What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'll probably lay on the couch again for most of the day watching movies. I may work on the Westville for a couple of hours tho.

This upcoming week I'd like (i hope to) work on minis more :banana:

Take care of yourself Marg!!

The kids and myself just planted 2 rows of snow peas. Now I just need to catch my breath! Then later tonight, I may get to work on the Newberg, Hillsdale, or the Adams. :banana:

If another person asks me to drive them anywhere at anytime this weekend...I am going to commit murder!

Drive one to east bum (you know what) to a cookout, drive another one in the other direction to another cookout, drive Fred to work early, Oh pick up the first one, pick up the second one and take her to a bonfire, then pick her up again and take her to the beach to meet the first group she was with...then in 2 hours I have to pick up Fred from work.

Geez.

I hate my city at night especially in the summer. There are alot of ummm not so wonderful people roaming and driving around.

I did treat myself though. I went and got myself a scoop of ice cream on a sugar cone and ate it in the car.

Yesterday we paddled and today I'm washing up the laundry and we're moving from DS' back to the camper and leaving in the AM, so we shall be mostly offline for the next month or so.

BIG thunderstorms forecast for the morning. I am a scaredycat when it comes to them.

Other then that..I am going to clean, read, and cook steak.

spent yesterday with Miss Pixie in the pool...today starts the getting ready for work tomorrow stuff

like gas up the van and buy groceries and do the laundry

its not glamorous but its something to pass the time...LOL

Heidi I feel for you about being TaxiMom I played the roll for many years when all 3 of mine were home before they started to drive.

but with only one kid left and she is driving our old minivan...I do not have to run run run....and I feel very good about it!

I wish I had time for all of the things I would like to do but its something to look forward to.

safe travels Holly!

nutti :D

Back home again after having spent a long weekend at my PILs which was such a nice stay. As hubby has had his share of work (like Mondays through Sundays) for a while this was a great break for him as well as he actually turned his cell phone off...

As my MIL had got a mail from one of the shops we usually buy minis from with a summer sale we did indeed take an advantage of that, so I got some things to look forward to when we do get home from our Greece trip. Only one more week and we will be on our way to the island of Tilos 1,5-2 hours boat trip of Rhodos.

So I have the laundry doing one round and that is done and on the drying rack, tomorrow another load and then I will start the packing preparations for next trip. Takes a little more planning LOL

Mr LE Arthur is a little pouty that I left him allllll alone the whole weekend, but I assured him that I had thought about him while away and shopped a little for him as well so I think he is OK now...

Still need to catch up around here....

Hugs

BIG thunderstorms forecast for the morning. I am a scaredycat when it comes to them.

Other then that..I am going to clean, read, and cook steak.

Yum what times dinner? You always cook yummy stuff Heidi :D

Well, I woke up around 6 and was really sore so i took a pain pill. Woke up again at 9 am. Played on the computer for about 30 minutes, fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 1 pm. Jeez. THis isn't me, I can't stand sleeping that much.

So after i eat my sandwich, It's time for Westville!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement to rest your guys :yinyang:

Holly, have a fun trip :D

Anna, I'm excited for you! Have a wonderful and safe vacation!

Just got back from putting oldest daughter on the plane to go home. She was visiting us over this past week. Have to go out and pick up some branches and downed small trees in the woods on the side of the house from the heavy rains and lighten storms we have had over the last couple of nights.

Enjoy your adventures Holly, I look forward to your stories when you get back.

I've not done much at all today. had a late breakfast, then read my book. Took Chris to a pub to meet up with some of his course mates to plan a session for a 'gifted and talented day' the uni runs. Then as it was such a nice sunny day I drove back along the seafront, stopping for an ice cream along the way. Incredibly windy, but lovely and sunny. Finished my book at home and then had supper and watched Juno with Chris. Now I'm feeling a bit bad for not doing any packing, so might just do a little now.

Muriel :D

Lloyd and I drove Gabi to Missouri Girls State this morning, then continued on to Powell Gardens, a lovely botanical garden SE of Kansas City. I think I mentioned previously the outdoor exhibit of 54 amazing stone sculptures from the artists at Chapungu, an artists' cooperative in Zimbabwe. The gardens offer the perfect background for the sculptures, some of which are up to 10 feet tall. It was breezy, mid-80s. We strolled the gardens, stopping often on convenient benches in shady nooks to watch the geese on the small lake and enjoy the beautiful island across the way. Then we continued on through the woods (wonderful bold brook tumbling down numerous waterfalls) and onto the island before crossing back to the educational center/gift shop/cafeteria.

We've been there several times since the exhibit opened the beginning of May. There is a tent set up with smaller sculptures for sale. Today we bought one. Didn't have checkbook along, so put down a deposit and will pick it up next Saturday, when we go to pick up Gabi. It is about 24-30 inches high, a 3/4 figure of a mother holding her infant child, called "Proud Possession." It spoke to me from across the room/tent. I kept going back to look at it. I finally looked it up on the catalog list and discovered that it was by Bryan Nyanhongo, an artist we had met on a couple earlier visits. :D

Along with the exhibit, several artists are on hand, giving stone carving demonstrations and running workshops through the summer. Lloyd and I spent some time talking with the artist about his art and life in general, which makes the piece all the more meaningful.

Eventually, we hope to install it with a water feature of some kind, but until that gets worked out, she will have a place of honor overlooking my herb garden. St Francis probably won't mind being moved. At least I got him out of the front yard, so he won't have to worry about dogs peeing on him, and we'll find an equally nice place for him.

Photos next week. :yinyang:

Today I'm hanging loose and working on the canterbury. Made some faux beadwood paneling out of cardboard. I'll install it in the parlor when it dries. Painted a hunter green (dark green I mixed).

Tomarrow I get the first part of a stress test. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I need it but I just don't want to take it. The laast year has been full of hospital visits trying to stablize my heart rate. This stress test will hopefully tell me how my arteries are.

Hope for the best.

Storms werent too bad today.

Marg, yeah I make up for the days when I am not in the mood to cook. After watching Top Chef and they had the tomahawk steak episode I finally learned how to REALLY cook a steak. It was perfect pink all the way thru.

Sliced potatoes into thin quarter slices, fresh string beans, vidalia onion sliced thick. All that was put in a baking dish and covered with a sauce of maple syrup, soy sauce, dijon mustard and garlic. Covered it all in the sauce. Put foil on and cooked at 400 deg F for 25 mins. Stirred and put back in without foil for another 25 mins at 350 deg F. Stirred and cooked another 15 min and it was done.

Added vegan entree for Chelsea and we had dinner. (Tempeh,baby peas, and pear with a vegan mayo, wasabi powder and lime dressing).

I think it was all those years of my Mom giving up on cooking and me having to eat bland dinners. I heard the stories. She was a fabulous cook in her heyday. I refused to eat that way again. I guess I inherited the gift of food.

Just got done paying the bills.

I'm pretty excited about today. I make my first foray into the world today! Guess where I'm going?! Walmart! I'm actually excited to get out of the house and go to walmart, can you believe that? :o

surgery was almost 2 weeks ago, time has gone by fast on one hand and VERY slow on the other hand. I need to see people. I need to get out of the house! I'm not 100% yet, but i need this little excursion. I also need "things". It's time for a shopping trip, i'm out of toothpaste and lots of other stuff. I just really need to see people. It hasn't felt normal being at home all day, everyday. It hasn't felt normal to sleep so much either. I refuse to take a nap today! I'm sleeping my life away.

I think I have 3 more weeks before I go back to work. if not that, pretty close to it. :) I am going to work on minis more in the upcoming few weeks.

On a yummy note, I think we may be having chicken wings for dinner. :yum:

Yay, aren't you excited about my life? lol.... :D

Marg, yeah I make up for the days when I am not in the mood to cook. After watching Top Chef and they had the tomahawk steak episode I finally learned how to REALLY cook a steak. It was perfect pink all the way thru.

You're usually cooking something yummy. I say usually because one time you were cooking liver and onions. bleck..yucky :o

LOL to the liver and onions.

It is very humid today. Well it is humid enough to be affecting me. Sweating like a **** in church. It is only bothering me because I am the one doing all the work.

I have laundry going, made lunch (burgers on buns) and I have some nice blueberries I picked up this morning. Going to freeze most and make muffins with the rest.

I am not putting the AC on. No one else is complaining so it will save on the electricity bill.

During last week I applied at 74 places for a job. Not one interview. I applied at 4 places today, the air quality is pretty bad due to the hundreds of fires surrounding me. I hope to make at least 75 job contacts this week. For the past 2 months I have averaged 8 job contact per workday. I think I will need to increase it.

Melissa

Fred has an appt at his GPs office tomorrow to figure out what is pain in his chest is. Gastro doesnt think it has to do with anything he handles.

So of course I started making myself busy to keep my mind off of it.

Our air conditioner in the livingroom is leaking from the front...Grrrr! It is a huge one (8,000 btus) so we will have help getting it out of the window if need be. Tomorrow I am going to have Fred clean off the top and poke the holes underneath to see if that will do it. (i would do it but I cannot reach) I cleaned all the coils on the inside and straightened some of the crushed ones. If that remedy does not work, going to have it taken out of window and I am going to take the housing off and give it a good cleaning. I have to go to the store tomorrow and buy some de-greaser. Clean every nook and cranny (I have instructions), let it dry, and see if that does the trick.

If it doesnt, I will have it serviced. If I cannot fix it...it will probably need to be replaced. But I think it is just dirty.

I did service the two smaller ones today. I put them in the girls bedrooms and they are working fine. Of course the dang thing has to act up when we are going to be in the 80s starting tomorrow.

Yes..I can fix (?) air conditioners too. LOL Usually this is a *man`s job* but as Fred said in our house there are no Man jobs. LOL

Since I was up to my elbows in ac gunk..we had chinese food for dinner.

Keeping fingers crossed as well as sending positive thoughts your and Fred's way today!

Oh and I do hope that you did get the AC to behave as it ought to! But then again, a nice chinese food dinner isn't to bad either :)

Hugs

Packing the bags, trying to decide whether we are going to have tacos or BBQ, all depending on the weather... We have had a few thunder and lightnings earlier today and then came the rain, right now grey skies and no rain, so going back and forth...

Hugs