What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Allergies have kicked me in the rear end this morning. Sore throat..stuffy nose,, the works!

I have errands to run today so that will be all that I do today...LOL

hope u feel better soon heidi. ive been working like mad trying to get enough cards made for the awareness day sale im running out of ideas.

ive been working on swap items and am now done on that one. and ive been working on the spring fling project. it is almost complete just cant find one item which is driving me nuts and the doors r posing a problem but other than that it is done

Just went to the interview... I am so praying I get this job.. It seems like something I wil like.. it is a warehouse but very easy going.. jeans & tshirts are fine!!! WOO HOO!! No dressing up!!! :p They will call me back if they want me.. Please want me.!!!

I am going to clean up the living room, we made a mess yesterday. and start laundry.... and hopefully be able to do something dollhouse related.!

We have a ball game to go to tonight !!!

Kellee

Today was one that took off on its own. You know how that goes? Doesn't matter what you have planned, the day takes it over.

The thunderstorms had me up at 3:45 am trying to calm jittery JoJo the Wonder Chihuahua. Ended up in the recliner in the living room with him asleep on my chest, his head snuggled under my chin. This is the rescue dog who hates to be touched -- except when it's thundering! Finally got back to bed at 5:30 and up again not long after.

Lloyd got up wanting to go to La Madeleine for good New Orleans coffee and pastry. Unfortunately, it's a two-day drive from here. Sometimes it's a bit cramped living in a small town in the Heartland. McDonald's is the only place to go for a latté. How boring is that??

We drove into Sedalia, 30+ miles away and found a little European coffee shop/deli and had some wonderful espresso. Then went to a Cajun restaurant for lunch and had raw oysters and fried catfish with hushpuppies, beans, dirty rice and coleslaw for lunch. So, the good life is here. I just needs searching out!

We spent a good part of lunch discussing the possibility of renting a storefront and running a combined art gallery/miniature shop. I have to admit: this does not get me excited. I've been tied to a shop before. I'm too old to want to do that again, and to what end?

Afterward to went to our favorite hardward store (ACE Westlake), where Lloyd interceded for JoJo and got me a wonderful soft-sided tool carrier as a Mother's Day present, and a sturdy wagon for hauling stuff around the yard, plus a couple of saw horses. What a haul! :birthday:

Lloyd's now out in the back yard putting the wagon together and cursing manufacturers who don't ship items assembled. I'm lying low inside, so he doesn't start thinking about who it was who wanted the wagon. :p

I did get a couple of seams on the Spring Fling garment glued before we left, so I should be able to finish up today or tomorrow. I have to make one other vital accessory, but I think I've figured out how to do it with polyclay and a little paint, so it shouldn't take long.

There's a break in the weather coming this weekend, so I'll need to wire brush, prep and paint the wooden shutters that go across the front of the house. The plastic ones need to be washed and spray painted. All of the shutters were dark green. I'm changing them to black. The front door is going from green to red, and the house is getting a new coat of white paint.

I had a colonoscopy today. :birthday::p Still drowsy after taking a long nap. I have to say the prep was worse than the procedure!

I'm waiting on a cup of tea to brew and after i drink it i'll work on my Granville a little bit. i got the foundation reglued yesterday and today i will just sand the two floors that need it. I may start doing some laundry. so that is my day.

oh and i think we are having chinese for dinner :cheers:

Remember all that crazy uni stuff I had to do? Well today was the end of the most stressful/busy two weeks of my life so far I think!

Monday had to do a major poster and presentation on Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Tuesday supervisor looked at my final draft of my dissertation write-up. Spent Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get corrections and all the formatting right, and all the pages that need to be included - like abstract, acknowledgements, contents, tables list, declaration of originality, appendices etc... Thursday morning spent hours printing it and then got it bound and handed in, in time to revise for a nasty exam this afternoon.

They should realise by now that we would get more out of the seperate things if they weren't all due the same week! But yay, those were the last bits of coursework we had to hand in, now just lots of work for the finals starting in 2.5 weeks.

On the plus side, I got a fantastic 70% for my project presentation the other week. Very proud of that as I hate speaking in public! (It is only worth 10% of the project, but it is a good start :birthday: )

Had the night off tonight, and tomorrow I think I will try and do some shingling, before cinema and dinner out with friends from uni.

Muriel :p

Today I'm wire brushing and sanding the eight wooden shutters from the front of our real house. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny with no wind, so will paint them tomorrow. Also need to spray paint a dozen plastic shutters from the sides of the house. Here's hoping Krylon Fusion paint will work well.

Had some welcome but unexpected company yesterday, so the Spring Fling is yet to be finished. Not much to do on it except the hard part -- photographing it!

It is not allergies. It is a garden variety cold. Coughing up and blowing out colored mucus. Feel like I have been run over by a truck. This morning is better then yesterday.

Fred told me something interesting yesterday. He heard a conversation with a bunch of nurses in his department. They ALL have mice in their houses. We havent seen any since I set the traps plus the weather has been warmer.

I was thinking I was doing something wrong. We have lived here 10 years and I swear to you we would MAYBE see one in the house in the beginning of winter. And that was rare. This year I think MF has killed 7 that I know about. That is from last years winter start to now.

Just weird. Has anyone else noticed more mice the usual?

Going to take it easy today and have the family continue to pamper me.

Cold...allergies...cold...allergies.

I do not know but my head feels like it is gonna explode. I have taken OTC allergy meds but not much help..so I thought it was a cold.

Then the neighbors cut their grass this morning and I feel worse. Maybe it is a combination.

I have done nothing and will probably do nothing...but surf the couch! LOL

Need to get better pronto! I have a mini show to go to at the end of the month.

We got home yesterday from our latest trip, I think I have just one more load of laundry left to dry and almost everything is in from the camper except a few clean clothes (always take more clothes than you need!).

We arrived at the campground at Stephen Foster State Cultural Center in White Springs, FL, Thursday afternoon and watched the early arrivals (like us) so we could touch base with our Friday trip-leader; he ended up camping in the second space from ours.

Friday morning after breakfast we met with the two other people who showed up for the paddle and we drove to the upper park entrance at Itchetucknee Springs, which is the headwaters of the river. From Memorial Day until after Labor Day it's shore-to-shore tubers (there's actually a daily load-limit of how many people allowed on the river!) but we didn't see any until we stopped for lunch at the lower park take-out. Because there were only four of us & we'd pddled together before we decided to continue down the river to where it flows into the Santa Fe River, and head West to the next take-out at the US129 bridge. We wound up with a nearly 10-mile paddle, most of it through water clear as crystal and full of huge "eatin'-size" mullet. We got back to the park as the caterers were serving supper. This year they hired a new caterer and I have already made a suggestion for another way of doing the food. Supper was tacos, with a choice of hardshell or softshell and tough if you happened to be a vegan.

Next AM we popped over for breakfast on our bike/trike and there was NOTHING we could eat; we're both on the same medical diet, very similar to the South Beach diet (without fat) and all they had was cold cereal, instant oatmeal, fruit & bagels. We rode our lactose-intolerant butts back to the camper where I cooked egg-white spinach omlets and turkey bacon breakfast, and then we spent the morning riding a 24-mile loop through the back roads enjoying the wildflowers. DH bolts a "slow-moving vehicle" triangle to the back of my tricycle and motor vehicle traffic goes around me. When we got back we were starved! and headed for the food tent where there were three trays of sandwiches: p-jelly, meat and some kind of salad. There were trays with lettuce, tomatos and cheese slices, and some of the meat sandwiches were on whole-wheat bread, so we tore through a couple of them and stomped mumbling off to the camper for showers and naps. Supper was slightly better Saturday; the caterer advertised they were a BBQ house, and finally they served BBQ chicken with salad, yellow rice and black beans and some sort of wimpy boiled veggies that I guess was the best they could do for our vegan folks.

Sunday we gave up, ate breakfast in the camper and rode our tandem bike out to Big Shoals and hiked the one-mile trail through the woods to the shoals on the Suwanee River. Then we got back, ate lunch and watched everybody leave. We stayed on until yesterday.

Monday we went over to Jacksonville and spent the day, we found three thrift stores and a dollar store and our friend Ron Chamblin has opened his second humongous used bookstore downtown; so I carefully cleaned out every book he had on dollhouse miniatures that I didn't already have.

We're home until a week from Thursday or Friday, and then we're off again to Albany, GA, for the Georgia Tandem Rally; and I'm campaigning to spend the rest of the following week at Georgia Veterans' State Park at Cordele, on Lake Blackshear.

I love reading about your escapades Holly, they just sound so wonderful! Money's non-existent with us, and we're moving in June, so I just follow your trips and enjoy them until we can afford a little get away of our own. Thank you!

Muriel :groucho:

Today I'm feeling better. My pneumonia was aggravated by using spray varnish in the bathroom! No more doing that or sanding with my new DeWalt orbital sander in the house either! My coughing is finally responding to my medication because I'm not varnishing or sanding! The hacking debilitating cough is going away! Finally!

Our snow is very much gone except for two huge piles - one on either side of our porch steps! They were about 9' tall and now are down to just taller than me, and I'm 5'2" at last count. But they are disappearing as it is pouring down rain here right now......

I'm glad to see winter going. It's been harsh here this year and difficult due to some health issues for both Doug and myself. Even Princess has been depressed!

Anyway I feel pretty good today with far less coughing, and I may even make up a HOM kit or two as I'm now in the mood to mini! Or saw! Can't make up my mind!

Holly, I so envy your trips! I wish I could kick Doug in the butt so we could so some trips too! But he's not in the mood for traveling right now. He has to stick close to home.

Money's non-existent with us, and we're moving in June, so I just follow your trips and enjoy them until we can afford a little get away of our own.
Between our little bit of a pension from the State (we're both retired State employees) that mostly pays our health insurance/ prescriptions and our Social Security (?now THAT's an oxymoron for you!) and a little bit we scraped together over the 40+ years we worked we manage to live at the same level we did before we retired. Our kids' "inheritance" will be wild & crazy memories, because I doubt there'll be anything left when we're gone; but we don't have any debts and we live simply & frugally. In the US there are all sorts of "senior" discounts available (especially campgrounds whose names end in "...State Park" or "...National Park".

The weather is beginning to heat up here so I only spent about an hour outside pruning, I'm fixing to go flop in front of AMC or Discovery Health and stitch 1:24 stuff.

.......Our kids' "inheritance" will be wild & crazy memories, because I doubt there'll be anything left when we're gone;........

I think that is absolutly fair enough! You worked hard to earn the life you have, and why be miserable saving when they will be earning their own money?

:groucho:

I am ready to burst into tears... still no job, and temp agency does not have anything right now. Cannot afford to have the surgery done on the pup... Everything just seems to be going straight downhill.! I am praying for no rain this weekend, hoping to be able to do a yard sale. Have about 100 resumes out and still putting in applications. !

I really wanted to work on one of the dollhouses this week but I just cannot make myself do it.!

Kellee

Aww Kelly, try to keep your chin up...there has to be something out there for you. I know it is rough when the only answers you seem to get are "no" - seems a shame that you are someone who actually wants to work, and there are so many who "work, but couldn't care less about it" :w00t:

Hope you find something very soon and hope your pup will be OK :groucho: Sending you hugs!!

Chris

Ahhhhhh! Relief..

It is raining today and my allergy symptoms are almost gone. Halleluiah! I thought my head was going to explode. I even went an bought Claritin D..the kind you need to buy at the pharmacy counter with an ID. That didnt even work. I have a doc appt in a couple weeks so I will be asking for something to help me that is better the OTC.

So this morning I am making pancakes and sausage links for breakfast for Fred and I. My appetite went bye bye while I was dealing with this. I have lost quite a bit of weight. Going to keep it off and continue. My pants arent cutting off my circulation anymore..LOL

Going to finish my swap items (i have been staring at them for over a week) and make a call to another contractor to get a last estimate on the roof.

Tomorrow we get our rebate, so I have to go pay off our loan and make arrangements for the next one. All that should be said and done in 2 weeks total. Then I can get the work done on the house.

I think I am going to brave the rain tomorrow and go to a plant sale I go to every year. I am not going to spend alot of money..Going to bring $20 and spend only that on some fabu perennials.

We're going shopping at the hardware store for the storage unit and pegboard to fix up the "toy hauler" room in our new travel trailer. If one of us remembers to do it before we leave I want DH to call the outfitter to see if his new kayak is here yet, and we can take them for a test paddle tomorrow or over the weekend one day.

It is cold and damp here between rainstorms. I should be out in the yard preparing a nice bed for the herb seedlings I started in little peat pots, but it just doesn't feel like gardening weather. Maybe I should clean up the craft area. Now that the workshop is finished. I can bring the Adam Creole Cottage back to the worktable.

We spent a lot of the afternoon at Lowes & Home Depot, and we got the storage items we need for the camper, and DH repaired the handle on our back (sliding glass) door. I found some lovely, fairly good-sized formica samples.

On the way home we stopped at our local resale shop, and while the owner had DH looking through some old coins (he's a neumismatist) I found a partial pack of "craft plastic" that's perfect for dh windows, and some scenic wallpaper that's 1:1 but the design will work perfectly for 1:12, that the woner let us have in return for DH's coin-sorting.

Well, I finally couldn't deal with my "cold" anymore feeling so lousy so went to the doctor and was told the cold is actually bronchitis so got a couple of shots and prescriptions and hopefully will be feeling well enough to get DGD to help me with her Van Buren while she is here this weekend.

Run around yesterday, with youngest DD to get DGS to dr and he has strep throat and running fever up to 104, so between feeling lousy and working and worry about DGS, I'm worn out today though. Will go in a little while and crash and watch CSI.

'Day off' today and taking the day off tomorrow for the second 3 day weekend this month! Tomorrow son #1 graduates from USC!!! Hooray!

Today I'm cleaning closets, taking donations to the thrift shop, laundrey, groceries.

Peggi, watch that running around. Get yourself strong first, dear heart!

Gayle, congratulations to your son and the proud family who backed him!

This weekend we're attending DD2's freshman chorus concert, a HS graduation party, baking a cake for said party, shopping for clothes for an upcoming California trip, going to the opening of an exhibit of African sculpture at Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical gardens. That's today and tomorrow. Dunno what Sunday may bring. Maybe utter collapse! :)