What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh I just saw the most gorgeous dog!!! I want a Harlequin Great Dane! (specifically, I saw Chester in Two and a Half Men)

harlequin.jpg

You want one of these?

It is a gorgeous dog. I will pass. I have a new rule about dogs. If their poo is bigger then mine, I do not want one....LOL BTDT

Ohhh Heidi, I love the way you think!!!!

Today is one of those looooong days as I am going on a conference in a couple of hours which means a one hour drive one way and which also means I won't be home until after 9 pm tonight.... Buuuut it is Friday tomorrow when I will be getting home around 1 so that is goooood.

hugs

Ohhh Heidi, I love the way you think!!!!

I could not get anyone to clean the yard when we had the Lab and the beagle. I would be out there with a bucket and shovel gagging. I promised myself that I would never go thru that again.

I would be no help with mucking someones barn...I would be in the pasture losing my lunch.

Well we had a WONDERFUL! weekend, we left Monday AM and stopped at Manatee Springs State Park's campground and spent Tuesday hiking about 6 miles of their hiking trail system (the Springs are too close to the Suwanee, which was full of power boats, to paddle the kayaks). Wednesday of last week we moved on to the Hillsborough River State Park campground.

First thing Thursday AM we joined a group that went paddling on the Chassahowitzka River about halfway back to Manatee Springs. It's a beautiful, twisty river with lots of channels and our trip leader had a good chart, so we stuck close. We saw several manatees and paddled 'way back into the hammocks to a spring called "The Crack" where some of our paddlers swam. We saw a nice dinner-sized blue crab & a couple of pipefish.

Friday we went on a paddle on the Hillsborough River below the park and did almost 10 miles of beautiful scenery that included lots of birds and late flowers. One of the nice things about this part of FL is that we have the bromeliads & other epiphytic plants & variety of palm trees common in South Florida, but still have our Spanish moss.

Saturday we spent the day on the Little Manatee River, near where DH's mom lives. We ran out of enough water to float our kayaks & canoes to the US301 bridge, but got in nearly 7 miles of paddling with only one portage.

All the Gulf paddles got cancelled and changed, due to winter wind & tide patterns, so instead of the paddle we'd signed up for Sunday we decided to hike the trail along the Hillsborough River on the campground side of the park. Five of our good friends from our paddling & hiking clubs in Tallahassee came, and we all hiked together about 2.5 miles up to the second section of rapids. On the way back we saw a magnificent red-shouldered hawk.

Monday we went back to spend the day with DH's mom & brother & SIL, and went out to dinner together.

Tuesday we hiked the river trail again, this time crossing the river to hike the shorter of two loop trails; we saw a pileated woodpecker and a gar.

Yesterday we moved to the East Coast to a private campground with wifi and visited my cousin whom I haven't seen in over 40 years. Somehow we've both turned into little old people! We're going to spend the day with him & his lovely wife today and then start back toward home tomorrow, staying in more state parks until we get home. We'll be home two or three days and then off to yet another state park for another paddling weekend starting a week from tomorrow.

I wish I had an ounce of your energy Holly. Dang autoimmune system. I live vicariously thru your tales of adventure!

Fred has to go into work early (again) today. I guess I should not complain...More money for Christmas. Fall is a busy baby time. Plus he has a co-worker (does his job during the day) that likes to abuse her FMLA status.

I am NOT against people using their FMLA. I used it when I was sick. If you are fortunate to get it, take advantage of it when you NEED it. She just got *sick* when he came back from vacation. Lazy so-so. Like I said, if you need it and got it...use it. She just always ends up having to use it just before a holiday or when it is extra busy at work. (small gripe)

I wish I had some extra money to play with today. I would love to go do something outside the house that required some cashola.

[. Plus he has a co-worker (does his job during the day) that likes to abuse her FMLA status.

I am NOT against people using their FMLA. I used it when I was sick. If you are fortunate to get it, take advantage of it when you NEED it. She just got *sick* when he came back from vacation. Lazy so-so. Like I said, if you need it and got it...use it. She just always ends up having to use it just before a holiday or when it is extra busy at work. (small gripe)

What is FMLA? Rita

What is FMLA? Rita

Family medical leave act. If you or someone you love is ill and you work at a business with (i think) more then 50 employees, you can get leave from the federal government. You do not get paid for it unless you have sick time or short term disability available. I do not remember how many weeks you get at a time...if memory serves it is like 16 weeks (i may be wrong). You can use it all at once or in blocks as short as hourly increments..like for doctors appointments. As long as you have it and you use it , your job cannot fire you because of the leave. After your FMLA runs out you have to wait 2 years to obtain another one..but I did this 8 years ago so the rules may have changed.

Your leave has to be for the illness that you applied for. So if you have a cold, you cannot use it, but if you are going for physical therapy for your illness then that counts.

Thanks everyone for the love, support, prayers + hugs.

So good to be back online

Had my 3rd chemo treatment last thursday. 3 more to go. I'm half way there!

I go every 3 weeks. The first week after treatment is awful. Very tired and much body pain from the white blood cell booster. Blaahhcckk.

This Saturday I go to a hair replacement salon to be fitted for a wig. I've tried 4 wigs and they were all hideous. Pretty funny actually. I had a good laugh when I looked in the mirror. This place I'll go to. They custom fit you. Very expensive. But I'm worth it!

By the way, not to worry, the cancer is gone, Just have to have chemo and then radiation for insurance that it's "completely gone". More of a chance that it never comes back.

I've moved up to the main house upstairs. Need to set up a table and bring up my dollhouse and start working on it again. Little here, little there. When I have the energy.

Also want to start miniature shopping again soon. See what's new, and on sale.

I don't get on the computer all that much. But good to be coming back to the forum. I missed it and all of you immensely. Didn't know until I came back and read all the replies from my post in chit chat. Brought tears to my eyes. Bless you all!

Way to go Michelle! Not the chemo and radiation but the cancer all gone!

As for the wigs being hideous..Let me share a story. The women in my family grow up to have beautiful auburn hair with hazel eyes. Thick heads of hair with a nice soft curl. Then age starts to set in and the hair starts to thin out. Well my sister got into her brain that she was going to start sporting wigs. O...Kay I said to myself. So one day she takes our Mom out to buy her a wig. Mom needed it, her hair was very thin. They show up at my house to show me their new looks. They walk into the door and they both had platinum blonde wigs on...and not good looking wigs I might add. I literally fell on the floor from laughter. I could not stop. I do not like to be mean to people (as most of you know my disposition) but I lost it! Fred said he never saw me actually rolling on the floor. They never wore them again...and they thanked me. In the light of day they realized they did not get their monies worth. Get a great wig..You deserve it with all you have been thru! I think if their wigs were natural looking and still blonde I would not have almost peed my pants.

What am I doing online at midnight? Eating a couple Mary Janes and drinking some water. Chelsea has a sore throat and went to bed early. I am beside myself! I NEVER get to go online at night. I gave it up because my hair in the back was falling out from all the hot air that was getting breathed on it. LOL

I will go to bed in a bit...just enjoying the solitude.

Heidi, you remind me of how much I'd rather see a beautiful bald head than a hideous wig!

Michelle, one of my good paddling buddies is a breast cancer survivor who gave up on trying to find a decent wig & her solution was hats! She's like me, so her hats were all for outdoor activities, and now she has quite a good selection. When her hair began to grow in she took off her hat to show me, and she looked SO good I almost went out there & then to shave my own head. What a wonderful badge of honor for a cancer fighter!

BTW, before the chemo made her lose her hair my friend's hair was straight as string and a rather unlovely shade of brown; now it's gorgeously curly and a dark gray.

Michele, Courage and Strength to you!! Get lot's of rest!

I'm off from work today and the weather is lovely here. The trees in our back woods have turned gorgeous colors! I have the back door open and the teen kittens, Maisie and Lily, are almost glued to the screen watching the leaves fall all over the deck and the birds at the feeder. I made appts for them with the vet for spays when we get back from our trip to Nashville next weekend for the family wedding.

Jim has a cold, and is as growly as a bear this morning. Before he left for work he helped me print sets of notecards we've made from the butterflies/moths/spider I've drawn. Our art guild has temporary lease on an empty store that's set to be demolished in January. The guild members have cleaned it up and will have a holiday shop starting next week to sell our artwork. Members just have to agree to work in the shop three or four days during the time it's open. The notecards will be my commission.

We have a new fur kid named Baron that we are fostering but will adopt as soon as he is neutered.(Rescue Group pays for that before they release them for adoption.) He is a seven year old boxer and he has been glued to my side pretty much ever since he arrived last week. Our main concern was whether our female diva would take to him and she was iffy for a couple of days. She has not been feeling well with a heart problem that led to her gaining over 10 pounds of fluid. Thankfully she has responded to the vet's treatment and has lost nearly 15 pounds on the diretic and lasik meds and is more playful and chipper then she has been for the past couple of years. She has figured out Baron is here to stay and has warmed up to him even to the point of flirting and playing occasionally with him. As he settles in his personality is gradually reasserting itself and he is really a nice well adjusted dog. He is well trained, knows sit, come and walks well on a leash. We really lucked out with him. He is playing with my daughter's retriever full bore and all you can do when they are chasing each other is stay out of the way. lol.

Kind of a weird work schedule this week and next...I worked Wed/Thur overnight, I'm off tonight, I work Sat night, off Sun, work Mon/Tues overnight, and then I have a stretch off, 6 days I think? In any case, today and Sunday are a bit shot, but it's all good. I slept most of today, and now I'm going through mail on my desk, and catching up on emails and such. I'm trying to stay in the same up at night/sleep during the day pattern so I'll be set for work, and really I am a night owl anyway so it's all good. I figure I'll do "office" stuff today and housework when I get up Sunday.

We did one of those "shopping" rounds earlier, went to fetch hubby's new glasses and after that we went to our closest "mall" (tiny in comparison with other malls I am sure LOL) but I found a new winter "coat" of sorts, a coat for those times one wants to "dress up" a little ie not have to worry about the weather/school and stuff... And we stocked up on this that and whatever clothes-wise which was nice and I even had a quick run through the craft store, did find some neat little reindeer thingies that will become lawn ornaments in my Aster's yard I think but that was about it, sheesh I am getting spoilt LOL then we headed for home and some lunch after which I put a few more stitches in the poinsetta rug for the Aster cottage, it is almost finished, yay!!!

Right now I am awaiting my "pollo diavolo" that I have in the oven baking/cooking, I just added a few more piece of chili peppers...

Hugs

I just got back from running with my friend. She was short of food, gas, and laundry money this week. So I drove her to the food pantry in another town. It was sooo long! So many people. Lots and Lots of people.

You get to hear stories and how people are dealing. We got there at 7am and did not leave until 10am. I am tired.

I was there so I got something too. I gave most of my stash to her.

Then I treated her to some soft cover books at a Church bazaar..25c a piece. She has 6 really good Dean Koontz and John Saul books to read now. I even bought a huge banana bread w/walnuts for only $2! Score!

She gave me $10 for gas last week..I gave her a roll of quarters for laundry this week. She seemed happier after I dropped her off. She does it for me when I need it, then I pay it forward.

Nat is going to sleep over a friends house and Fred is working today. So it is just Chelsea and I. Nice and quiet! LOVE IT! She does her thing, I do mine. I am going to get up soon and make some tabbouleh. I bought some bulgar wheat yesterday. It will save alot of money instead of buying it pre-made. We love the stuff. I have everything but the mint. Eh! it will still taste good.

I think I will make a nice veggie bean soup for dinner. It will just be the two of us and we love it. Add a nice baguette (the food pantry) and I am all set for dinner.

Sounds like a great day Heidi, you feeling any better now? Have been thinking of you!

I really like the sound of your tabbouleh, will definitley have to try it out as I have some in my cupboard...

Hugs

Anna I am better but not 100%.

I have been such a SLUG this afternoon. Fred and Nat are gone. Chelsea and I enjoy these times because we both just do our own things. It is like being alone but not all alone. Nobody bugging you for anything, talking too loudly, taking over the tv or computer..It is nice.

I have laid on the couch reading two newspapers, then I watched the movie Shawshank Redemption (one of my favs), and now I was zoning out to When Harry met Sally.. So I came online for a bit. I did put two coats of paint on the bookshelves for the MHM office today. They need to be polyed tomorrow.

Chelsea has like 3 books and she went up to her room to read them.

I feel like going to bed and it is only 6pm..LOL

Yay, long week is over. Had my 3 month review today, went pretty well, tutor is happy with my progress. Should still try and get an assignment done by monday, but after this week I really want a full day off tomorrow!

Tonight I painted some shelves too Heidi! Well I painted them last weekend and varnished them tonight to get them shiny black. Was going to do some more on the shelves (its the built in ones from the Willow) but I've put my wallpaper somewhere and haven't found it yet. Well, at least it isn't visible from the sofa :wave: I haven't searched any further really!

Was also going to do frames for my kitchen doors, but had another think, and think they'll look great without the frames, so didn't bother. Cut the drawer fronts out too, and figured out how to make the drawers. Next I'll have to make some shelves to go in the cupboards (and for the drawers to sit on) Then Have to decide what colours I'm going to paint them! Will have to look at some pictures for inspiration I think.

Chris did a good job tidying today while I was at work, so can now find my crafting bits that I had piled around the sitting room, and tomorrow I think I'll try and tidy them away. It is so easy to get something out for the evening, and then not put it away at the end of the night. And once something's left out, it is too easy to leave other stuff out, until it is a mess!

So tomorrow hopefully I'll find my wallpaper and finish the shelves. Then wallpaper the rest of the sitting room, and perhaps varnish the floor too. While looking at pretty kitchen pictures too of course! :wave:

Hope you had a good saturday!

lad to here you are feeling better Heidi. Shawshank is one of my favs too. I could watch it over and over. I had a pretty good week crafting wise. Thanks to some inspiration from exciting news. New album in the Gallery. Christmas is closing than we think.

Ugh Judi, I know what you mean. My countdown to Christmas is by pay weeks. There are 6 more paydays until Christmas... :wave:

I did get one thing on Nat`s list on Friday. I have been getting stocking stuffers also. Much better today and that is a good thing. Enough time has passed since the rain storm that I can now start raking leaves to bag. There are TONS of leaves to rake!

I still have my Halloween decorations sitting on the dining room table. I need to bring them downstairs today. Tired of looking at them. I am not ready to decorate for Christmas yet...not in the mood.

I am going to poly the book shelves today (Anna, I painted mine black also). I have to find my stick stuck stuff so that I can start arranging the books and goodies I have. I have enough stuff to fill one of the two units. I am going to have to start making some books to fill the other unit.

I sold another item on Etsy today! The Molar bracelet is spoken for. I think I am going to make another one and put it out there also. Holly sent me some framing guides so that I can make my own frames. Now I have to get some board and start doing oil paintings to sell on their also.

Boooo and fudge! I've put my nice piece of wallpaper that I made somewhere safe so it wouldn't get crinkled... Can I find it now?? Of course not! Grrrr! and this time I've searched properly too!

What to do instead?

I found it!! Didn't put it in as safe a place as I thought, so just fell down the side of the sofa (the safe place had been the arm of the sofa :hug:) So finished my shelves today.

Also made a delicious sunday roast (gamon roast) with roast potatoes, roast onions, brocciflower cheese and yorkshire puddings. Mmmmmm.

Been watching House while doing my shelves, think I'll move on to shelves in my kitchen now.

What have you had for dinner today?

:congrats:

I have been off work for two weeks and I have been super lazy!

I haven't mini as much as I would like to... Did get some swaps finished and now what...

well have couple things left to make for my christmas card people and then going to work on my

building some more getting it straightened out...

I am super lazy lol

I watched two movies today..devil wears prada.. great movie! and til there was you... was a good movie too..

Spent a lot of the day thinking about where my life is going or should say not going...

now going back in the house and going to finish some laudry and run the vaccum...

at work we have to complete so many hours of cont. education classes and I have two classes the next two days... Lazy days are over in a few hours.....

How many years until retirement? 18? ugggggh!

Since my last wifi site we had really great Thursday with my cousin & his wife, went to a Marine Science Center at Ponce Inlet, got him to walk the nature trail with us and then all went out to lunch; DH & I spotted a lovely black racer, about 3' long, sunning itself beside the path. My cousin cooked chicken for us for supper.

Friday we went up toward St Augustine and spent two nights at Faver Dykes State Park campground, paddled Pellicer Creek yesterday, but had to stop after 3+ miles, arather large 'gator had requisitioned a dead feral pig from a flock of buzzards (we got this info from a previous pack of paddlers) and as DH started around the the bend where the pig was, the 'gator came diving off the opposite bank (I heard it hit the water from back where I was, followed by DH back-paddling his kayak and suggesting I do the same).

This morning we headed for home, deciding at lunch time to stop for the night at our favorite campground at White Springs. Dinner tonight will be pulau, but we carnivores will eat turkey kielbasa with it.