What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

The hammer is falling. I talked to him about my options. He felt that I havent exhausted my possibilities yet to even think about surgery.

My dr is...shall I say was overweight. He has lost about 40 lbs and he shared that he has the same eating problems that many of us do..Oreos are good even though we know they are not.

He is giving me 3 months..my next checkup..to lose 15 lbs. If I have lost it great..If I havent..it is the needle for me.

He feels that the incentive of not going down that road yet will keep me away from the double chocolate ice cream.

Not condescending at all, he was where I am. He knows I know what I have to do..just have to implement it.

So no junk food..OMG! Halloween!..okay I am serious..no junk food or over plating for me.

Another day at work...over now and i have tomorrow off! i'll probably work on the Granville some more! getting very close to finishing this project!

i've been very busy reading this past week and a half. my coworker introduced me to a vampire story, it's by Stephanie Meyer and comes in 4 different books, each carrying on the story. I'm about to finish it off tonight. I have been obsessed with reading! I'm just thrilled to find that it will come out as a movie in November! Looks like it has a great cast as well.

Marg,

Natalie and her two friends were in the car yesterday trashing this movie. I had no idea what they were talking about until you mentioned it again and I looked it up.

Looks good to me..kids know nothing! LOL

Major thunderstorms on the way today.

I washed the dog, washed dishes (not at the same time), and I am working on the iTouch that we got for Natalie`s birthday. It was majorly dead and I wanted to see what real condition it was in before I paid Fred`s friend. He lowered his price to $100.

It is in great condition. Just a few scratches on the back of it. I got all the pictures out of it. Not touching the music. Nat can synch it to her iTunes when she gets it.

Now I have to get the wireless router for the computer. She will want to play with all the doo-dads on the iTouch and you cannot without WiFi. Plus I still want to hook up the old PC upstairs in my room. Going to clean it out and just use it until it dies. It is halfway charged right now. I will have to hide it in a couple hours so she doesnt know.

We told her the girl changed her mind! ROFL

Going to make squash soup today. Have to roast the squashes I bought at the farmers market in a bit. Better do it now before the storm starts.

Still have free hbo! It will probably get disconnected tonite.

Who watched The Fringe last night?

Chelsea and I loved it. I didnt even flip channels during the commercials.

Nice autumn chill in the air this morning. Going to make my first trip to the Cider Mill today (LubbockTX we have to make plans!)

If I have the energy I am may start weatherizing the outside of the house today. I need to cut down spent flowers and caulk the outside of the windows (that I can reach..LOL)

Going to call for first fill of the season for the oil tank..bracing myself on that one.

I will not worry too much anymore. I have the appointment in 2 weeks for energy assistance and people that I have talked to are going to get at least a tankful of oil. That will take a little pressure off of us this winter.

I am going to see if the stores have started selling electric blankets and electric heaters yet.

If you have a Christmas Tree Shop in your area...Paper garden bags are $1.99 for five. I pay more then that elsewhere so I am going to stock up!

Stealing away from serious work tasks for a few minutes....

Snet in my application for the course that my bosses encourage me to do, will see what comes out of that though, not many open spots..

Other than that, work is taking up way to much latley, will have to be more strict on when it is play time or work time!

OK, venting done, I feel better! :blink: Might even get back to work refreshed LOL

Hugs

Our cable box died a horrible death yesterday so I exchanged it for a new one...When you get a new one, it takes a few days for it to sync with the cable company computer. So we get ALL the movie channels for free. I am watching the movie Burnt Offerings with Karen Black right now.

Tomorrow is the festival Chelsea helped work on. Have a big tub of garbage..i mean recyclable art supplies for her to bring.

Hope it does not rain.

I do not know what is for dinner...I have a headache..Do not know if I want to cook or not.

We just got home from another road trip, this time we left the Weds after Labor Day and camped at St Joseph Peninsula State Park for a week. No hurricane Ike, lots of lovely sunshine (I wear 50 spf sunscreen) & not so lovely skeeters, and a couple of wonderful dinners of Apalachicola Bay oysters. We went paddling in the bay Thursday and I noticed I was having some problems with my right leg, particularly my knee, getting out of my kayak; we spent the afternoon on the Gulf beach, shelling. Friday we spent the whole day at the beach in two sessions. Saturday seemed like a good day to ride bikes, and I did the five miles from the campground to the Nature Conservancy land's gate, then back to the front gate of the park and back to the campground on my recumbant road trike. DH rode on over to the end of the bike lane at Cape San Blas & back, more like 17 miles; my knee & leg were just too tired. Sunday we went shelling the other direction. It's jellyfish spawning season and they were washing up onto the beach in loads, so we didn't go in swimming.

Monday we thought to go paddle across Indian Pass to St Vincent's Island to shell, but the current was really fast with lots of chop & we decided not without a group and went shelling at the county park at the start of the peninsula. I had to be extremely careful of how I moved, by now I wasn't able to tolerate any weight-bearing with my right knee bent; really nasty stabbing pains shooting down to my knee and at times it felt unstable, like I might just fall over (I already have balance issues, so this is something I avoid at all costs).

Tuesday we hopped on our wheels and started out and by the time I'd gotten to the turn out of the campground, less than 1/4 mile, I had to get off & drag the trike back, limping; everytime I pushed down with my left foot, making my right leg fold up, it was like someone jabbing red-hot knitting needles into my right knee.

We went over to FL Caverns State Park at Marianna this Weds for the last two nights to attend a special event last night to view a series of Clyde Butcher's photographs from the aquatic preserves featured in the documentary film "Living Waters". The cinematographer and the incidental music composer were both there and gave really great introductory info, and the film was outstanding.

We spent yesterday AM touring the caverns again; this time it was just us & a ranger tour-guide, and there was only one tow-people tour 45 minutes ahead of us. For the very first time we got to meet some of the wee little cave bats who liive there, most of them hanging from the ceilings, fast asleep.

I'm going to the doctor Tuesday to see what's up with the leg.

Holly -

Is this the first time that your knee has given you trouble? I hope everything will be all right. Maybe you've pulled a muscle or strained a ligament or something. I really hope its just something that some ice and rest will heal.

Hugs

-Susanne

Hoping you just have a bit of a crick and it will be easily taken care of.

Today was the I AM Festival here in New London. Chelsea is in charge of the community mural. People can sit under the tent a paint on canvases that will be hung. Does not matter your level of talent. I even participated.

Nat and her friend are there to collect volunteer hours..they will each get 6. I have to get them at 6pm. That is when the art part is over. The music is until 11pm..and then Chelsea is going to the after party so I think Fred or I will be staying up late tonite..unless she gets a ride.

Raining in mid Minnesota today. I'm so thankful. We had a drought htis summer and we are 6-8 inches short of moisture for the season. I canned 12 pints of salsa and am now going to go organize my craft room. Hmmm I think it will take more than one afternoon to accompish anything. I twisted my r knee a year ago and Thursday I did it again so I am not doing anything too strenuous. When it happened I was out in the garden and I could hardly hobble let alone walk. My first thought was I would have to crawl to the house, but then remembered I couldn't get down on my knee so thought I would have to scoot on my butt. Fortunately I made it up to the house using a shovel handle for a crutch. rita

I have pulled the Laurel and Primrose out....haven't a clue to what its going to be right now...at least I have it out....and thinking of what I can do with it...I'm back...and glad to be back...I'm still dealing and coping with alot...but at least I'm back into minis....

The I Am Festival was a success and the rain stayed away all day and night. They didnt get washed out. Chelsea (and her crew) were able to get 5 of the six large canvas` covered with paintings from festival goers to make a community mural.

Nat and her friend each earned 6 hours of volunteer time to add to what they have to accomplish before they graduated.

There was indie music from 12noon-11pm. It was a scream seeing what kids wear these days..The stores must have ran out of Crisco so they could get those pants on!

Chelsea was beat, she never made it to the after party.

Here is something I am proud of...Chelsea had to make a logo for the Yamfest she was part of in the summer. The logo was supposed to be just for fliers that were going to be distributed at the local high school. Well the Yamfest people decided to use it for the logo of the festival itself.

At this IAM fest they had screen printing on t-shirts and alot of people were buying the shirts with Chelsea`s logo on it! (just the girl part not the words)She thinks they are going to want her to make the logo for next year. She even did graphic design for a groups flyer for their show.

Okay, enough of my gush on my kid.. :)

I am back to work on the Glencroft Garden Home. Measuring and cutting for the wood floor in the bedroom. I made a bed already and I figured I had better find a place to put it. Here it is.

Instead of the brown carpet you see in the pic, the floor will be wood. I found the fabric in the scrap bin at Walmart. Made off with a haul that day too. :) I can't believe how lucky I was to find the coordinating fabric. Curtains and a window seat cover are future projects for the fabrics. We have a cookout to go to today, so I may not get much time to work on it. Last one of the season, so I am told.

Judi, i love the bed!

Yesterday i spent a good portion of the day working on the granville...got the staircases put together then put in, the railing up and i got one coat of polyurethane on everything. Today I hope to get the interior completed! I just need one more coat of poly and then install all of the door knobs. The interior will be finished! i'll post photos under my blog later. So I will just need to put trim strips over all exposed edges on the exterior, varnish the flat part of the roof, finish painting then install the trim thingies and the house will be done. Still undecided over my next project. i'm thinking either getting back to my Foxhall or starting on the Garfield.

Outstanding job on the bed!

I tried the Ace wrap first thing this AM & couldn't stand to put any weight on the leg. After resting it (without the Ace wrap) for an hour I painted some foliage stems and worked on the second baby afghan. I wish that the kids could have told me sooner they were expecting again, there's only time for two layettes!

It's still raining here in mid-MO ... can't do yard work, so I worked on some minis this afternoon! I pulled out some Michael's hutches and am doing them up as Pennsylvania dutch cupboards. This is the first mini work I've done in weeks. How nice it is to be back in the craft area again. :)

This is my inspiration piece.

Sorry it's so blurry.

Darrell and I are on vacation. We are spending 9 nights in silicon valley. Friday we drove down to San Jose and checked into our hotel. Saturday we got up early and drove to Santa Cruz to go spend some time at the boardwalk amusement park. I had so much fun there. They had an older carousel with brass rings you toss in the clowns mouth. I had never ridden a brass ring one. I caught one of the first rings to come out and tossed it right into the clowns mouth LOL. They also have an 84 year old wooden roller-coaster, that was fun but a very bumpy ride. There was also a kite festival on the beach that was fun to watch. Today we went to Great America's Amusement park. It was great, lol. For some reason it was pretty empty. we easily walked into rides with very short lines. We rode assorted roller-coasters all day, sometimes getting off and walking back to the entrance just to wait about 5 minutes to get back on again. Also rode on the top section of a double decker carousel. Tomorrow we plant to rest, but may walk to a nearby museum.

Melissa

Eye appointment this afternoon, so errands. DH brought my hiking stick in from the camper and I'm getting around MUCH better today! so I can take all the clean camper gear back out after breakfast & put it away. Work some more on the second layette afghan.

Didn't get to work on my house all weekend. Had people over, then I was sick again. I haven't been well lately and I'm thinking it's probably stress, nausea/headaches/chills/my skin broke out. So I made an appt at my doctor for this afternoon. byebye lunch break! Hopefully though she can help me. I'm tired of not feeling good.

I DO NOT want to get into a political discussion....

I just wanted to know who saw the season premiere of SNL last Saturday? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were a hoot as Palin and Clinton.

If you didnt see it, you can catch it online all over the place. I do not usually laugh at the SNL skits anymore but this one was good.