What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Today I got to pick up the insurance check from my daughter totaling the car that used to be mine. She does not get the money since the crash was her fault and besides she would only blow it. The last wreck she had which was not her fault we used the money to put towards a new car. I am glad that we had not let her have the new car yet. We made her keep driving the old one till her high school was finished (shes in homeschool). But anyway we are glad that no one was hurt. And I bought groceries :) that is a sarcastic dancing banana!

Cheese and Crackers! It is cooooollllddd!

It is 24 deg F but feels like 10 or 11 outside. An Alberta Clipper is swooping down the states. There is forecast for snow but not in our neck of the woods (TG!) I guess you can say that winter is unofficially here.

Still working on the tree...beading beading beading beading..you get the idea.

Today Lloyd starts his radiation treatments in Sedalia, 30 miles from here. The appointment will be at 1:30 every weekday until near the end of January, except for three days: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's.

Will be thinking of you and Lloyd sending positive thoughts your way Kathie!

As for today, well it is windy as he-double hockey sticks LOL and there are threats of slippery slope roads, we'll see about that as we are going to IKEA in a little while as in when DH gets home from work so hopefully not to bad LOL...

It will be one of those splash and dash visits hopefully...

Hoping that life will slow down just a tad real soon, hoping to put in a few more stitches in the Christmas rug later tonight, not that many left to do, still need to secure some threads on the back though...

Hugs

VERY quiet day today, we went out for groceries after breakfast and just finished lunch, and ASA the dishes are done I'm curling up with La Casita's rug to stitch, and let DH play with his stock site. If I get really ambitious I'll try hunting up my basic cookie recipe.

Kathie, here are extra prayers & hugs for both you & Loyd. Think of knitting him a warm cap.

Just got home from having my eyes examined. Yippee. I'm getting bifocals. Didn't realize at 41 I would need them so it was a bit of a shock. yes, i knew there were vision changes and that i've been having to take my glasses off to read stuff close by, but my heavens, i didn't think this was it. ....lol...i can deal with getting older age wise, the changes in the mirror and the grey hair, but the bifocals have just kicked me in the gut. Were's the sobbing emoticon? lol.

I have not worked on my house in 2 days and it's driving me crazy! It's screaming at me to come finish it! :cucumber:

But today I had to go to Lowes which is always fun for me. :p And now that I am home am I doing anything productive? NOPE just sitting here eating my late lunch that is really not very good. Oh well at least I'm not napping :groucho:

Oh boy do I remember my first pair of bifocals. Talk about sick every time I bent over and straightened up. I changed to progressive lenses the last time I had my eyes checked but mainly because of the computer. Now I don't have to lift my chin to read what's on the screen.

I don't mind the numbers changing as I age, it's all the stuff that comes with it. :p

I went from no glasses to bifocals at age 43. Now I wear trifocals. I tried the progressive lenses once and couldn't get used to them. Was afraid I'd misjudge distance and fall down stairs. The divisions in the trifocals don't bother me.

Well, it is snowing this mornig, Hmmm, will have to see if it is slippery outside then I just might take that walk to work instead of riding the bike as I haven't changed the tyres on that to the winter ones just yet, meant to do that but... :p

Hugs

Well I've got my MOT today - it's where they check over your car to make sure it is allowed on the road. The car has to pass certain tests to get a certificate. You need the certificate to get your car tax disc (if you don't have that you get fines and i think they can impound you car :) )

So basically they test your car, then tell you all the things that need fixing and the cost, and then you gotta say ok cause it's illegal to drive it having failed the MOT! Fingers crossed everything goes ok this morning.

Otherwise I'm happy it is Friday. Ready for the weekend!

I went from no glasses to bifocals at age 43. Now I wear trifocals. I tried the progressive lenses once and couldn't get used to them. Was afraid I'd misjudge distance and fall down stairs. The divisions in the trifocals don't bother me.

Hmmm, i ordered the progressive lenses. hope i can get adjusted to them. :) I got a pretty frame for them, it has laser etched designs on the arms. (they wanted to keep my other glasses until i could get my prescription put in...glad i bought new frames because they said it could take 2 weeks to get them back). The downside was the cost for it all, even after 30% off frames and 20% off lenses (employee discount), it was still alot of money. I sure hope I can get adjusted to them, especially since i'm at the point now where i have to wear glasses all the time. They told me it would be about 2 weeks to get adjusted to them.

Starting to get ready to go over to my PILs later on today and have a nice weekend starting to prepare the Christmas food... It is a sort of a yearly tradition for my MIL and I to have a weekend when we prepare a few of the dishes (?) that we can freeze and then just thaw while either warming them or cooking them so to speak, it is starting to feel a little Christmassy as well as we have the ground covered in a tiny amount of snow, hopefully the roads won't be ice covered though

Hugs

Ah, she was a ray of sunshine in my life, but the tumors had become malignant, melanomae, and had metastasized all throughout her body, and the vet said it was just a matter of a week or two before they'd hit her lungs and impair her breathing. As it was she had dropped 8 pounds over the past two months, and we couldn't feed her fast enough. I was so glad the vet was as nice as he is. Mellie & I sat together on the floor on a big, soft blanket and she just sent to sleep in my arms, and then DH squatted down to pet her goodby, too. I hope my own passing is that peacefu1l