What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh I wanted to share the saga of the chihauhaus...They still havent found a home for them. I found out why the two dogs are not fixed though.

According to THEM, fixed chihauhaus get fat and their legs become stumpy. So they didnt have them fixed for vanity reasons! Can you believe that???

DS#2's chi was fixed at 6 months of age and her little body is sleek with skinny little matchstick legs at nearly 8 years of age (when they don't overfeed her!):

After we took DMIL home we stopped at Payne's Prairie State Preserve campground and paddled Lake Wauberg on Weds. We counted 20 alligators and heard several more "chatting" in the high grass; the trees were full of cormorants! In the afternoon we went over to Cross Creek; next time I'll take a couple of cameras and we'll go on one of the days they do tours, and I'll take all kinds of pictures! This house begs to be made in mini, probably 1:24. Every Thurs there's a local group of hikers who hike a few miles of San Felasco Hammock, and we joined them again this trip. We came home Friday and ran errands Saturday, including processing pictures of the new camper & some of our adventures I'll try to get loaded by tomorrow.

Yesterday we went paddling with our ACKC (Apalachee Canoe & Kayak Club) friends along a 7-mile stretch of the Econfina (ee-con-fine-ah) Creek N of Panama City (there's an Econfina [ee-con-feen-ah] River East of us) that's full of natural springs, so there's always water in it. DH & I discovered a much superior launching place to the one advertised & now everyone else uses it, too. Afterwards we all went out to early dinner together.

I washed a ton of clothes this weekend so i am all caught up with that. Couldnt use the clothesline though. It kept raining on and off. I washed the electric blankets and put them on the line and then 20 mins later a thunderstorm started. So I just used the dryer for everything.

Spring break for Natalie this week. I want her and I to tackle her room. At least clean out the closet. I will toss and Freecycle anything that we really do not need in there.

I promised that today I would re-color Natalie`s pink hair (it is fading) and bake some chocolate chip cookies. Since it is quiet this morning (Blessing!) I am going to work on the Spring Fling while I watch the morning news shows.

Oh! And my camera is going to be delivered today! Yippee! Pictures! Lots and Lots of pictures.

Hi all, I have an exciting week ahead. But I've spent the past week getting the house cleaned up. I leave on my trip to England tomorrow!! :angry: As often as I've done this I still don't like flying and tend to get quite anxious in the days leading up to the trip. But once I'm on the move I'm fine. I have a trip to a dollhouse shop planned and I will take photos. Take care all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a nice lazy Saturday here. Chelsea and Natalie are both gone for the day and Fred will be working so I will have the house to myself.

Going to make some butternut squash soup and I have pound cake, strawberries, and low fat koolwhip for later on.

Do not know if I will be able to partake on it though. I have been dealing with a stomach bug going on four days now. Hate it! Cannot get much done around the house..not even the mini house. I think I will work on some swap items and watch Sweeney Todd today. No yard sales for this gurgling tummy.

today my dad wants me to help him dig a small trench so the turtles cant escape from the pond again. He wants to get them out of the tank in the dining room and back into the pond since its getting nice again. Im hoping to get that done quickly so I can get back to what I estimate to be 4-6 hours of drafting homework due monday night.

We got The Wheel House back from the shop yesterday and so far it looks like the only thing they missed was one pair of window blind anchors (for the window over the dining table, one of the main ones I wanted them to do!). If we don't go tandem-bike riding today I guess we can start hauling everything back out. There's a totally useless little window, with valance & blinds, about 3' off the floor of the garage room that we decided was there for the fold-out bed that used to be on that wall. Since there's a window on the side (also fairly useless) and none for where the upper fold-out bed was, this lower window is good for absolutely NOTHING!!! and we'll have to remove the valance, blinds & hardware when we install the big storage cupboard that's going in that spot (the tandem bikes are going on the wall the other window is on). Sometimes I wonder what the people who design RV campers use for brains! I think no design ought to be approved for mass production until the guy who designs one has to spend two weeks to a month camping in his prototype before the company begins mass-production!

I am over with the stomach bug I was dealing with...thankfully.

I am cooking to make up for the lackluster meals we have had while I was down for the count. I finished making guacamole with blue corn chips. I have a chelsea friendly spaghetti sauce cooking on the stove and a small pot with sliced hot and sweet italian sausages in some of the sauce. Made enough to use for lunch tomorrow.

Lunch today is leftover acorn squash soup.

I have been kicking Fred in the booty. He has the task of calling contractors for the roof/gutter/fascia board work we will be having done next month. He hasnt called one place yet...Grrrr.

He also has figured out a way to save us some money. He wants to hire a painter to sand, repair, and prime the house..then that said person will paint the second floor front of the house over the porch and around all the electricals and wires. He says he has gotten scared in his later years to do that part himself. Then he and his friend (great friend!) will paint the rest of the house.

I have to start looking at paint samples to decide what shade of blue we are going to choose.

Today we move stuff back into the camper that we took out to get it worked on (NEW futon to replace the sleeper sofa that opened out into a wall-to-wall bed, among other things) so we can hit the road Thursday for a cycling/ paddling/ hiking weekend in White Springs, FL.

That sounds so fun Holly. So far today, I have replaced a screen on my sliding glass doors. My dogs decided to go through the screen instead of their little door on the screen. I guess it's time to get a bigger doggie door. The rest of the day (my day off) I switch between working on my QA and paying attention to my babies(dogs). They don't like it when I work on my house. They want all of my attention all of the time.

I just finished a bunch of homework. Now im searching for a car online ( B) unfortunately no scions in my area in my price range :lol: ). I have a class at 6. pretty boring day...

Anyone know of any good sites to find local cars for sale? I already tried craigslist, ebay autos, and autotrader.com. If ya do please PM me. B)

Today I packed the gnomes cottage up to take to the UPS store.

If I ever sell another house, I'm gonna let the guy at the store pack it. It took me hours, and I made 2 huge messes cutting up styrofoam, one in the kitchen, the other in the dining room.

Cars in Jersey? Dunno, I would guess there are more cars for sale in Jersey than you can shake a stick at.

Jeff ... thought of going to a Scion dealer? They have used cars, too.

I doubt they are going to have anything for $6000 and with my lack of job at the moment im in no position to take on car payments. If this had happened 3 weeks ago and I had known, a friend of a friend just sold a blue scion xb for $5500. Oh well what are ya gonna do?

Today I took my final class. I have completed the year of classes necessary for the clerical certificate. I have been looking for work during the past 2 months. There seems to be shortage of jobs available and 10.1% unemployment in our city. I am hopeful I will find a position soon. I am also adjusting to wearing the hand brace on my right hand when needed. I wore the brace constantly for 6 weeks, with little improvement. I took the brace off for the next few weeks. The arthritis is acting up more often now.

Melissa

I doubt they are going to have anything for $6000 and with my lack of job at the moment im in no position to take on car payments. If this had happened 3 weeks ago and I had known, a friend of a friend just sold a blue scion xb for $5500. Oh well what are ya gonna do?

Still, it can't hurt to check the dealers. Their business isn't all that hot right now and they may be willing to deal, especially off the used car lot. You know they didn't pay a whole bucketful of money for what they have. Tell 'em you have $5,000 or $4,500 or even $4,000 to spend and you want an xB. Leave your name and number. See what happens.

(I love haggl ... uhhhhhh, negotiating. Can you tell? B) )

If I can ever tare myself away from this computer I'm going to rearrange my work table so I can comfortabley work on the houses and miniatures. Sometime today I'm going to download email type spell check, so I can double check my spelling...lol. Besides that just normal housework, laundry ( that is if I can get my dog out of the basket, she's sleeping in it right now) dusting, something for dinner, darn forgot to take anything out of the freezer. If it ever warms up a little I might rake the last part of the lawn. But I'm not holding my breath on that one. Kinda of cold today. Than take a nap....lol

It is 7:30pm and I am all alone.. Helllooo? Helllooo? Hellooo?

Fred is at work and Nat went with Chelsea to a Buddhist meeting. They wont be back for another hour.

I weeded as I said I would. I also pulled out some lawn furniture and sprayed it clean, picked up some fallen branches, and contemplated the work we will have done on the house.

I worked at the job today...LOL yes I do this everyday but Im trying to participate here in some small way.

after work I went to see my mom...ran into a cousin who hasnt seen me since surgery and I had to speak to her first...she didnt know me....well she had the look of...I know that person but who is it? :kicking:

and than I went and washed my van....I did not drive through the automatic either

I dug out my .75 and washed it myself...quickly! tonight I am spending time with those precious grandbabies! didnt see them this weekend so Im missing them BAAD!

my mom said all the Aunts and Uncles are having fits to see me.(she is the oldest of 8) so Im thinking about making a trip to KC before memorial day to decorate my grans and grandfathers grave and see my other gran. I dunno we shall see...I may just wait and go memorial day to see them all when mom and I go this yr to decorate for that side of the family. we have our own family cemetary in a itty bitty town called Humansville that my great great grandparents helped with building.

I havent been to decorate in several yrs....I look forward to doing it again!

I wish I could say I have been doing a secret mini project but in fact I simply am to exauhsted most days to do more than think about it.

I think my next step is to start adding some sort of formal excersize to my routine....easy to do in the summer with the pool but for now I want to do something!

nutti :)

well, I went to do the laundry and found my dog sleeping in the basket. One of her beds (she has 3 throught the house) is in the laundry/bathroom/emily's bedroom-that's my dog)Anyway I soon discovered why she was in the basket instead of the bed. Someone (a doggie someone) pee'd on it. I'm placing my money on Bell the italian greyhound-Bell. She is still under 2 yrs and still has accidents in the house. I swear she was/is the hardest dog I've ever had to train. So that put the laundry behind a bit. Had to wash the dog bed first so she will have someplace to sleep. That's her special spot, her alone time spot. Than just normal housework, sweeping floors, making the bed (our bed, not the dog's) dishes, just everyday stuff. Than I did manage to straighten up my work table a bit. And went around the house and put most of the dollhouse and miniature stuff all together. Than dinner and more dishes. That's just about it. Watched some tv with my husband. He went to bed and I'm here for a few minutes.

I'm placing my money on Bell the italian greyhound-Bell. She is still under 2 yrs and still has accidents in the house. I swear she was/is the hardest dog I've ever had to train.

hun I own an IG and this I have learned....they are never house trained...they will always have accidents....

and never just let her out without her leash....even at 13 Milo still will get a wild hair and run off....as he has been to doggie jail once or twice he has learned to stay close to home. but every once in awhile he just has to RUN!

good luck.....we are wanting new carpet in the livingroom because of him but we wont get it till he isnt here anymore...because of HIM!

we love him...good thing for him! LOL

nutti :)

I am catching up on laundry today. It is a nice sunny day so it will be good to hang stuff out to dry. I wish I had another line out there so I could hang more.

I have to finish up my swap items and think about what to cook for dinner.

As May 1st is a national holiday over here (yay!!! :) ) both me and DH have been home rummaging around the house trying to get some order back so to speak... But we did venture outside despite the rain that is literally pouring down and went on a scouting trip checking out someo f the houses we are looking at possibly purchase/bid on... Will see what comes out of it though, not sure the interior is as enticing as the exterior...

Hugs

We are doing texture on our ceilings in the living room... and still searching for a job.! Have an interview tomorrow.! Hope all this paint & Mud will come off by then.!! :banana:

kellee