What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

All my days seem to run together these days. It's the usual around here; wake hubby up at 4:00am, nudge hubby at 4:15am and tell him he's going to be late for work, yell at hubby at 4:30am and tell him to get his butt out of bed! lol Get daughter up at 6:00am for school, take daughter to school at 7:15, drive back home. Take dogs outside to do their business, go to sleep for four hours, wake up, do household stuff, figure out what we are having for dinner, fix dinner, do dishes, take dogs out to do their business, watch a little TV, work on crafty projects, wake up hubby at 4:00am............and the cycle continues. (sigh)

WE stop the mail & start loading the camper for our upcoming trip and I spend the rest of the day washing clothes. Everything stops for the 'Gator game (also the 'Noles, if it's not the same time) and I can stitch on the 1:6 princess dress.

This morning I am building a built in kitchen for my Willow. I think I may not have quite enough wood, but I'll do as much as I can anyway! In fact I think I need twice as much as I've got. So I'll just do one side of it, the other side can wait until I get back to Hobbycraft mid November.

I'm listening to The Invisible Man while I work away. It is a good entertainment and I'll have to try and source some more free audio books that I'm interested in.

Made pancakes for breakfast - Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup! Yummy. Like them best with a bit of bacon/turkey bacon, but didn't have any today.

Lunch will be stew - made it thursday night so better eat it today I think!

Emptied the dishwasher earlier, so will have to put the few dirty dishes in it, and have loads of laundry to do.

Mini-ing is first on the agenda though!! :p

Rainy day today but warmer. It is in the 60s this morning.

Going to go in a bit here soon. I am going to teach my friend the fine art of covering windows in plastic. LOL

Well, today my kids went to their bowling leauge and Ihave a few minutes with my quiet youngest. Tonight I am hoping to get some work done on my mothers walk in closet room box. My hands are killing me from bending all the paper clips into hangers. Hopefully I will get it done in time for her. I still have to make all the clothes. And then maybe if there is time I might actually get to the Beacon Hill. It has been screaming at me since I started the room box. I guess I have been negleting it. I put my bay windows on a couple of weeks ago and I haven't done anything since then. I am using the excuse that I have to get the paint for it and Ihaven't decided on my colours yet.

UPS just brought the new (bigger) transformer for the Adams. I'm heading out to the hardware store in a minute for some caulk for cracks in cement (our patio and basement stairs have small cracks .. don't want them to get bigger from the expansion of winter ice in them). This afternoon I'll work on the Adams. Tomorrow I'll work on the cement. It's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow for outside work. I know I'm rationalizing, but . . . :p

Well this AM we hit the PO; one box will be a "Surprise!" for the recipient and the other one has some "extras" in addition to what the recipient is expecting. Then I worked on the petitpoint dress panel whilst watching the 'Gators take apart Kentucky, who played as if some of the KY team had bet money on FL...

I think I need to bake some chicken thighs in BBQ sauce for supper.

I had to work from 6 am thru 12:15. Then i went grocery shopping. Came home and had lunch. now i need a nap :wave: just a short one will do. i have to start laundry, there is too much to do. i hope to find some dollhouse time this weekend. i'm itching to get started on the Glencroft.

Economy. Blech. I have been picking up overtime as much as possible here, and so has Eric...unfortunately, it is rare that our schedules coincide. I think for all of October, we've spent maybe one or two days together :wave: . I also don't have a lot of time for minis right now either, which is making me even sadder! If I didn't have y'all to give me eye candy, I don't know what I'd do!

What am I up to today? Ran out of windows to dress on the Beacon Hill! Check out my blog-- here's the parlor, with the light finally working (had hubby scratching his head and breaking out his voltmeter and extra transformers, when the lights mysteriously did not work this a.m.-- figured out that the 12V transformer is a bit flaky...)-

The only bad thing about making curtains and draperies and pelmets and swags for a house is that at some point, one has to stop... :wave: More reason to start another house soon...

And caseymini, if you're watching, thanks for the swag-n-jabot tut! Here's what I did with it:

Hmmmm, trying to cinvince hubby a quick visiti to his parents is in order today (MIL has got an order of mini goodies and a sheet of plywood that I am going to use for the bash of HH kit....) bit he isn't really buying it (yet) ... We'll see :rofl:

Other than that another grey and drizzling day here.

Hugs

The sun finally peeped out here and a cold front with it! Perfect for running supplies for the trip out to the camper. I doubt very much we'll get online this trip, so after tonight I'll see y'all in two weeks, if not.

It was gorgeous out yesterday and same for today. I taught my friend how to put plastic on the windows. We ran to a Harvest Baazar and I picked up some cranberry bread..Mmm!

Going to slice it for breakfast today and make some french toast.

I think I am going to go out and rent the steam cleaner today. We have to do all the carpeting for the party. I let Fred be lazy these past two days. It ends today. LOL

Nat is trying to figure out what her b-day present is. Annoying!

Not cold one bit here. I think someone is on my side. Going to be gorgeous like this until the middle of next week! We will get our first oil fill and I will fire up ole bessie. She is going to be cleaned the 2nd week of November.

Speaking of cold, DH mentioned that the predict snow ( :rofl: ) Friday... THe trick or treaters might have to change plans LOL... Hmmm, perhaps having hot cocoa instead of cocoa boars??? :whistle:

Hugs

Speaking of cold, DH mentioned that the predict snow ( :rofl: ) Friday... THe trick or treaters might have to change plans LOL... Hmmm, perhaps having hot cocoa instead of cocoa boars??? :whistle:

Hugs

I wanted to ask you something. I read somewhere (always reading) that in Sweden there are decorations on sidewalks. Some of them are for love to come, some of them are for negative outcomes. It said that residents of your country always watch where they are walking. They avoid the decorations that they do not want to come true, and touch their foot to the decorations that they do want to come true.

Is this correct? If it is..I think that is neat!

It rained all day yesterday & I didn't get much done. First thing today I need to finish mounting some new lights on my truck & after that, back to my dining room remodeling job. I would really like to get this done so I can get back to my minis !!

Heidi...Can I come up for some french toast ?? Somebody just sent me a big can of maple syrup & that would go good with french toast !!

Steve in PA

My days weeks go by so fast any more that I dont even have time to think! The girls have swim lessons and gymnastics 2 a week on top of work. I havent had any time to get my minis out but Iam hopeing soon. I have been trying to re organize my small 3 bedroom apartment to accomadate my family of 6 now and that is a quite the work out. That is what I have been up to on top of working full time as well.

I am totally amazing myself at how the crossstitch chart is working out in petitpoint on the dress front! I just hope the dress turns out the way I "see" it in my mind. I'll have to gather up the pattern pieces and my sewing box to take along to work on.

Gonna work on laundry today. i'll probably work on the Garfield some....well maybe not I think i'll work on the Glencroft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at a place on the Garfield where i need supplies. no money for that at the moment...so i wouldn't be able to get very much done. so i might as well work on a big project! ...not in the mood to finish the shingles on my Westville. Of course i could work on reorganizing my miniatures in the basement....come to think of it i do need to go thru a couple of kits to inventory them....okay, that is what i'm doing today. going thru the basement.

Marg, would love to help out in the reorganizing of your treazsure trove aka basement! I too am at a standstill with the houses as I need this that or whatever to be able to get to next "level" so to speak, hopefully by Wednesday I will be able to go to the nearest mini store (that is in Denmark apprx an hour's travel from here with the ferry from our neighbouring town...) All depending on weather that is...

Hugs and have fun discovering, sorting and "play" with the kits!

Had a backed up sewer pipe into the basement bathroom last night and we spent most of the evening cleaning that up and finding a plumber who would come out and fix it. Today we went to the DYI store for some water sensors to alert us when water starts coming up again. Still need to go down and use my steamer on the floor and clean out the shower now that the last of the water has drained.

I have not had a lot of time for minis for a while because of all the ups and downs with our boxer Rockie and his long slide with cancer. It was pretty draining both emotionally and physically both before and after he went to the Rainbow bridge last month. On top of that our female boxer had some worsening heart problems and we have been back and forth to the vets trying to figure out what was wrong. Thank goodness she seems to be responding to the medicine and is nearly her old self.

Now have been looking to get started back on building Elrond's Library. I found a wire tree form for Halloween decorating at Walmart that is the right size for the oak tree on the terrace and once I get all the tortured twists out of it I will start sculpting the trunk on it in paperclay. I should be picking up the sconces from Judy Andrakas down at the Philly show this next weekend. They are LEDs and it seems like it has taken forever to get all the bugs worked out. That has been the main holdup since I need to have them in hand before I can complete the walls etc.

We have a foster pup that is adjusting well to us and I think since he and our Molly are now getting along so well we will keep him. He is an older dog and is a really sweet one but boy does he cling to me. It will be a while before he really relaxes and lets his real self shine. Wiggles are becoming very apparent so it shouldn't be long.

Hopefully I can finally begin to look forward to my minis and the Holidays!