What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Today will be a busy day LOL will have to go and fetch the goose thast we ordered as that is tomorrow's dinner with my PILs at my PILs' so we are bringing that along with us when we drive over there later on today. So I will soon have to start the prep work for a weekend away, and I have planned to bring my LE Arthur along with me so that I can put in the flooring planks that my MIL ordered for me and which has been sitting at their house for a couple of weeks :) now (guess who has been pacing huh???) Need to load a load of laundry and do some other chores around the house as well berfore we go though so I suppose I need to put away the poinsetta Christmas rug I have been having fun with the last few days, it is soooo close to getting done, yay, more or less just three parts of the border left to do as I am filling in the last inch in the middle at the top so therows are pretty short...

Hugs

Went out for a nice curry with some of my work colleagues.

I LOVE a good Northern Indian Curry. Yummy.

Today is the day. Everyone has RSVPed. I have a list as long as my arm to do today starting at 7am. Today is the last day of the Farmer`s Market. Going to miss the organic local produce until next Spring. Chelsea will get her last half gallon of blackberry juice until then also. She is bummed. Loves that stuff.

My stomach woke me up early. I do not think dinner last night is sitting very well in my gut. Too late for Mylanta..LOL

Half day at school, laundry, crudite plate to make, regular grocery shopping, salvation army with chelsea, etc.

All the kids will be here around 5pm.

Should I feed them before trick or treating or after? Wondering when I should get the pizza.

Ugh! My stomach!

*i do not have a virus...just a temporary case of ibs*

No fun with an upset stomach Heidi, take it as easy asyou possibly can though with all the prep work for tonight, I know the girls wil have a lot of fun! Hmm, as for when the pizza, it all depends on how muuch you want to get, prior their trick or treating = larger pizza :) I think

But might be better as to even out the sugar rush...

Hugs and have fun, I suppose I better get cracking, I think the laundry is almost ready to hang in a little while, then I need to do the "fetching" run for the goose... Hmm, might better check that I have a shelf in the fridge to put it on as well as we wonät be going over until a little later in the afternoon.

Oh booo, our dishwasher has stopped working. Don't know what happened, but it seems to have stopped just after the start of a cycle (Chris turned it on and didn't notice when it stopped yesterday) I opened it today and there was an inch or so of water in the bottom, and the stuff was wet, but not washed and clean. So thought maybe it stopped when we had a power cut, so turned it off at the switch and turned it on again. It won't let me change the cycle, so I just left it on that cycle and closed the door again, and it made its noises. Then about an hour later I checked again, it had stopped and it is very hot, but the water is still there (I checked the little basket thing that catches dirt, and it is clean) Tried turning it off and on again, but it didn't start again. Hmm, it just beeped like it beeps when it is finished, will go have a look...

As we speak 6 teenagers are sleeping in my living room. There is an informercial on the tv. I do not want to turn off the tv because it MAY wake them up. Last night at 1am Fred rolled over and told me that this was the LAST slumber party EVER..ROFL

Some of these kids have really big mouths..even at 1am. I had to open the hallway door and flick the lights to let them know to knock it off. Now I am cleaning up and on the computer...giving them a taste of their own medicine so to speak.

Want to hear something sad? We got ONE trick or treater. ONE!

Chelsea just left for a trip to Boston today..Buddhist convention. I am waiting until later to go out with my friend to church bazaar. I will make some bacon soon and then I will leave.

LOL

They can make their own toast and eggs.

I complain about the noise but they all had fun. They trick or treated, ate two 24 piece pizzas ( :nana: ), listened to music, played board games, and watched scary movies. It was a successful party.

Going thru the spare bedroom. I want to get all halloween village items moved to the basement so that they are in one place. i'm going thru my scrapbook and craft stuff that is in that room. i'm reorganizing the dollhouses that are in there as well. i have too many. i hope to move more up there (from the family room). i need to get to my loveseat that is down in the family room so that i can move it up to the living room. there are too many dollhouses blocking the way! i want to reclaim my family room as living space, so eventually the houses under construction will be built down in the basement. i'm tired of looking at dollhouse after dollhouse under construction and not having any decorating/living space. There is just so much i need to do around here. Taking my lunch break then i'll carry the village stuff to the basement and start moving completed dollhouses into the spare bedroom. Anything i'm not using currently will be moved to the basement for now. I'll just have to start going thru everything a little at a time.

My mother died last week at the age of 87. She recovered from stomach cancer 2 years ago, but never totally regained her strength, so when she started to develop other problems she just got weaker, then they found that the cancer had come back. She kept saying she just wanted to get it all overwith, and didn't want to bother with trying to go for more doctor's visits or medications. If she'd continued, she might have lasted a few more months, but the pain was getting worse and she was getting less and less capable of taking care of herself, and she really hated that. It was making her so unhappy.

My sister was the only one of us still living in Philly, so she was the one who took care of everything, and she did a wonderful job. My mother finally agreed to move in with my sister last week. I flew down there on Thursday, my brother had gotten there the day before. Thursday afternoon the hospice nurse came to tend to my mother. She said she was still remarkably strong, although she no longer seemed totally aware of everything, and she thought she'd live another two days, and to give her as much morphine as needed to try and keep her comfortable. She then told us to leave the room while she changed mom's colostomy bag and cleaned her up. As soon as the nurse was done, mom died.

It was a relief to know she was wasn't suffering any more, for indeed she was, though she wasn't the kind to say much about it. The nurse said she'd never been at a passing quite like it. She said it seemed as if mom was waiting to be cleaned up before she left this world, and that evening, as we talked about old stories we'd heard, and mom's habits, we agreed that it would have been very much like her to want to be sure she was clean and tidy before the undertakers took care of her.

I wasn't going to mention any of it, but I've been getting the feeling that if I just said a little something, it'll be better. I've gone over how it would be if she died for a long time, especially since the cancer, so I was ready, and it was ok, which might sound strange to some, but others know exactly what I mean. I've always been one to deal with things that pained me, settled with them, then closed the door and continued on. I need to be able to close the door and continue. I find myself weirdly distracted, often saying one thing when I meant something else, which is something I might do at any time, but I've been doing it too often the last couple weeks or so.

So anyhow, I think I'll feel more like my old self now. Sometimes it helps just to say some things and not keep them in, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, that is.

I really hate the word catharsis, because it's become fashionable and used to death in the media, but that's what this is.

I was tempted to use the emoticon that dug itself a grave and said goodnight. Mom would have laughed, she and I shared the same weird sense of humor.

Did everyone remember to FALL BACK their clocks last night?

I woke up at my usual 6am..well MF woke me up cause he tummy was rumbling. Then I looked at the cable box clock and it was actually 5am! It is 9:23am right now. I feel like the morning should be almost gone but it is not.

I have to go around and change all the clocks that did not change themselves last night.

I went thru the halloween candy. 75% is going with Fred to work (hehehehe) 25% is for us to nosh on. I tossed two of my pumpkins and have a few more to go. It is cold out there this morning and I am not ready to face the cold..Brrr!

Want to cook something nice and filling today to warm up the house. Too late to defrost a whole chicken. I do have a pot roast though. It is small so it will not take long to defrost.

Make that with some gravy, potatoes, and carrots. Mmmm! Ooo! Beef Stew! That even sounds better!

Going to work on the E. Row trim today (maybe) after I get some housework done. and change the clocks.....

We are back home again after a lovley weekend with my PILs. There were no trick or treaters at all coming to the door :) ... Might have something to do with the chill in the air though as we did wake up to below freezing temps yesterady as well as today.

I had brought along the LE Arthur and have put in some flooring materials in three of the rooms, will have to sand it and stain it but I am liking the looks so far. No pics just yet though as it is getting pretty dark outside allready! Time to light a candle or two and take out those warm socks and a blanket...

Hugs

Grazhina, sorry to hear about your mom. Its sounds as tho so is at rest and in peace now.

Well, what to do today? there is a ton of more cleaning to do. i think i'll make it a mini day tho. it's rainy and drab outside so i'm also leaning toward a book reading or movie watching day.

Well I introduced my prospective PILs to Pumpkin pie. They weren't convinced when I offered to make it, but were willing to give it a try. They came back for seconds :) Oh I do like pumpkin pie!

So just had fantastic sunday roast lunch, we've packed our stuff to go back home, and will now watch the Formula 1 Grand Prix before heading home. It'll be a late night I feel!

So sorry to hear about your Mum passing away Grazhina, sounds like you were there for her though which is a good thing.

Muriel, I bet your cooking has changed some ideas huh??? I would love to try making a pumpkin pie for "real" and not just out of fimo LOL someday....

Forgot to mention earlier that I did get some stiching done on the Christmas carper with the poinsetta pattern, just have three borders left to do before it is finished, yay! Then I also got to bring the plywood sheet home with me, and I will have a lot of fun with that I am sure!!!

Hugs

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the plywood Anna!

We're back home, and should be doing a bit of work and then heading to bed...oh, forgot to do laundry for some clean shirts for work tomorrow, hmmm, that might be problematic!

...Going to look if I have any clean ones left... yup, think there's one!

Still getting on to doing my cabinet doors for the kitchen, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Grazhina, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm on puppy patrol. It's been at least 15 years since I house broke a dog and had forgotten how labor intensive it can be. No time for hardly anything due to trying to keep her to a schedule. At 8 weeks, anything over 30 minutes can result in disaster for me.

She's in my lap at the moment along with my keyboard, with each movement, her little head is bobbing up and down. Sort of cute but hard to type this way.

Ahhh! A nice full tank of oil. Nothing better.

Still have not turned on the heat though...LOL it is in the 60s today. Have to rest my weary bones for a long day in line tomorrow. The girls asked me who I was voting for..I told them Ralph Nader.. :blink: I keep my voting choice to myself..LOL

Still resting up from the weekend. I am so tired and achy. I think I will make an easy dinner tonite.

I need to go thru all of my goodies in the basement. at the same time i'd rather spend the day doing something creative. i'll have to think on this one.

it's a raining, dark day. i think we are supposed to get some snow this evening and tomorrow. hope there isn't alot on the roads in the morning.

Feeling kind of icky today. I am hoping it is just my regular ole medical problems and not a virus. Just feel....Yuck!

I am going to make baked mac and cheese for dinner tonite..actually it is Mac Daddy Baked Mac and Cheese. But I do not follow the recipe to the letter. I do not use heavy cream, no pepper jack today, only 2 slices of bacon instead of three, and no bacon fat. It is still fattening without those things but so much less. I have tried it with turkey bacon and nobody liked it.

I think I will lay on the couch and watch 27 dresses later. Hopefully I am not coming down with something...Yuck!

Nothing exciting today. Work wasn't particularly exciting, but had to run an errand on the way home, so we stopped at a pub in the next village. Absolutly delicious meal!! I had a beef steak pie and veggies, gorgeous! We'll be going there again. But means there's not a lot of evening left when I got home, so catching up on forum/emails. Need to go into work early tomorrow to find time for training, so will need to be an earlyish night.

It's only Tuesday! Want it to be at least thursday so that the weekend comes quicker, so I can do some mini-ing again.

Muriel :)

we made it to the polls very early this morning (6:45) and only waited two hours, so not bad at all! Our oldest son's first time to vote. While in line I watched a precious teen fellow (came along with his family to watch the voting process) working on a small handcraft project. He'd made a card paper gizmo that he'd threaded yarn strands through and was braiding 'friendship bracelets' through it. I got him to show me how and it was fascinating! He said he went on www.instructibles.com (I think that's the spelling...could be instructables) and learned how. I can't wait to try this! I'd brought a simple lace scarf to work on that has a easy pattern. Only problem was the yarn was so wispy and kept trying to blow away. I felt like Charlotte spider trying to spin a web in a stiff moist breeze.

Got to work at the library on time and had a very busy day. Schools are out, so the kids were pouring in to use the computers.

Grazhina: comforting hugs! You are in all of our thoughts!

A neighbor picked me up to vote. We walked right in and right out again. Busy but the right time - 9 am working folks already voted or were going to vote after work. Then I was kidnapped. My friend did not take me home but to the senior center for exercise group. So now here I sit all achy. Guess I should go with her more often. I am now settling in to watch the returns.

:doh:

Still feeling like I was hit by a Mac truck. Anyone else under the weather? I am going to take it easy today like I did yesterday.

I am such a ditz sometimes. I went to check my bank statement online and I miss calculated. So I had to make a phone call to the phone company to see if they resubmit or what. The girl had no clue. The supervisor had no clue. "Your balance is paid" I am so glad I do not work for this company anymore. I hate when I miscalculate. It does not happen all the time but I am glad I caught it today. Something told me to check my statement...

It is a bright new day. The leaves are GORGEOUS here. There is a mild wind right now (going to have gales tonite) so I walked Perla in the neighborhood and we enjoyed getting showered with yellow, red, and dusty brown leaves. She loves tromping in the piles. This will be our first winter with her. It is going to be something watching her trying to *go* in a snowstorm.

Going to rest up some more today. I want to rake leaves but I think I should get over whatever is bothering me first.

Oh I just saw the most gorgeous dog!!! I want a Harlequin Great Dane! (specifically, I saw Chester in Two and a Half Men)

Work was long and tiring today.

Think I should do some mini-ing tonight...although I just remember that I'm supposed to be doing work for work tomorrow. Grrrr.

Headed to work in a couple of hours..staff meeting in the AM so I won't even get home until 11Am and then back to work at 7Pm tomorrow. heidi, I'm with you...feeling really craptastic but nothing I can really pinpoint..just general yuck. Saw my psych nurse today, had some med changes, and she plans to send me to a neurologist who specializes in sleep disorders to find out why I sleep so much (who knew that 30+ hours at a pop was considered excessive? :blink: ) But seriously...the sleep thing's been ongoing for awhile and neither my regular doc or psych nurse can figure it out.....have had so much blood taken I've started calling the phlebotomist (who happens to be my coworker as well...phlebotomy is her side job) my friendly neighborhood vampire!

my friendly neighborhood vampire!

That is a badge of great respect in our hospital. If a phleb. is called a vampire, that means you do not even know what happened..they were THAT good.

Have you ever done a sleep lab before? How they can figure you can get sleep while you are wired up like that I will never know. The thingys in your nose (to check your breathing) were really annoying. I could oversleep but my body gets achy and wakes me up at 6am. I bet if I had a sleep number bed or one of those foam mattress beds I would sleep like Rip Van Winkle.

ROFL! I had a memory. My sister used to nap alot and my Mom used to call her Rip.

It is so hot! Well not hot but it is 7:30am and it is already 65 deg F. The house is sealed shut with plastic and I was dying from the heat last night. I think the ickies are partly because of the weather. It is hot. It is cold. It is hot. It is cold. The body gets confused. Plus I am still working off the body stress from the slumber party. I tell people who do not know what is wrong with me that I just need some coffee. I am not sick..just need some caffeine. They laugh and understand. If they only knew.

But there may be something cause Chelsea has a sore throat. Oh crap..I didnt disinfect this keyboard this morning! LOL

Going to start Christmas shopping. I have Nat`s list. Every week I am going to go out and pick up something on her list. Chelsea hasnt given me a list yet...PIA. Just a little shopping every week and there should be a nice amount of gifts under the tree. Nothing spectacular but nobody will feel cheated and depressed.