What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sort of starting to <_< as I still haven't heard from the lady I purchased the items on Ebay yet, she is in England so it isn't the time difference either... But, it is a weekend so I will be patient a little while longer, but I really, really wanted to get this resolved and hear how she wants to proceed as she sent a set of things that I didn't purchase and left out two things I did buy...

Hugs

Marg, I knew it would be gorgeous and now I can't wait and I do hope that it won't delaminate to bad and that spackle will help out hide if it does <_<

Hugs and thanks for sharing the pics, those columns are SOOOO neat!

Heidi! i can't believe they defected and are coke drinkers now! why are they traitors?????!!!!

i'm from a pepsi family all the way! have been for years and years and years. lol....

I cannot either. I feel so betrayed...ROFL Marg, when you go to a restaurant and they tell you they have Pepsi products, do you have a teensy bit of glee? This area is mostly Coke because of the bottling distributor being in our city. So basically all places serve is Coke products and I will just get water or tea. When they say they have Pepsi..I get a bit excited..LOL

It is going to be brutally cold here in the next couple of days. Like North Dakota cold. Single digits during the day cold. We havent seen these temps around here in about 10 years. I have to call tomorrow to get an oil fill so we will be all set for it.

Chelsea leaves on Thursday night for an adventure with Chris. They are going to Baltimore. There is some book place that lets you take out books for free. And there is a place called Soups on Baltimore that makes vegan soups. They are all excited. They will be back home on Sunday night.

• Like 1

The Houseworks doors and door knobs for the Pomeroy came today! Yeah!!

There are two of the Victorian glazed exterior door. I want to figure out what I am going to do to the *glass*. I also got crystal door knobs for both sets of doors.

Goody! I think I want to open one of the up and test it out in the opening. Then I am going to decide what stain they are going to be. I think some sanding is in order today!

I am have my favorite chicken cooking in the dutch oven as we speak..Yum. If you are interested it is from Ina Garten and it is called 40 cloves of garlic chicken.

I do not use 3 heads of garlic though. I only use one. So mine is basically 12 cloves of garlic. I have rice a roni on the stove (havent made it in ages) and a nice red onion, cucumber, and tomato salad for dinner.

Fred and I found out that Natalie was invited to a slumber party on Saturday. She will be gone at 11am Saturday morning. Chelsea is leaving Thursday night to Baltimore..Fred has the weekend off... :)

Dinner and a movie sounds really really good. We both want to see The Wrestler. (Mickey Rourke) Sounds like a plan,man.

The new Clint Eastwood movie "Gran Torino" was awesome. It had us rolling in the floor laughing lots of times (well not literally since I cannot imagine what is on the movie theater floors EWWWW). But I have to say it was one of the best I have seen in a long time. I also really liked the Curious Life of Benjamin Button and I am not a huge Brad Pitt fan. Tom Cruise's Valkarie was OK but not great better to wait for DVD.

Mammogram day yesterday with some shopping & then dinner out. Michael's hutches were few & sparse, but I found two to bash for the Travel Trailer. I'm up godarful early with a small skin tear apparently courtesy of the radiology tech, since it's there. It's COLD here, people! We got home and I found a wonderful CARE package from a Forum family member, I'll pose pictures later.

It is freakin cold out there!!!!! Only going to get colder as the week passes. It is warm in the house, thank goodness. Really really cold. Brrrr!

I have to run errands today with Chelsea. She needs to get some things for her trip.

UPS brought me more dolls yesterday. Since being in the building slump I've gone way overboard on my doll collection. I now have ten Euro Girls plus all the others. They have been discontinued and are similar size to Magic Attic but much more affordable. I am starting to get back to my houses now and have lots to do. I'd start another but should really finish what I've got going.

Woke up sneezing with furnace trying hard to keep the house at 62 degrees. It's 7 outside with a wind chill of -8. I've kicked up the thermostat and put a pot of water on the stove to add some humidity to the air.

It's 7 outside with a wind chill of -8. I've kicked up the thermostat and put a pot of water on the stove to add some humidity to the air.

It is not that cold here yet but it will be in a couple days. I think I am going to do the same. My skin feels like parchment paper.

I don't know what the temp is outside currently but I'm sure dreading Friday. The high is supposed to be 33 so I can only imagine what everyone in the northern parts will experience.

What happened to the warm south?

16 here with a chill factor of 6. But at least I don't have to go to school until 9. Going to an inservice, so it will be a cold meeting room. Now that I'm just waiting on stuff for my roombox and the dollhouse is put away, I am just working on my petitpoint rug-maybe I'll actually get it finished!

I don't know what the temp is outside currently but I'm sure dreading Friday. The high is supposed to be 33 so I can only imagine what everyone in the northern parts will experience.

What happened to the warm south?

Excellent question, Gayle! Where's that so-called global warming when you need it? We woke up to today's high temp of 40...

Yes, Heidi! I do feel a little zing of excitement when i find out that Pepsi products are sold. When i ask for a coke and they say "is pepsi okay"? I say "EVEN BETTER". i make it a point to thank them for serving a superior drink...lol.

we have coke products where i work and it's hard to settle for drinking them.

It's 17 degrees here :lol: And finally my doctor is back from where ever he has been so I can go get rid of this funky crap that is in my head. I am so dizzy I almost fell down my stairs last night. Did not work on my house at all yest. because my head was about to explode! But today is starting out good since I found the mail that never got checked yest, was full of mini's I ordered!! I am all happy to see them and now I am ready to get to work again. Oh and one thing that put a damper on my morning is my husband has said that we both need to start a diet Monday. One month of trying it on our own and then if it's not working we go join L.A. Weight loss together. B) Ok before youall think "What a jerk!" I have been trying to get him to do something for a long time, I actually lost 60 lbs on L.A. Weight loss a couple of years ago with my sister. However I have since then put it all back on and then some. This does not make me want to do it again though. I call this the concentration camp diet! I will starve to death B) B) Yep that's all I got for now

I read all your weather comments and think.."They don't know what cold is!!" Minus 24 :lol: on the farm this morning. Breezie did her business in seconds and is now snoozing in the recliner. Belle insisted this weather did not harm cats and went out. Ozzie decided that the best place to spend the day was snoozing on the back of the couch ,occassionally opening one eye to dream about snatching a bird from the bird feeder outside the window. Snow and colder temp coming tonight! And they wonder why half the state goes to AZ in the winter. LOL. I am in my workroom on the south side of the house where the sun is shnning in brightly. i will glue window trim to the Garfield and do some sewing today. I need a new fleece shirt. Rita

I read all your weather comments and think.."They don't know what cold is!!"
Au contraire, Rita! BTDT, which is why I made a deal (covenant?) with God that if I could move back to FL I'd never complain about how hot it gets in the summer (and the following summer we were in Jacksonville, FL; and I do NOT complain about the heat in summer!). One of the concommitant adjustments one makes in the South is that our blood seems to thin out (I sure wish that would happen on the outside!) and especially in conjunction with high humidity we really feel the cold we get, to the bone.

I dont wanna go out today and run errands. It is cold out there. Frost bite category cold. Plus I would have to warm the car up..just too much trouble. LOL

Half day for Nat today (teacher meetings). Going to take her out to buy a pair of jeans..maybe two if the sales are good.

My lemon tree finally bit the dust. No matter what I did, it just kept dropping leaves. I put it in the warmest, most sunniest place in the kitchen but it did not survive. Oh well, guess it wasnt meant to be.

I guess I should get off my duff now, take a shower, get dressed, warm up the car, and go.

My lemon tree finally bit the dust. No matter what I did, it just kept dropping leaves. I put it in the warmest, most sunniest place in the kitchen but it did not survive. Oh well, guess it wasnt meant to be.

Heidi, Are you sure it is dead.? Check the bark. If the green layer is still visible under the outer layer it is just going domrant. Put it in a cool darkened place. Let it rest. With the low light our plants receive in the winter sometimes they just go dormant. Rita

Since our C-band satellite bit the dust in one of our wonderful West FL lightning storms two months ago I'm learning all about the wonders of our local TV offerings, and our local PBS has gone digital and their third channel is the Create channel, so I'm experimenting with a crochet stitch they demonstrated on a knitting & crochet show they did with Etsy vendors. I also finished priming the interior of the Travel Trailer and have the curbside & end walls glued to the floor. So far my bash from one to two axles looks OK.

I'm also working on the single-strand backstitch outlining of the teddy bears on Baby Boy's sampler; I'm saving Papa Bear's specs for last, since they're in that "interesting" gold metallic thread.