What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Peggi,

I think I may be in the same boat you are in..Ugh! I called the dr office to see if they can either get me in today or on Monday.

The coughing is worse at night..Fred had to prop the headboard posts up to give me some relief. My poor poor bladder...LOL

I paid the loan off this morning so we are well on our way to getting the work on the house done. Another contractor is coming later today to give an estimate.

Fred does not have Mother`s Day off but he has today off. If I feel up to it, we are going to go out to dinner tonite. I am going to rest today..hopefully get into the dr office, and take it ez.. Definitely no movies for me...That would be horrendous.

I am a bit mad though..I wanted to go to the plant sale today :) ..It wouldnt be smart to go running out in the cold (55 dg F) and rain today to pick out plants while I am still under the weather.

After breakfast I went out armed with the lops for another yard session, today I attacked the suckers arund the pear trees and the section in front of the house until heat & humidity drove me inside. I tried again, weeding, but had vertigo problems. I shall be SO glad when the cardiologist takes me off the stupid BP med!

I've been stitching on la casita's mini-rug, but think I'll crochet some more poinsettia motives this afternoon and give the loupe a rest!

Okay..I am really sick and tired of being sick and tired. Not only do I have coughing and yucky head but now I cannot eat anything. Fred made me toast and it made me nauseaous. I tried to force some down my gullet because I do not want to have low blood sugar. I couldnt even enjoy my pasta dinner last night..(homeade spaghetti with meatballs from this yummy place called Paul`s Pasta). 80% of my meal is still in the fridge.

I think this is going to be a rotten Mother`s day weekend. The plant sale is today too and I still feel like utter crap! Whatever this is went to my ears so I have a *meneire`s* like feeling when I walk around so driving is a no-no.

They couldnt get me in to the office yesterday. Fred is working today so he cant take me to the walk in clinic.

I havent gone grocery shopping so there is no food in the house...well there is but the girls wont cook it.

I know I am whining so just ignore me..I am just really tired of this...Going to go back on the couch now.

Well if the girls won't cook whats there, they'll have to go hungry! You're not eating, so you shouldn't be made to cook it :wave: I hope you start feeling better soon Heidi!

Is there another plant sale you could go to when you're feeling better?

Muriel

Yes there are Muriel but it is just that I love this one. They sell antique plant varieties and heleobores. Very hard to find those anywhere else around here. I go every year so to miss it bothers me. I will survive it though..LOL

As for those two..yeah they will survive too but will I? I could be upstairs dying of thirst and no one will check to see if I am still in the here and now.

And this is after I took care of the two of them when they had to flu. I was whining to Fred. He has a cold and I soo want him to stay home from work today. He never calls in sick unless he is at death`s door. I could beg him to the ends of the earth and he wont do it...

I just want someone to pamper me today. And clean the house..LOL

Exactly, you looked after them so well, only fair they do the same back! Hmmmm, you need to get a bell, and then just ring it until someone comes to see what you need! It'll annoy them after a while ringing (though it may annoy you too :wave: )

Hellebores are pretty! I will participate in your frustration at not being able to get to the sale! Grrrrrr!

I have one call to make today, One company called and I need to schedule an interview with them...

I am working on the basement.! I just put about 50 kids books in a box for the yard sale !! and several board games we dont play anymore... tons more to go thru and get rid of.! Then I am moving the basement around so the boys hve a play area and I have a dollhouse area.!! Have been wanting this far too long.! SO much stuff to go thru and get rid of.!

Kellee

Semester was over Thursday, graduation yesterday, and job hunting tomorrow! Don't know when in the world I'll be able to get back to working on my buttercup.

Good luck with the interview Kelly!

Congratulations on graduating Jessika!

Today I started off with revision this morning, then had a nervous two hours during the final game of the premier league season (UK soccer), which finished great (I support Manchester United, who won the league :flowers: ), and then it was back to revision while catching up on the Formula 1 Grand Prix.

I have my pharmacy building project beside me for the short breaks between revision. I've made the shelving and compiled the paper 'dolls' with the lecturers faces. The printer ink ran out this morning, so won't be able to print them til we get more black ink. The box is slightly smaller than I want, so I've had to put a few of the lecturers as if they are through a door (just pictures of them with a doorframe around), but should still be ok. Forgot to get a computer when i was at HobbyCraft, so will have to go back I think. Sadly they didn't have a till, so not quite sure what I'm going to do about that. Then I have to make lots of containers with labels to put on the shelves. Hopefully find some shop printies for things to sell too.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and is safe from the tornados we're hearing about on the news!

Muriel :lol:

Feeling a bit better today but not 100%. Fred and Natalie cleaned the kitchen and made me breakfast.

Took the girls to the bookstore for a bit and then the grocery store. They made dinner for the three of us. It isnt what some consider a banner Mother`s Day but I enjoyed it. They all know I am still under the weather and didnt push me into doing anything I wasnt feeling up to.

took my mom to Applebees for lunch. She has become a nonstop talker on the subjects of: her heart/blood pressure/divorces of cousins/ex-wives of my brother/her inabilty to eat anything except chicken fingers from the Kid's Meal section of the menu (though she reports this may take her several days to finish the leftovers). She is fine for age 90 healthwise, but has come up with so many ways to be obstinate/self centered and cranky, that it's hard to pretend to enjoy the visit with her.

Had a strange moment as I sat in her living room listening and trying to knit through it. I glanced up at her chimney mantle and noticed what looked like a piece of old paper hanging down slightly from somewhere behind the mantle but between the brick surround. I went over and tugged it down and out of it's hiding spot. It was a thank you note my Mom had written to a neighbor in 1960 for meal they had delivered after the death of my dad. He was around 40 and died of cancer when I was 2 and the youngest of three kids. The note had slipped down behind the mantle undelivered for all these years. I guess it reminded me to be more patient with her at this age.

Oh Gayle, isn't it funny how life has a way of reminding us of so many things...I too get very impatient and aggravated with my Mom's increasing "surliness" and aches and pains, etc...but then I have to stop and think about when she isn't here anymore, how much it will bother me. Lord knows, I will always hear her voice in my head.."You need to do this, and why haven't you dealt with that...", but when she is gone, I will probably miss those very things that irk the %^$* outta me now. Heaven help my son if I live to be 80 - and he thinks he has it bad right now? :lol: :flowers:

And Jim even has screen and keyboard seperate - which is what they are at pharmacies i've worked. Thanks Anna. Think I'll get the keyboard bit from Jim and the screen i'll make out of a wood block with picture.

Muriel :lol:

Well one can always find a lot of neat goodies over at Jim's :lol: as for me and doing today.. Got a box in the mail today with the throne for Her Highness Egyptian departement so took a few pics and added to my blog and now I am hoping to ba able to do a second coat of the spray paint on my cash register before it starts raining...

Hugs

We took the canoe out on the Ochlockonee River and paddled three miles upstream, until we came to a deafall that completely blocked the river, so we turned around & paddled back and stopped at Sonic for mocha java chillers (YUM!!!) My major complaint is our wooden paddles; I have put in an official request for aluminum "T"-handle canoe paddles with fiberglas blades; but I'm willing to do another trip using our kayak paddles, first. Tere were three motorboats out fishing plus two men fishing from the banks, and the only one catching anything was the young man fishing from the bank next to the launch ramp; he was fishing for bream but catching bass!lol

After supper I'm going to curl up and work on another poinsetia motif.

Tomorrow, being the second Tuesday, we'll run errands in Tallahassee, eat early supper and go to our Florida Trail Association meeting. Wednesday is a pack-the-camper day and Thursday we hit the road for Albany, GA, to attend the Georgia Tandem Rally. Short trip, we're boarding Mellie at the vet (her Frontline no longer keeps fleas off of her) and coming home Monday so we can present a brief program next Wednesday on how to plan camping trips that include biking paddling/ hiking on the cheap (see? it isn't just miniatures that I'm the Begum of Cheap!).

My house is a pigsty. I have been sick for over a week and it shows. It is going to take me that long to get it back to normal..Ugh!

I am definitely..positively going to finish my swap items today. They have to be mailed out on Friday. Fred and I have/had plans to go to NYC with our friend and his new girlfriend but I think my sickness and the weather (rain forecast) will nix our plans.

So today is swap and slop!

here's the day for me...

Get Hubby siome breakfast before he goes to work

Throw in a load of laundry

Get cleaned and dressed

Get everyone up for breakfast and school

Thaw out chicken for dinner tonight,,(Smothered Chicken and Rice)

Sit down and work on business projects

Go buy new camera batteries

More laundry

Help with school lessons

Get dinner

More business projects

More laundry

Go to bed

Hope no one went to sleep while reading this! :insane:

Debbie @ uneekdolldesigns

http://www.uneekdolldesigns.etsy.com

I think today I will clean up my craft area and try to get it somewhat organized for the next project. Still undecided which one it will be...would love to start the Glencroft - since the weather is nice, it would be perfect to sit outside and sand, sand, sand all those edges :insane: :glare:

I am going to keep busy today !!

Clean up the living room,

laundry,

Zach has a play tonight so I have to figure out how to use the video camera.

Drop off Timmys project for school, (no Pictures, my camera wont work)

Clean out some of the basement,

Sit the San Fran on a table so it will start talking a little more ( I think it is depressed)

Pierce is sitting on the table (Pouting and wont talk to me)

Clean up Zachs room

Clean out Timmys room ( it is a disaster area)

Get the Bear rugs out and put eyes on,

Find a place to post them for sale.

Well, that should take care of most of the week!!

Kellee

Thanks Kathie and Muriel for the congrats!

Wasn't feeling great yesterday, so I took a day off to rest up and went out job hunting today. Tomorrow it is a day to finish a stuffed animal commission, then Thursday I will tidy up my room and my desk. Depending on how long that takes, I'll either tea stain my wallpaper for my Buttercup Thursday evening or Friday morning.

After getting the wallpaper done and into the Buttercup so I can quit worrying about wrinkling it horribly, I'll have to get on to trying to use up the contents of my fabric and jewelry making drawers by making things to put up in my Etsy store. I got in to UGA (*happy dances!!!*), I need to sell off as much as possible so I don't have to move it all to Georgia!!!

I took pictures of miniature furniture...miniature furniture..miniature furniture..miniature furniture..miniature furniture..then I got to do cool stuff like make dinner after wich I must now write descriptions of miniature furniture..miniature furniture..miniature furniture..and do laundry.

I also had to avert a miniature miniature crisis, but everything there is ok now. :)