinner, clean up and then I'll be finished. Yeah right I'm never ever finished, and every time I ever tried to schedule my day or week HE's the one who always wants mo to do this or that at his convenience. All he ever does is sit in the den in front of the computer all the day working on who knows what, because even though the plan was that he was supposed to do the day to day running of the business, I'm still the one who has to order everything, and find all the ordered items and pack them and email everyone that their stuff has been shipped and do all the business correspondence, some of which can get rather involved, believe me.

I have ideas for things to make and sell, but now he's saying I won't have time for that, because I'm just too disorganized. I wish to beat him severely.

Uggg He sounds like *MY* husband. I tell him I have an Artistic mind and I work as my bursts are artistic vibes flow :jawdrop: .......Men :(

Oh, my, Grazhina ... if I were in your shoes, I'd make up that schedule. And stick to it religiously, all the time smiling sweetly. "Oh, sorry, honey, I don't have time to do that for you. See, my schedule says I'm supposed to be ---. Maybe I can work it in in a day or so."

I'll bet his schedule rant will go up in a puff of smoke within a day. :jawdrop:

Here today it is Laundry day!! UGH...I also had to take the baby in for his first shots (4 in his little chicken legs :( ) I think there are about 10 loads of laundry (alex cleaned his room :jawdrop: )

We have been getting the basement and new office in order since my office was tossed in there by DH while I was in hospital in order to do the baby's room. You shoulod see THAT mess!!

Izzy has been a sick snotty mess, and today I am getting it and am expecting to have a needy baby once he wakes up from his immunizations. BTW, he is now 10lbs 10 oz at 2 months :(

Early tomorrow, DH comes home from work and he and ALex are off to the city to throw Alex on a plane to grandparents for the rest of his spring break and DH stays in the city to do union business arbitration hearings for the next couple of days so I am alone with the little ones.

Through all of this, I have been shopping and ordering and setting up my craft area once again in the basement so that I can get to work once everything arrives!!! :D

Oh, my, Grazhina ... if I were in your shoes, I'd make up that schedule. And stick to it religiously, all the time smiling sweetly. "Oh, sorry, honey, I don't have time to do that for you. See, my schedule says I'm supposed to be ---. Maybe I can work it in in a day or so."

I'll bet his schedule rant will go up in a puff of smoke within a day. :(

That was my thought, as well! :jawdrop:

I had a whole hour and a half of 6th form this morning then me and my friend went into work for food and somehow i managed to fall asleep on the sofa for 2 hours!! when i finally woke up a friend came over and we went and had tea and scones at a cafe and generally girly gossiped and caught up :jawdrop: then spent all evening making my step grandads birthday card and doing coursework :(

the library was a ZOO!!We never did catch up on requests, shelving, phone calls, and just general cleaning up the stacks after patrons go through them...

I'm home alone for about an hour, (thank you kind Spirits of weary mothers). I'm cheating with a grocery store rotisserie chicken and leftover scraps and a salad. If anyone complains, they can prepare the next meal. Jim and Kellan have headed back to the HS for a meeting. Christopher is in the art museum basement probably grousing about me not being there at portrait/figure group paying his $5 fee (and my own).

We still have some marvelous chocolate cake left over from Kellan's b'day sunday...humm, A glass of wine, a piece of cake might revive my creatively reheated leftovers ability.

Kellan's got an appt with the orthoped doc for monday. Not a medical personality I look forward to tangling with, but we are at wits end dealing with his chronic pain.

Golly ya'll! Wish you could see the beautiful sunset clouds through our kitchen windows! It was a really warm day and a front is coming through by tomorrow, so the sky is getting dramatic.

I feel so good today.

Yesterday, without me saying a word about it first, Chelsea said Thank you to me for taking care of her during her flu episode. Now to some that would be nothing. Most people do that anyway. No big deal. But Chelsea is the self centered sort, so for her to say that without provocation..that is a big deal!

I am waiting for the dr office to call me back about taking Natalie in. She cannot hear very well and the boogers are green. She is probably in need of medication.

It stopped raining and it is going to be a gorgeous day today. I am going to plant some per. seeds I have and maybe go out there and start deciding where to put what veggies in the garden.

Some plants shouldnt be planted next to others..bad veggie vibes! LOL

My tomato plants are sort of doing okay. Some have kicked the bucket but others are still growing strong. I am doing pretty well with this as a first timer. Never gotten this far in the seed starting business! LOL

I feel so good today.

Yesterday, without me saying a word about it first, Chelsea said Thank you to me for taking care of her during her flu episode. Now to some that would be nothing. Most people do that anyway. No big deal. But Chelsea is the self centered sort, so for her to say that without provocation..that is a big deal!

Yay! Isn't it great how little things that mean nothing to some people mean so much to others? It is wonderful when someone does something they should do, but wouldn't normally do without prompting.

We had guests recently and the airbed was still blown up in the dressing room. My clothes are near the entrance, so I had no problem getting to them, but Chris had to balance across the bed to get his. I did most of the work getting the house ready for the guests, and made the beds up etc, and just had enough to do. The bed wasn't bothering me, but I knew it was bothering him. But I left it. About a week later he finally got the idea to let the air out himself. I was so proud when he explained "well I was getting annoyed at it, and was (subconsciously) thinking why doesn't muriel put it away?? But then thought why does she have to do it? I could do it!"

Slowly I'm hoping he'll think more and more that way! And he does seem to be, he freely cleaned (most of) the kitchen on the weekend - normally only done after I've reminded him 10 times!

Things like that just make the day a bit (or a lot!) better!

Muriel :banana:

PS, the airbed is still on the floor with the air let out - I'm wondering when he'll finish putting it away :thumb:

PS, the airbed is still on the floor with the air let out - I'm wondering when he'll finish putting it away :thumb:

Baby steps. Sometimes it takes baby steps before they see the light. :banana:

You all make me feel lazy.

Grazhina, go away for a day - all day - and let hubby see what all does not get done. Then he will understand how much you really do. Although I really like Kathie's idea. Stick to the schedule and ONLY do what is on it. Oops, sorry, no time to make special desserts.

Back from the dr office, Nat has a sinus infection. Thankfully it didnt go to her ears. She is on cat medicine (amoxicillin) for a couple weeks. (my mom used to call amox. Cat medicine because they also give it cats for infections..LOL)

Thanks to Jerry, I am saving money on getting a new camera..Canon is fixing it for free. I hope it comes back in time for the Spring Fling contest..

Thanks to Jerry, I am saving money on getting a new camera..Canon is fixing it for free. I hope it comes back in time for the Spring Fling contest..

Wow, great news!! :banana:

part of my day.....

woman wanted 9 little chairs for an event. we had them on order and were waiting for them to arrive. The box came today, but instead of the 20 little chairs I ordered, I got 20 little chairs I didn't order. And instead of the 6 beds, I got someone's 6 coat racks. The 20 chairs and 6 coatracks are going back.

Then I opened the next box from another place. 7 broken items.

Oh yeah, I got a call from a supplier that my credit card got rejected. Turns out they had put in the wrong number, though.

I hope I have all the ingredients for tonight's casserole. I guess I could make chimichangas and tacos instead. I have a little refried beans for a side dish for DH and sonny and I can have red rice, taco filling is in freezer, but I'd have to take time to thaw some burgers and prep and simmer the chimi filling. Barely enough sald fixin's though.

I guess I'll have to go grocery shopping tommorrow before I take Jake to the dentist.

My brain is tired already....still have to finish the laundry, of course they made two more loads of dirty stuff in the meantime. I wonder if the spackle is dry on the little hearth. I've been taking pictures. One of these days I'll get around to posting them somewhere.

At least DH is checking to make sure we have no more broken minis in the last 2 shipments and tagging them.

Let's see...I'm being really lazy so far today...unfortunately that's how I've been a lot lately on my days off.....I hate med changes that make me loopy and lethargic at first!

I have taken a shower and gotten dressed....if you can call it that...yoga pants and one of Eric's old army t-shirts....My plan is to get caught up here at the forums, then go load up the dishwasher and make an attempt at starting laundry...if the sheer amount of it doesn't make me scream and run away crying! I also have to change all four cat boxes and collect all the trash for Eric to take out. Man, he's spoiled....his only regular chore is to take out the trash on Wednesday nights....then I occasionally ask him to do something small like empty the dishwasher or carry heavy things for me. I wish that he would sometimes take iniative and do some housework without me asking but oh well. He's wonderful and I love him anyway :thumb: . I placed my April Fool's order yesterday...getting the Adams, the Lily (to make for my SIL to be for Xmas) some books on making food from Fimo and a few BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP for my Spring Fling submission. I'm hoping that I'll get the gumption to work on that some this evening while the laundry is going. I wonder what is for supper tonight? Eric made homemade chili yesterday (his first attempt!) so it may be leftovers of that, or something else, not sure yet.

Eric and his best friend Nick recently got back into playing Everquest 2 (online fantasy roleplaying game) and they want me to go back, too. Still deciding if I want to or not...it may cut into my mini-ing time! :banana: so not sure what to do yet. We'll see, I guess. I will be working night shift for the next three days, and my plan will be to start organizing receipts and such for 2008, before they get too out of control. Have a great day everyone!

Ahhhh! There is peace in my house.

Nat is at school and Chelsea is off the couch..sleeping in her own bed. I have my nice quiet uneventful mornings back.

It has been a rough 3 weeks. to say the least.

I worked on the Spring Fling contest house yesterday and I won an important piece for the interior on evilbay..Shhhh! Not telling.

I am basically done with the exterior except I have to shingle the roof which I will probably tackle this morning. Then I have to start working on the landscaping. I have the interior kind of mapped out but there are going to be quite a few things I will be making to put in the house.

Must start thinking of what I have to do for a swap that I am joined up in. I have ideas but nothing solid yet. I have awhile to panic.

Now that my camera will be fixed or replaced..I can start thinking about what I want to do with the Pomeroy house. I want to document all the work and since there is no camera right now..I wont touch it.

The garden is calling me. It wants lots on Delphiniums in one of the front yard beds. I need to broadcast some seeds but I am waiting a lil longer for it to get warmer.

I also have to plant the squash seeds sometime soon.

Still whipped from the b.p. medication. Now is the time of year where I get alot of things done in the cleaning realm. I have no want to do it. I just keep looking at stuff..like the ceiling fans..and do not really do anything about it..LOL Maybe tomorrow.

:lol: Heidi, I know the feeling about "looking" at the ceiling fans - mine are HORRIBLE. I really need to get in the Spring Cleaning mode, rather than the "Spring Fling" mode - but as my Mom always says - "The dust will always wait for you" :) Boy, does it ever!

I'm hoping today that I can get my idea for this little shed "Fling" project together - this one has me in fits as it just has not talked to me AT ALL, but am determined it will become something. I think my biggest problem is trying to separate all the ideas floating thru my head - between the "Fling" contest, the Adams ideas, that pesky Ernie's sale (thankfully over!) the Bishop Show this weekend, and an annoying case of bronchitis - my brain has collapsed from all the pressure :blink::oops:

I have been working on my beacon hill today :oops::blink:

yayyyy i have a beacon hill :)

Sanded and wallpapered the hall/dining then i just HAD to test out the furniture placement :lol:

Linda

:oops: Heidi, I know the feeling about "looking" at the ceiling fans - mine are HORRIBLE. I really need to get in the Spring Cleaning mode, rather than the "Spring Fling" mode - but as my Mom always says - "The dust will always wait for you" :) Boy, does it ever!

Oh yes..I am in chronic Spring Fling mode. It may not win any prizes but I am doing my darndest to make it a eye catcher.

:) Oh I don't want to think of the coming week. ....

Have to write an email ...to persuade the company I'm going to do my pre-registration year with..... to send me to a different pharmacy

Finish writing up my questionnaire results for my project ....

Figure out what questions to ask in interviews for my project ....

I have OSCE's (Objective Structured Clinical Examinations) on Thursday ....

Done (waiting for reply)

Done

Partly done (waiting for someone to get back to me)

and done!

Phew! Feels like it must be friday afternoon, I've done so much! But it is only Thursday. Gives me an afternoon to do more house designing - fun stuff for a change! And hope that people reply to my emails so that I can get on with uni work over the weekend.

Muriel :oops:

Well, so much for getting anything *useful* like cleaning done yesterday! My best friend stopped by and we ended up going out to dinner and spending the evening relaxing and chatting, which was great fun, so it's all good. So far today, I went to staff meeting at work, went to the bank, and am now getting some bills and stuff done. Then I'm going back to bed to take a nap before work tonight...Will be working nights the next three days so i probably won't have time to check email again until Sunday, yikes! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Laundry, laundry and more laundry!!! Alex had to clean his room and play room before I would put him on a plane for the rest of spring break. That made 6-8 loads right there!!

I cleaned Izzy's room...3 loads with bedding and quilt. Baby is good for a load a day,( I am a couple days behind too) then there is mine, and dh's work clothes...and pet bedding...so I say again..today I do laundry interspersed with breast feeding and while feeding, one handed typing on the forum :)

I'm slowly working on my Diagon Alley Magic Shoppe. This is basically an exercise in working with different shapes ! Today I hope to put on the last of the stone siding. I made these with gray plaster & the Bromley stencil. When it's up, I will touch up the joints with paint & I hope you won't be able to see the lines.

post-1188-1207396401_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Love it Steve!

It is another dreary rainy day in CT.

Going to do some housework with the family..Teamwork!

I am also going to do some more work on my Spring Fling house. It is coming along. The item I purchased on Evilbay should be in the mail today..seller lives in NY.

I am in the mood to cook. The girls want me to bake cookies so if I am up to it I will make a batch later on today.